• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vim's 2019 Montana High School Football Recruiting List

Chrishon Dixon is a legit D-1 corner and should be the highest priority in-state recruit.

Well, other than the 300lb Sophomore nose-tackle that Billings Central has. But that kid will probably end up at Oregon or Washington. Never seen a big kid with that athleticism in Montana since Dwan Edwards.

WaGriz4life said:
Chrishon Dixon is a legit D-1 corner and should be the highest priority in-state recruit.

Well, other than the 300lb Sophomore nose-tackle that Billings Central has. But that kid will probably end up at Oregon or Washington. Never seen a big kid with that athleticism in Montana since Dwan Edwards.

Great name too. Jaquawhann Booth was a Class A All-State DT as a freshman last fall. He is built differently than most 14-15 year olds.

WaGriz4life said:

If you are talking under classman, you have to consider qb Carson Rostad from Hamilton. I am big on BC and Dxon, but the couple of Hamilton games I listened to last year he was a stud. He along with a couple of their other studs, played both ways. Anyway, he had a lot of help on offense, but really threw the ball a ton and was composed in the games I listened to. 6'2" and growing I think. Not sure what he has coming back to help this year but he will be fun to follow the next couple years.

obiwan said:
WaGriz4life said:

If you are talking under classman, you have to consider qb Carson Rostad from Hamilton. I am big on BC and Dxon, but the couple of Hamilton games I listened to last year he was a stud. He along with a couple of their other studs, played both ways. Anyway, he had a lot of help on offense, but really threw the ball a ton and was composed in the games I listened to. 6'2" and growing I think. Not sure what he has coming back to help this year but he will be fun to follow the next couple years.

Carson will a Top 10 prospect in the 2020 class. He has two solid receivers (Camron Rothie and Tyler Barnes) returning this year. He will lose some studs on the offensive line but Bryce Carver has completely revitalized the program. Hamilton will be competitive for the foreseeable future. Carson is a very good football player and a legit QB to watch going forward.

VimSince03 said:
obiwan said:
WaGriz4life said:

Carson will a Top 10 prospect in the 2020 class. He has two solid receivers (Camron Rothie and Tyler Barnes) returning this year. He will lose some studs on the offensive line but Bryce Carver has completely revitalized the program. Hamilton will be competitive for the foreseeable future. Carson is a very good football player and a legit QB to watch going forward.

Carson, for me, might be the #1 prospect in the 2020 class as of right now. With his size and athletic ability, plus arm strength and accuracy, he is definitely a legit QB prospect

HowardRoss280 said:
VimSince03 said:
obiwan said:
WaGriz4life said:

Carson, for me, might be the #1 prospect in the 2020 class as of right now. With his size and athletic ability, plus arm strength and accuracy, he is definitely a legit QB prospect

DeMarcus Carr, the RB out of Billings West, will be right up there as well in the class of 2020. Butte QB Tommy Mellot has a shot if he can have a good junior season this fall. DL Aaron Richards out of Butte Central will also make some noise the next two years.

VimSince03 said:
obiwan said:
WaGriz4life said:

[/quote
I've read some great media on Carver and have a lot of respect for the Dillon program he grew up in. I wonder if he is in Hamilton for the long haul. He seems to really be a rising star in the coaching arena. I know he has Dillon roots and the head football coach just retired there...Of course his dad has been a long time assistant in Dillon, so maybe he will be taking over the Beavers. Great father-son in conference rivalry if so. Anyway, what a great situation for the Hamilton kids and particularly Rostad and his receiving corps. There are some great coaches out there, but few that have been a state champion quarterback AND a big sky conference receiver...I think its a situation where the coach really make his players' stock go up.

VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Great name too. Jaquawhann Booth was a Class A All-State DT as a freshman last fall. He is built differently than most 14-15 year olds.

Gotta be related to Pernell Booth, former Billings West defensive tackle right? He went to Oregon State. I remember game planning to play them in high school and Big Sky coach Gary Ekegren would draw their alignments on the board but would draw Pernell as a square half the size of the white board :lol: Massive, massive man.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
VimSince03 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Gotta be related to Pernell Booth, former Billings West defensive tackle right? He went to Oregon State. I remember game planning to play them in high school and Big Sky coach Gary Ekegren would draw their alignments on the board but would draw Pernell as a square half the size of the white board :lol: Massive, massive man.
Yes, he is Pernell's nephew. I had to bat against him in little league. He probably weighed over 200 when he was 12. Most terrifying experience of my life

VimSince03 said:
Mtfootball173 said:
I meant through the top 50 2019 athletes

I can. Stay tuned tomorrow.

I could as well. I don’t know about Vim, but if my top 50 might be rough just because of how early and how little film there is. But I could sure give you 50 kids who looked impressive

HowardRoss280 said:
VimSince03 said:
Mtfootball173 said:
I meant through the top 50 2019 athletes

I can. Stay tuned tomorrow.

I could as well. I don’t know about Vim, but if my top 50 might be rough just because of how early and how little film there is. But I could sure give you 50 kids who looked impressive

Lets give the people what they want Howard! They want names!

Back