• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Villanueva Family Hits Goal!!

Bump. I would challenge anyone who reads this to donate $10 to this cause. It's quick and painless. Griz nation should help its own! Thx folks!

HookedonGriz said:
Bump. I would challenge anyone who reads this to donate $10 to this cause. It's quick and painless. Griz nation should help its own! Thx folks!

I'll take that a step further. If our own lineman can donate to this cause (college kids who don't have a lot of $$) then we can chip in too! It's incredible to go to that site and see our own players chipping in. Makes me proud to be a Griz.

Thank you for keeping this on the radar, HookedonGriz.

It is so easy and painless to donate. I don't know this for a fact, but I believe it is just Angel's mom and his three younger brothers in the immediate family back home. The fire happened the night of the oldest's 15th birthday. I don't know how anyone who goes to the GoFundMe site could resist those faces. And $5 - $10 bucks would be so welcome.

Mr. Villanueva is going to be an awesome lineman for the Griz. He is also a terrific young man by all reports. Here is the text of his tweet to me:

Hello [MsMaroon ;) ], I just wanted to take the time to personally thank you for going out of your way to help my family out. It means more than you will ever know. Thank you, thank you. Words cannot describe my gratitude towards you. It is all very much appreciated. God bless.

It's Thanksgiving. Please help if you can and thanks to all who have donated so far.

HookedonGriz said:
Sorry, it took awhile to get the legitimate information from our compliance division, so I thought this deserved its own new thread.

As many of you know, our freshman OL Angel Villanueva's family experienced an apartment fire and lost basically everything. They established a Go a Fund Me page but many here were skeptical about donating or helping in fear of NCAA regulations (which is not a bad thing being with what our program has experienced in the past).

The good news is that the proper questions were asked of our compliance division for further research. It is okay for the general public to donate on our own accord, but the UofM nor the media can publicize it in any way. So we won't see any official UofM or Missoulian announcements on this but we can personally share and donate. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers and thank you for your consideration in helping them put the pieces back together.

https://www.gofundme.com/9ha5wwwc
Now that this thread has gone to two pages, I figured we'd better cc the link onto the second page to make it easier to get to. Have now topped $5 thou ... keep it up, eGriz! :thumb:

Hello Grizz family. I wanted to come on here to send everyone my complete gratitude for helping my family. We have received many donations from our Grizzly family. I am forever indebted to everyone. My son Angel made an excellent choice when he decided to go to UM. I am so happy and my heart just melts at the love and generosity that you all have shown to our family. We did almost reach our goal and it's absolutely 1000% more than I ever expected. I feel very honored and proud to be a part of the Griz Nation. My family is in good spirits and very hopeful that this situation is only a stepping stone for a better future. God bless you all!! Nydia Villanueva

Thanks for the update Nydia! Griz Nation is happy to help out. I'm hoping for a final push to get you to goal! You are all in our thoughts amd prayers!!

HookedonGriz said:
Thanks for the update Nydia! Griz Nation is happy to help out. I'm hoping for a final push to get you to goal! You are all in our thoughts amd prayers!!

:thumb:

Quick Update!! Thanks to the generous support of friends, family, Griz Nation, and a generous, final anonymous Griz Nation donation, the Villanueva Family has hit their Go Fund Me Goal!! Happy for them and happy to be part of Griz Nation. Thanks to all who donated or kept this family in your thoughts and prayers!!

Hookedongriz, idagriz01, msmaroon and the rest of you, you guys rock. This was outstanding. Thank you for making Griz family look good. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Hookedongriz, idagriz01, msmaroon and the rest of you, you guys rock. This was outstanding. Thank you for making Griz family look good. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Griz Nation rocks! Everyone should be proud. Thanks for the kind words!

HookedonGriz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Griz Nation rocks! Everyone should be proud. Thanks for the kind words!
:thumb:

Back