• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vika Fa’atuiese - Article

AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
PlayerRep said:
G-BEARS said:
There's a quote somewhere from Strahm saying Vika will be the best middle line backer the griz have had since Coyle. We've been loaded at MLB for the last decade, Strahm being on the bottom end of that list.

Where's the quote?

Somewhere. ;)

Yeah. Thought G-BEARS made that pretty clear in his post.

If there IS a quote somewhere, then perhaps the quote could be found. Otherwise, I am not going to rely on that post. I like to see the support/backup. Either someone can find it, or I will look for it. On the other hand, and for example, when a poster makes an excuse for the Griz/Stitt that Delaney left the cupboard bare for o-lineman (and that's why the team has struggled at times), and it turns out that now (3 season later), the Griz are starting 4 o-lineman recruited before Stitt arrived, it makes wonder whether the cupboard was in fact bare. 3 seasons seems like a long time to not to have recruited a drop down, JC transfer or frosh who was capable of beating out a bunch of "lousy" players left over from the Delaney era. Or, more likely, the holdover players are actually pretty good players.

"Senior Connor Strahm, who Fa'atuiese played in place of, said before the Spring Game that he expects the sophomore to be the best Griz "Mike" since Brock Coyle." That wasn't very hard. Why are some posters so lazy.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
PlayerRep said:
Where's the quote?

Somewhere. ;)

If there IS a quote somewhere, then perhaps the quote could be found. Otherwise, I am not going to rely on that post. I like to see the support/backup. Either someone can find it, or I will look for it. On the other hand, and for example, when a poster makes an excuse for the Griz/Stitt that Delaney left the cupboard bare for o-lineman (and that's why the team has struggled at times), and it turns out that now (3 season later), the Griz are starting 4 o-lineman recruited before Stitt arrived, it makes wonder whether the cupboard was in fact bare. 3 seasons seems like a long time to not to have recruited a drop down, JC transfer or frosh who was capable of beating out a bunch of "lousy" players left over from the Delaney era. Or, more likely, the holdover players are actually pretty good players.

"Senior Connor Strahm, who Fa'atuiese played in place of, said before the Spring Game that he expects the sophomore to be the best Griz "Mike" since Brock Coyle." That wasn't very hard. Why are some posters so lazy.
I'm guessing that most posters just don't care that you prefer to see backup.

Kinda your problem, not everyone else's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
Somewhere. ;)

Haha, yeah just saw these posts. Haven't had a chance to look for the article, not going to look for it, no idea where it is. Privelaged snowflake...

brewskis said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
get'em_griz said:
Somewhere. ;)

That's why I don't rely on what many posters say or post. I know they don't have backup and haven't done their homework. I think it's odd that posters and people don't want backup/support. No wonder most of them don't get very far in life, or say such dumb things on griz football. I was raised and taught to strive to be accurate and excellent. And to work hard. That was almost always the goal. School, sports, work, life. Even on message boards, although the standard is much lower. That's why many viewers on egriz say that they like my stuff because they can rely on it. For example, I said last spring, summer and this fall that Phillips would be the starter. I said the o-line was improving and that seniors looked like they would be starters. I said the team had a better chance of being good, than many thought. I said Strahm would have a game suspension of more than one and less than 3. More than my opinion was behind these things. I did some homework. Sometimes I merely hint, but many know that there is often backup for my hints.

Brew, I don't rely on what you post, and I doubt that many people do.

PlayerRep said:
I said the o-line was improving and that seniors looked like they would be starters.

Could the difference be Germer? Perhaps he was able to increase strength and the O-Line coach actually able to coach up these kids?

The backup to this statement rather he said it or not is how he performs on the field. Proof is in the pudding so to speak... I hope he is the best MLB we have had in a long time because he is young and will only get better...

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
I said the o-line was improving and that seniors looked like they would be starters.

Could the difference be Germer? Perhaps he was able to increase strength and the O-Line coach actually able to coach up these kids?

Germer is apparently a very good coach. Assume he has helped the o line each year. Nicholson is said to be good too. Don't know what type of mobility and weight Stitt and Gerber wanted in first 2 seasons, given the fast paced offense, but they wanted them to put on weight for this season. And they did.

G-BEARS said:
brewskis said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Haha, yeah just saw these posts. Haven't had a chance to look for the article, not going to look for it, no idea where it is. Privelaged snowflake...

:lol: :lol: :clap:
Nice work men!

PlayerRep said:
brewskis said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

That's why I don't rely on what many posters say or post. I know they don't have backup and haven't done their homework. I think it's odd that posters and people don't want backup/support. No wonder most of them don't get very far in life, or say such dumb things on griz football. I was raised and taught to strive to be accurate and excellent. And to work hard. That was almost always the goal. School, sports, work, life. Even on message boards, although the standard is much lower. That's why many viewers on egriz say that they like my stuff because they can rely on it. For example, I said last spring, summer and this fall that Phillips would be the starter. I said the o-line was improving and that seniors looked like they would be starters. I said the team had a better chance of being good, than many thought. I said Strahm would have a game suspension of more than one and less than 3. More than my opinion was behind these things. I did some homework. Sometimes I merely hint, but many know that there is often backup for my hints.

