• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wait, What? Weird list.

Eriul said:
You can hate him all you want. But Stitt has a good mind for offense. Sure he struggled getting us into the endzone at times but this year we were 7th in the FCS in total offense. 2nd in the Big Sky behind EWU.

I mean everyone can hate all they want but the guy averages almost 40 points a game here. It isn't the recipe for winning but you can't deny the fact that he has a good offense.

Don't know if you were talking to me with this or not, but just for the record, I DON'T hate the guy at all. I have no doubt he has given it and us his best so far. It is just that IMHO, he is not a quality Div. 1 football coach. Again, IMO, there is more to a quality Div. 1 football coach than being able to score 40 points a game. Color me silly, but that doesn't impress me all that much if it takes 50 points a game to be a winner. I feel the Griz could do a lot better.

Bob will not get that job or any other job for that matter. At least not now. He is really an unknown commodity at this point. Less than stellar performance at Mines and hit and miss at UM. Besides I thought his deal is he wants to be head coach and O coordinator and UM granted that. We have Stitt at least another year. Best get to work coach.

Ok. Bob takes the Stitt train down to the Bayou and Charlie Strong takes a NxNW route up to the Zoo. Ready, BREAK!

stilwtrgrizz said:
Eriul said:
You can hate him all you want. But Stitt has a good mind for offense. Sure he struggled getting us into the endzone at times but this year we were 7th in the FCS in total offense. 2nd in the Big Sky behind EWU.

I mean everyone can hate all they want but the guy averages almost 40 points a game here. It isn't the recipe for winning but you can't deny the fact that he has a good offense.

Don't know if you were talking to me with this or not, but just for the record, I DON'T hate the guy at all. I have no doubt he has given it and us his best so far. It is just that IMHO, he is not a quality Div. 1 football coach. Again, IMO, there is more to a quality Div. 1 football coach than being able to score 40 points a game. Color me silly, but that doesn't impress me all that much if it takes 50 points a game to be a winner. I feel the Griz could do a lot better.

Wasn't specifically referring to you. Was referring to all the shade going Stitt's way. Again you can argue semantics and shit all you want. AT THE END OF THE DAY... he produces a great offense. No if's ands or buts about that. He gets heralded for his offensive prowess and people on e-griz lose their minds. I'm not saying he's a good coach or good anything besides an offensive guy.

Eriul said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
Eriul said:

Wasn't specifically referring to you. Was referring to all the shade going Stitt's way. Again you can argue semantics and shit all you want. AT THE END OF THE DAY... he produces a great offense. No if's ands or buts about that. He gets heralded for his offensive prowess and people on e-griz lose their minds. I'm not saying he's a good coach or good anything besides an offensive guy.

Just curious but what is Stitt's average points per game against the teams the Griz didn't score 60 points against? A good offensive coach perhaps, but not a very consistent one, especially against solid defensive teams. Hope he finds a way to pad the stats (especially scoring) against teams with winning records as one poster pointed out almost half the Griz's touchdowns were in three games.

1Griz_Fan said:
Eriul said:
stilwtrgrizz said:
Eriul said:

Just curious but what is Stitt's average points per game against the teams the Griz didn't score 60 points against? A good offensive coach perhaps, but not a very consistent one, especially against solid defensive teams. Hope he finds a way to pad the stats (especially scoring) against teams with winning records as one poster pointed out almost half the Griz's touchdowns were in three games.

I mean you could do the simple algebra yourself...

Yah in some games he could have done better but let's see.. i'll take the 5 seconds to do the algebra

(41+20+41+43+34+16+25+17)/8

So in the games he DOESN'T put up 60 he is averaging 29.625 ppg... Also very good. That's miles and miles and miles above the Hauck days im sure.

Eriul said:
1Griz_Fan said:
Eriul said:
stilwtrgrizz said:

Yah in some games he could have done better but let's see.. i'll take the 5 seconds to do the algebra

So in the games he DOESN'T put up 60 he is averaging 29.625 ppg... Also very good. That's miles and miles and miles above the Hauck days im sure.

It was really a rhetorical question but thanks for showing us all that you're only here to talk down to any poster that doesn't say Stitt is an offensive genius. Did you watch the Griz when Hauck was coach? Ya Phenicie had his share of predictable offensive moments yet I bet he averaged in the thirties for most if not all his time as offensive coordinator. So that is far from miles and miles above the Hauck days. This offense isn't even miles and miles above Delaney's offenses as a whole.

