• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wagenman draft predictions.

Wags is a beast, he will do well in the NFL, i'd say 5th or 6th round.

Credit to the Griz, you guys keep putting some talent into the NFL, especially on the Defensive side of the ball, damn....

BWahlberg said:
Late 7th or an early UFDA signing much like Coyle's projection and path is my guess. Scouts are more critical of small school players and while it's probably not fair that bench press number probably knocks him off a few boards.

Wags and Marc are going to be haunting your dreams next year.....

noooo

noooo

Da Bears :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5th... Or late 4th...

4 out of 7 drills top performer

Bench doesn't really matter that much... As a D-Line coach, do you want a fast DE that can get a sack or a DE that is a little stronger running into a T that won't move???

I remember my sack for a safety as a pass rushing DE... The T and G both tried to stop me, but it was meant to be... Sure, I was only benching the bar 10 times, maybe with a ten on the sides and the collar to look cool, but I was determined... Also, I didn't want the ten to fall off either side

As I hit the QB, I realized that twisting his shoulder pads and hanging on wasn't going to be enough, so just when I tried to hit the ball for a FF, he took a knee... I tell that story to my family, the Bundy's almost every 3 days... :thumb:

I would LOVE to see him drafted. More than that, I would LOVE to seen him playing every Sunday in the NFL, no matter how he gets there.

Cuervohola said:
5th... Or late 4th...

4 out of 7 drills top performer

Bench doesn't really matter that much... As a D-Line coach, do you want a fast DE that can get a sack or a DE that is a little stronger running into a T that won't move???

I remember my sack for a safety as a pass rushing DE... The T and G both tried to stop me, but it was meant to be... Sure, I was only benching the bar 10 times, maybe with a ten on the sides and the collar to look cool, but I was determined... Also, I didn't want the ten to fall off either side

As I hit the QB, I realized that twisting his shoulder pads and hanging on wasn't going to be enough, so just when I tried to hit the ball for a FF, he took a knee... I tell that story to my family, the Bundy's almost every 3 days... :thumb:

:lol: As I read this story, I can't help but hear Bruce Springstein's "Glory Days" running through my head....

Sorry if this is already posted.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/5-Defensive-Standouts-from-the-2015-NFL-Scouting-Combine/5ad20846-65a1-4b7e-aaa9-a62bca9720eb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1976griz said:
Sorry if this is already posted.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/5-Defensive-Standouts-from-the-2015-NFL-Scouting-Combine/5ad20846-65a1-4b7e-aaa9-a62bca9720eb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:

Perspective is a beautiful thing. We're all convinced his Bench dropped him from the draft, and there's someone saying he's one of the FIVE defensive standouts from the combine.... :geek:

I don't think the combine hurt his stock much. He has had a good off season. He performed well in the all-star game and in the practices. He has shown that he has very good athleticism and did well in the drills. I thought he was a 6th or 7th round guy before the combine. I think that a team will still pull the trigger on him in the late rounds. I don't see him going undrafted just because he had low reps on the bench press. I could also see him improving his bench press reps at the pro day. A lot of that is technique as much as it is brute strength and he'll have some time to improve that a bit. Maybe get 20 reps. Think he got 17 up at the combine, but they disqualified 3 of them.

Too bad ZW's not a Canuck. The CFL requires 19 members of the 40 man rosters to be native homeboys. He'd be a lock.

I'm excited for Zach. What a great opportunity that lays ahead of him! Wow.

He did amazingly well in most of the drills at the combine, being "a leader" in many events.

His pass rushing ability was highlighted when he tied for best time in the 3-Cone drill. The 3-cone drill is mainly what the NFL is looking for in pass rusher. So that bodes extremely well for Zach.

The elephant in the room however is his last place finish in the upper-body explosive bench press drill, where he finished dead last. Zach is thin in the upper-body, has a swimmers build (upper-body), and it showed. As NFL draft analyst Mike Mayok said at the combine, "14 reps is not good for a big man".

To me, those two drills indicate his strength, as well have known, is his speed pass rush (not bull) . And his weakness in the NFL will be standing his ground and stopping the run. :twocents:

Back