Brew, I don't rely on what you post, and I doubt that many people do.
In what world does the reliability of information on a football message board actually mean something?

If validating every post on egriz is something you're truly invested in, then I'd go ahead and get used to continuing to do your research yourself.

Or maybe hire an assistant. I'd love to see that job description on indeed.com

PlayerRep said:
Germer is apparently a very good coach. Nicholson is said to be good too.

Can you please cite the posts on which these opinions/assumptions/assertions are based? Thank you.

AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Can you please cite the posts on which these opinions/assumptions/assertions are based? Thank you.

Pretty funny that he violates his own "rule" in almost the very next post he makes...

Gallatin Griz wrote: ↑Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:42 pm
I've said it before. He makes playing football look Fa'atuiese!)

Go Vika!

Go Griz!

Maul'em!

If there is a POTY category for most clever play on words this has to be right near the top

AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Pretty funny that he violates his own "rule" in almost the very next post he makes...

Hey, he was raised to think a lot of himself. Or at least that was my takeaway from that gibberish post.

EverettGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Hey, he was raised to think a lot of himself. Or at least that was my takeaway from that gibberish post.

You guys and your fucking facts.

AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

1. Re: 2017 Starting QB
Post by PlayerRep » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:55 am
Phillips.

2. Re: Tell Me This
Post by PlayerRep » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:54 pm
BubbleScreenBob1 wrote:I want to see Jensen run this team. They guy is 6'2 215lbs and has played in a system just like Stitts when he was in HS.
My prediction is that Phillips will be the QB next year.
3. Re: Who's your pick for QB?
Post by PlayerRep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm
I am going with Phillips. Has a great arm, in terms of throwing the ball. Seems fairly or even very accurate. Strong arm. Can throw to the sideline and down field. Head and knowledge of the offense. Don't know. Guessing he might have been more of a factor last year had he been good and up to speed in those areas. Older. More likely not to be intimidated at UW. All 3 of the qb's seems at least fairly mobile to me.
4. July 5, 2017
Despite the picks in the last scrimmage, I think Phillips is the guy will start and who needs to develop into a strong qb. He has a great arm. He is mobile.

5. April 6. 2017
Phillips seems to have the strongest arm.

6. March 30, 2017
Phillips is the best at throwing the ball into a bucket, actually a net, 35 or 40 yards, uncontested.

7. Re: Bob Stitt pre-spring camp press conference
Post by PlayerRep » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:34 am
If the o-line may be 4 seniors and presumably Sprunk, what happened to all the hotshot young o-lineman who are touted frequently on this board? Is there really going to be great improvement?

8. April 6, 2017
My guess is that this is now Stitt's team, and the changes and transition, including all the departures and transfers, has now pretty much worked its way through, and hopefully there will be less disruptions. Stitt seems to be spending considerable time on the non-football stuff, like motivation and fighting through adversity, in line with what he has indicated in the press. Hard to tell with such limited data, but things feel good.

9. 7/17 -Said positive things about the progress of the o-line, and possibly starting 4 seniors there.

10. 7/17 - I have never felt the o-line was as bad as some of you, but it would be nice for the o-line to advance several notches.

11. 4/30/17 I suppose you are going to tell PlayerDad that he doesn't know what he's talking about with the o-line. Ha.

12. 3/17 - While the o-line was certainly not like the days of Quinn, Russum, Horn, Dow, Dyk, etc, it was in the ballpark last year and provided decent protection.

13. Sources: Stitt, assistant coaches, players, parents. Ha.

Got to meet my wife for dinner. With Payton combining all the Stitt threads into one, it’s harder to find some of the Stitt-related stuff.

AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Don't think there is anyone on egriz who provides more backup/support for posts that need that (except, of course, sources like coaches and certain others can't be named).

Take a look at my recent post on the number of times I said Phillips would be the starter, and get back to us. Note that my posts started in 2016.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Don't think there is anyone on egriz who provides more backup/support for posts that need that (except, of course, sources like coaches and certain others can't be named).

Take a look at my recent post on the number of times I said Phillips would be the starter, and get back to us. Note that my posts started in 2016.

I think you've lost your mind.

G-BEARS said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:

I think you've lost your mind.
He takes the cake in that category. You can't deny that. Which is okay......I wouldn't want it.....

PR, you've pointed out when you're right. A well stated lawyer's argument. Now point out out when you've been wrong! Do you have any of those posts? I agree with you 78% of the time, btw!

Back