• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Upset Guesses (Sept 3-5) REVISED

Where are the upsets?

• #3 SHSU (11-5) at Texas Tech (4-8)

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • #4 Villanova (11-3) at UConn (2-10)

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • #8 Chatt'ga (10-4) vs #7 Jacksonv'l St (10-2)

• #9 UNH (12-2) at SJSU (3-9)

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • #14 Youngstown (7-5) at Pittsburgh (6-7)

• NW State (6-6) vs #19 SE Louisiana (9-4)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #20 Fordham (11-3) at Army (4-8)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • UNI (9-5) at Iowa State (2-10)

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
kurtismichael said:
I added Youngstown to my vote of N Iowa.
I have UNI too, but I switched my second vote to SHSU over T-Tech. Been reading some more stuff: T-Tech is apparently still a mess, so the Bearkats may be able to turn it into a shootout and pull off the upset.

Games coming up tomorrow, so I bumped a little early.

Still no votes for poor Northwestern State vs SE Louisiana? I know the comparative records make it look bad, but the Demons are playing at home, at least. Surely there's some chance they could pull off a first-game upset!?

Hmmm. SJSU is either way better than expected, or UNH is weaker than the "experts" thought. Score is 36-7 SJSU at the end of Q3, and they are driving.

Ouch!

Well, our two top vote-getters struck out. At least 'Nova made it relatively close, but New Hampshire got pounded. Who knew San Jose was that good? Or does UNH have a problem this year?

Fordham leads Army 27-21 at the half. Rams having trouble with the Army triple option, but seem to be able to score when they have to.

OBTW: Weber survived a quarter at Oregon State and the score is tied 0-0.

IdaGriz01 said:
Ouch!

Well, our two top vote-getters struck out. At least 'Nova made it relatively close, but New Hampshire got pounded. Who knew San Jose was that good? Or does UNH have a problem this year?

Maybe both? Yards were 707 to 186.

DuCharme said:
IdaGriz01 said:
Ouch!

Maybe both? Yards were 707 to 186.
Wow!

Back