• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses (Nov 1)

Where are the upsets?

• #18 SDSU (5-3) at #1 NDSU (8-0)

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • #23 Albany (6-2) at #2 UNH (6-1)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • #13 Richmond (6-2) vs #4 ‘Nova (7-1)

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • #22 UNI (4-4) vs #7 Illinois State (7-0)

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Dartmouth (5-1) vs #20 Harvard (6-0)

• W Carolina (6-2) vs #14 Chatt (5-3)

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • JMU (5-3) vs #17 W&M (5-3)

• Total voters
Odd that so few have picked James M to upset W&M. The Sports Networks has it going JM's way ("X" marks their selected winner):
TSN said:
No. 17 William & Mary (5-3, 2-2 CAA) at X-James Madison (5-3, 2-2), 3:30 p.m. Running back Mikal Abdul-Saboor has to be tired after going for 37 carries against Delaware, but the Tribe would be advised to go right after a JMU rushing defense that has allowed 209 yards per game. Where the Dukes have an advantage is the consistency of quarterback Vad Lee, who would be the front- runner for All-CAA first-team honors if not for Villanova's John Robertson.
FWIW, they also pick the Griz. Full story: http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/...network&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4734798

IdaGriz01 said:
Okay, 14 of 60 voters who think SDSU can beat NDSU on the Bison home turf. Hmmm ... wonder how many of those are just "hatin' " on NDSU and how many really hope/believe it could happen. :lol:

Question for N/S Dakota folks: Is this any kind of "rivalry" game? Seem to recall the big football rivalry was NSDS vs UND.

I suppose some Bison fans view this as a rivalry game and, to a degree, it is somewhat since we ARE in the same state. They are an OOC game and a "counter" so it has that aspect to it. NDSU hasn't played that school up north for what, 11 or 12 years so there is a degree of novelty. After next season's game, und will once again become irrelevant in terms of scheduling for at least 4 years. The SDSU game is the game I've always circled on my calendar.

Lakerhater said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Okay, 14 of 60 voters who think SDSU can beat NDSU on the Bison home turf. Hmmm ... wonder how many of those are just "hatin' " on NDSU and how many really hope/believe it could happen. :lol:

Question for N/S Dakota folks: Is this any kind of "rivalry" game? Seem to recall the big football rivalry was NSDS vs UND.

I suppose some Bison fans view this as a rivalry game and, to a degree, it is somewhat since we ARE in the same state. They are an OOC game and a "counter" so it has that aspect to it. NDSU hasn't played that school up north for what, 11 or 12 years so there is a degree of novelty. After next season's game, und will once again become irrelevant in terms of scheduling for at least 4 years. The SDSU game is the game I've always circled on my calendar.

Rival? Eh maybe from an SDSU fan's perspective but from mine NDSU has dominated the bunnies historically and in recent years. I would call UNI the closest thing to a rival of NDSU these days.

As far as UND goes, it has changed. With how pathetic their team is and how successful NDSU's team is, you actually have a lot if UND alumni and fans who now chose to tailgate in Fargo, watch NDSU on state public television, and spend big money to go watch NDSU in Frisco. They have given up on them. Wouldn't call it a true rivalry anymore.

Question for you guys. When UM was pounding MSU during the steak and winning national championships, did you ever see MSU alumni and fans wearing Griz gear, tailgating at Griz games and cheering on the Griz?

FargoBison said:
IdaGriz01 said:

It is a rivalry, not as big as what NDSU-UND but still a game that both teams get up for. NDSU beating SDSU the past five games has taken some of the heat out of the rivalry though.
Just wait until it is 16 in a row. That is something you never really recover from... :roll:

Grisly Fan said:
FargoBison said:
IdaGriz01 said:

It is a rivalry, not as big as what NDSU-UND but still a game that both teams get up for. NDSU beating SDSU the past five games has taken some of the heat out of the rivalry though.
Just wait until it is 16 in a row. That is something you never really recover from... :roll:

I think NDSU won 17 in a row against SDSU from 1974 to 1992. An SDSU alum I work with went to school in the mid 80's and said it was pretty brutal.

Grisly Fan said:
4thecats said:
I am surprise the MSU vs Cal Poly game is not one of the options. Would be interesting to see how griz nation feels about that game. Without their maroon and silver glasses on.
This is about the 3rd week in a row this question has been asked. Try to keep up. BSC teams are not included because people would vote (too predictably) based on their fan-ness and it wouldn't say a whole lot.

My take on MSU-CP is if the Cats can jump out and take a lead I think they win comfortably. Let CP hang around and you won't like the final score.
Cha ching! Elite.

Grisly Fan said:
Grisly Fan said:
4thecats said:
I am surprise the MSU vs Cal Poly game is not one of the options. Would be interesting to see how griz nation feels about that game. Without their maroon and silver glasses on.
This is about the 3rd week in a row this question has been asked. Try to keep up. BSC teams are not included because people would vote (too predictably) based on their fan-ness and it wouldn't say a whole lot.

My take on MSU-CP is if the Cats can jump out and take a lead I think they win comfortably. Let CP hang around and you won't like the final score.
Cha ching! Elite.
Bingo! :thumb:

kurtismichael said:
I took Richmond and UNI. Can't stand Nova, hope they get clobbered.

Well, you were two for two. :clap:

I got the Richmond/Nova game, but picked Harvard to lose and that didn't happen.

Well, the top vote-getter (Richmond over Nova) did indeed turn into an upset (one of my votes :thumb: ). Of course, it was a really close game -- and somewhat ugly to watch. The defenses were okay, especially against the run, but the teams still combined for over 600 yards of offense. It was the seven turnovers (3 fumbles, 4 INT) that made it ugly.

However, there were two other upsets, and only a handful of us picked the JMU win over W&M. That game was not actually as close as the score (31-24). JMU out-gained W&M 445 yards to 274, or 27 first downs to 18. JMU almost doubled up W&M on passing yards. However, there were also 16 penalties called between the two teams, for 145 yards.

IdaGriz01 said:
Well, the top vote-getter (Richmond over Nova) did indeed turn into an upset (one of my votes :thumb: ). Of course, it was a really close game -- and somewhat ugly to watch. The defenses were okay, especially against the run, but the teams still combined for over 600 yards of offense. It was the seven turnovers (3 fumbles, 4 INT) that made it ugly.

However, there were two other upsets, and only a handful of us picked the JMU win over W&M. That game was not actually as close as the score (31-24). JMU out-gained W&M 445 yards to 274, or 27 first downs to 18. JMU almost doubled up W&M on passing yards. However, there were also 16 penalties called between the two teams, for 145 yards.

CAA football is very painful to watch. It almost ALWAYS seems like they're running in mud/slow motion...and many times they ARE! :lol:

Latest posts

Back