• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2018 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

obiwan said:
VimSince03 said:
obiwan said:
HowardRoss280 said:
You have to fill certain positions so it might not exactly be the best 34 kids from the state, but damn close. But with kids playing both ways, you can get even closer.

Good point. I wonder what the criteria ultimately is. A lot (if not most) of c through a all staters that will be elected play both ways and many have been all state on both sides of the ball--obviously more rare in aa. I'm wondering how much of the selection criteria is based on pure football athleticism versus mastery of a particular position. Fun to consider and speculate either way. Tons of skilled and talented kids playing in very different settings and situations in my, so it's always interesting to see how it all boils down.

The head coach for the Montana team chooses the roster for the Badlands Bowl. Different from the Shrine Game where there is a committee.
More news. Head coach: tony Armstrong, Helena. assistants:Scott Evans, Helena; Ryan Buckley, Glendive;Bryce Carver, Hamilton; Mike Wheat, Shelby; Mike Cutier, Clark Fork. Anyone have any predictions/ revisions to theoretical roster based on that info? Regardless of coaches im sticking to super state plus first and second team USA Today Montana all USA first and second team seniors plus a few.

HowardRoss280 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/blake32allred/status/957045989709246465[/tweet]

Great get for the Cats. Not many in state finds left, but love to see some two way stars get a shot. Wonder if the Cats or Griz are looking at likes of Nash, Conner or Chouinard (top recruits left on vims list.

obiwan said:
obiwan said:
VimSince03 said:
obiwan said:
Good point. I wonder what the criteria ultimately is. A lot (if not most) of c through a all staters that will be elected play both ways and many have been all state on both sides of the ball--obviously more rare in aa. I'm wondering how much of the selection criteria is based on pure football athleticism versus mastery of a particular position. Fun to consider and speculate either way. Tons of skilled and talented kids playing in very different settings and situations in my, so it's always interesting to see how it all boils down.

The head coach for the Montana team chooses the roster for the Badlands Bowl. Different from the Shrine Game where there is a committee.
More news. Head coach: tony Armstrong, Helena. assistants:Scott Evans, Helena; Ryan Buckley, Glendive;Bryce Carver, Hamilton; Mike Wheat, Shelby; Mike Cutier, Clark Fork. Anyone have any predictions/ revisions to theoretical roster based on that info? Regardless of coaches im sticking to super state plus first and second team USA Today Montana all USA first and second team seniors plus a few.

Ahhh it is Tony ARNTSON , Mike CUTLER And Mike WHITE.

HowardRoss280 said:
GrizLogger said:
HowardRoss280 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/sethschneider34/status/956967846432550913[/tweet]

First FCS team to offer Seth as far as I can see. Assuming he commits to Idaho if UM or MSU doesn’t offer. Seth is the type of player who you don’t want going to a school who you will be playing every year.

I've heard mention about his "antics". You dont think Bobby could keep him in check? Kid looks good in his highlight tape. Potential with discipline doesnt trump the other issues?

Like you said, I'd rather not see him on an opponents sideline.

You are exactly right, I too have heard that teams are veering away from him because of his on-field antics.
This is just speculation on my part, but I don’t think it’s necessarily wether Bobby could handle him or not, it’s the fact that’s they don’t think it’s worth it. I’m sure he would be disciplined and put on the straight and narrow at UM, the coaching staff just doesn’t want to.
If it means anything, I’m very high on Seth, I think he has the tools to be a very good football player at the FCS level.

http://www.kulr8.com/story/36594706/senior-standout-capital-rblb-seth-schneider

Ursus1 said:
obiwan said:
obiwan said:
VimSince03 said:

Ahhh it is Tony ARNTSON , Mike CUTLER And Mike WHITE.
Darn auto spell check and fat fingers are messing with my communication skills.

HowardRoss280 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/sethschneider34/status/956967846432550913[/tweet]

First FCS team to offer Seth as far as I can see. Assuming he commits to Idaho if UM or MSU doesn’t offer. Seth is the type of player who you don’t want going to a school who you will be playing every year.

I looked into the recruitment of Seth over the weekend, and got in touch with some friends who knew a little bit more of the situation than I did. It does seem that Seth’s only FCS offer is from Idaho. It also looks like he is a Griz fan. I’m guessing he is waiting as long as he can for any kind of offer from UM. It will be interesting to see if he gets one with signing day quickly approaching. If UM doesn’t offer, it looks like he has offers from NAIA schools, I’m guessing Carroll, Western, and probably Tech. And then his Idaho PWO. I’m curious to see if he gets any offer from UM.

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
Vim - what is story with Sunburst kid and some more activity on his recruiting?

Bobcats offered a partial (I think) and he accepted it last week. Now Bobby & Co. are recruiting him. He's 6'5"-6'6" and around 215-225 lbs. already. In comparison to fellow Montana TE recruit Colten Curry, Treyton Pickering is more physical while Colten is faster and taller.

VimSince03 said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:

Bobcats offered a partial (I think) and he accepted it last week. Now Bobby & Co. are recruiting him. He's 6'5"-6'6" and around 215-225 lbs. already. In comparison to fellow Montana TE recruit Colten Curry, Treyton Pickering is more physical while Colten is faster and taller.

I had heard he was getting attention from UM after MSU offered. Any idea on the odds of him switching? I have no links to Sunburst or surrounding areas so I’m in the dark with this one

HowardRoss280 said:
VimSince03 said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:

I had heard he was getting attention from UM after MSU offered. Any idea on the odds of him switching? I have no links to Sunburst or surrounding areas so I’m in the dark with this one

He wants to be an Engineer. Good luck to Bobby.

garizzalies said:
Well MT Tech should be his choice.

:lol: :clap: I like what you did there. Any engineering student should make the RIGHT choice and select the Proper engineering school!

More Butte High news: center Carter Pribnow commits to UM Western. Carter is the son of former MSU longsnapper and long time Philidelphia Eagle lineman Kerry Pribnow.

VimSince03 said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:

I've had my ear to the ground on this too. What I gather from Class C folks who seem to be somewhat in the "know", Stitt was not interested in Treyton so he wasn't recruited heavily (if at all) from UM. Treyton did not attend the UM camp so maybe that hurt him in the early process with Stitt and company. Sounds like Bobby found out about him and really wants him due to lack of TE's on the roster. Vim is dead on with his comparison of Curry and Pickering. Both of them are studs, just two different types of athletes. I was puzzled why MSU or UM did not have an offer out to him prior to the early signing period. It is almost like somebody thought it was too good to be true that two 6-man players from the same conference could possibly be good enough to play at the next level. It sounds like the Griz are probably not going to get him, which is too bad. A class with Morris, Curry, and Pickering all at TE could potentially pay huge dividends for the Griz offense in a few years.

BTW when I watched Valier vs Sunburst football I was amazed at the size of Pickering's legs. His calves look like they have hams attached to them. Huge! Which is part of the reason why I kept thinking the dude will end up an offensive lineman. I am certain that no matter where he ends up or lines up he will be a force. I am just happy that he is getting a chance to play FCS instead of NAIA, he certainly deserves it.

Small town boys getting a chance!

Buttegrizzle said:
I believe Butte High’s Corbin Walker has signed with Carroll. Haven’t seen official notice.

He chose Carroll over Tech and Western, because of where Carroll wanted to play him.

http://buttesports.com/butte-highs-corbin-walker-signs-carroll-football/

Back