• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vika to Fullback

I’ve always liked Cochran. Plays hard on special teams and made a few key big hits. Glad he’s getting his shot.

Matthews is another one that I’m expecting to make noise. Sounds like he had a terrific fall on the scout team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan said:
WaGriz4life said:
AZGrizFan said:
garizzalies said:
Here’s a stab in the dark at who may be in these positions. Total guess, not a depth chart. I must be missing something or someone as this doesn’t make sense to me.

MLB
Lewis (probably OLB)
Olson (same)
Mathews
Key
Smith
Welnel
Harris
Cochran

FB
Eastwood
La Texier
Vika
Turner

After looking at the roster, this is a head scratcher for me. Obviously, none of those LBs have Vika’s experience, except maybe Cochran. So who’s it gonna be?!? I’m hard-pressed to find one in that list better than Vika at mlb unless a scheme change explains the transition

If the guy (Vika) was viewed as being slow on his reads and a liability in pass coverage, there must be several on that list better than him.
Lewis, Cochran, Key is my uneducated guess

I’m gonna bet Key.
Well, he does want to be a USAF fighter pilot.

grizeyes said:
griz5700 said:
I like it. He's athletic and has good hands.

I thought Vika could have started over Strahm last year -- doh.

This, and, I thought Vika looked faster than Strahm. Shows what I know!

i would respectfully disagree. strahm, albeit a knucklehead of alarming proportions, was a very, very good MLB. there was a significant drop off when he was out.

Back