• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vandal Return Discussion

I welcome Idaho back to the BSC for sure but if it means losing Eastern Washington as our rival game, every year, then it is not to my liking! Eastern Washington is our biggest rival. Hands down! The Montana Eastern Washington winner is the BSC champion every year! Everything else revolves around that game.With everybody else playing for second place!!! No other team has represented our conference in the playoffs with so many wins as UM and EWU both National champions UM =2001 & EWU in 2010.........
Go Griz! BSC champs 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I welcome Idaho back to the BSC for sure but if it means losing Eastern Washington as our rival game, every year, then it is not to my liking! Eastern Washington is our biggest rival. Hands down! The Montana Eastern Washington winner is the BSC champion every year! Everything else revolves around that game.With everybody else playing for second place!!! No other team has represented our conference in the playoffs with so many wins as UM and EWU both National champions UM =2001 & EWU in 2010.........

dayday said:
I think Idaho’s problem next year is finding a QB. If it’s the Petrino kid I think they are likely a average to below average FCS team. Might be anyways but that will ensure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his twin sister is an athlete on a Griz team.

i_the_sky said:

Would be worth kicking PSU out of the Big Sky if it means keeping the EWU/UM series a yearly deal. Or maybe EWU/UM can work out a deal like EWU has with MSU where they play on years they aren't scheduled Big Sky games.

i_the_sky said:

I give in way too often when it comes to responding your posts. I know better, but here I am...

UM has not won the conference since 09, that's 8 seasons without them at the top. EWU is consistently there, but not quite the "it's UM and EWU and everyone else" argument you're going for.

I'd say Weber had a pretty good showing in the playoffs this year too...

Catsrgrood said:
i_the_sky said:

I give in way too often when it comes to responding your posts. I know better, but here I am...

UM has not won the conference since 09, that's 8 seasons without them at the top. EWU is consistently there, but not quite the "it's UM and EWU and everyone else" argument you're going for.

And the scats haven't had a winning season with the next coming of the savior. And let's extend that contract but here we are. What's your point?

BigPapa406 said:
Catsrgrood said:
i_the_sky said:

And the scats haven't had a winning season with the next coming of the savior. And let's extend that contract but here we are. What's your point?

Sorry Catsrgood, I didn't realize who you were replying too. My bad carry on.

BigPapa406 said:
BigPapa406 said:
Catsrgrood said:
i_the_sky said:

Haha, no worries. We may not agree on Cat vs Griz, but I think we can all agree this I the sky dude is an idiot.

Catsrgrood said:
BigPapa406 said:
BigPapa406 said:
Catsrgrood said:

Haha, no worries. We may not agree on Cat vs Griz, but I think we can all agree this I the sky dude is an idiot.

For sure.

dayday said:
I think Idaho’s problem next year is finding a QB. If it’s the Petrino kid I think they are likely a average to below average FCS team. Might be anyways but that will ensure it.

http://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4497&path=

BigPapa406 said:
dayday said:

I think his twin sister is an athlete on a Griz team.

Yeah seems like you are right. Makes sense since Petrinos have strong Montana ties. I just watched a couple Idaho games last year. They have the small Petrino kid who has a little bit of athleticism but struggles to throw and then this QB that’s like 270 pounds but throws decent. My point is that I am not sure how competitive they’ll be with that situation. I think they are overlooking the talent level in the big sky.

dayday said:

I can't wait for next football season. It feels great to be back in the Big Sky. Petrino won't start at qb. He is a good kid, but isn't a FCS level qb. I think it will be Richardson. He's from the same town as Jimmy Farris.

Vandal03 said:
dayday said:

I can't wait for next football season. It feels great to be back in the Big Sky. Petrino won't start at qb. He is a good kid, but isn't a FCS level qb. I think it will be Richardson. He's from the same town as Jimmy Farris.

I am happy to have UI back, I think it will be great for FCS as well as the the BSC. Some great games with vandals before they left. Think Vandals will be a handful for many opponents

I checked the list of kids Petrino recruited. Their dining room budget just tripled--those are some big kids with traditionally low center of balance...

Latest posts

Back