I would like for Stitt to do well, just not sure it will happen unless some major changes take place. Have a good one jumping in to defend Stitt any time a poster doesn't agree he is producing great offenses. There were five out of eleven games they failed to score 30 points and three they couldn't even score more than 21 so any stats indicating the Griz had one of the top offensives in the nation are misleading. A team can dink and dunk all they want taking what the defense gives them but scoring points and winning games should matter more than piling up 600 yards of offense if that comes with only a couple scores. At least in the days when Hauck was here the team found ways to win if the offense or defense struggled. You may recall the Griz at one time considered special teams an important phase of the game but that is an entirely different topic.

1Griz_Fan said:
Eriul said:
1Griz_Fan said:
Eriul said:

It was really a rhetorical question but thanks for showing us all that you're only here to talk down to any poster that doesn't say Stitt is an offensive genius. Did you watch the Griz when Hauck was coach? Ya Phenicie had his share of predictable offensive moments yet I bet he averaged in the thirties for most if not all his time as offensive coordinator. So that is far from miles and miles above the Hauck days. This offense isn't even miles and miles above Delaney's offenses as a whole.

I would like for Stitt to do well, just not sure it will happen unless some major changes take place. Have a good one jumping in to defend Stitt any time a poster doesn't agree he is producing great offenses. There were five out of eleven games they failed to score 30 points and three they couldn't even score more than 21 so any stats indicating the Griz had one of the top offensives in the nation are misleading. A team can dink and dunk all they want taking what the defense gives them but scoring points and winning games should matter more than piling up 600 yards of offense if that comes with only a couple scores. At least in the days when Hauck was here the team found ways to win if the offense or defense struggled. You may recall the Griz at one time considered special teams an important phase of the game but that is an entirely different topic.

Not talking down. Thought it was a serious question...

I mean there really isn't a valid argument saying he isn't very good at producing offense. You can be as biased and make whatever excuse you want. He has produced points/yards at a high rate.

I can take apart almost every part of your argument with stats but you don't want to hear those. I have no interest in arguing with someone who thinks 30 ppg is a bad average let alone 40+

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/

I recommend you spend time here.

Eriul said:
1Griz_Fan said:
Eriul said:
1Griz_Fan said:

I mean there really isn't a valid argument saying he isn't very good at producing offense. You can be as biased and make whatever excuse you want. He has produced points/yards at a high rate.

I can take apart almost every part of your argument with stats but you don't want to hear those. I have no interest in arguing with someone who thinks 30 ppg is a bad average let alone 40+

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree then. Your argument about stats doesn't mean as much to me as it does to you when an argument can be made about all the three and outs, probably the most seen around here since the early 90's. Or how about when the offense needs a yard they move backwards. How about when the Griz needed three yards for a first down and they threw screen passes for minus 3 yards. Go for it on fourth down much and fail? Let's try that same run up the middle on first down it's gotta work sometime. Not sure if it was the playcalling or execution but something was off with this offense more than a few games this season and that to me falls on the offensive coordinator/head coach more than it does the players.

I mean any one of us can make a solid argument about how ineffective this offense was at times but you will only focus on the stats that don't reflect how this offense failed to produce yards/points when it mattered most. I'm not saying the offense sucked either, however, i would not be confident that they could get the yards/points needed in crunch time because they showed time and again that they could not. Ah well, like I said we will agree to disagree. And those stats you speak of on the link you provided do not matter to me as much as the record of the Griz and how instead of getting better as the season progressed the team regressed.

Eriul said:

Watching his offense was PAINFUL. I deny he has a good offense. Against UNI the offense could have punted on 1st down and had the same field position. How about the 3 and out to start the 2nd half against the cats. That was PAINFUL.

1Griz_Fan said:
Eriul said:
1Griz_Fan said:
Eriul said:

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree then. Your argument about stats doesn't mean as much to me as it does to you when an argument can be made about all the three and outs, probably the most seen around here since the early 90's. Or how about when the offense needs a yard they move backwards. How about when the Griz needed three yards for a first down and they threw screen passes for minus 3 yards. Go for it on fourth down much and fail? Let's try that same run up the middle on first down it's gotta work sometime. Not sure if it was the playcalling or execution but something was off with this offense more than a few games this season and that to me falls on the offensive coordinator/head coach more than it does the players.

I mean any one of us can make a solid argument about how ineffective this offense was at times but you will only focus on the stats that don't reflect how this offense failed to produce yards/points when it mattered most. I'm not saying the offense sucked either, however, i would not be confident that they could get the yards/points needed in crunch time because they showed time and again that they could not. Ah well, like I said we will agree to disagree. And those stats you speak of on the link you provided do not matter to me as much as the record of the Griz and how instead of getting better as the season progressed the team regressed.

They don't keep track of 3 and outs but it would be about the same as the Hauck days. The rest is all semantics for you to argue that he's not good when everything but your biased fandome says otherwise.

In football, the only stats that count are the ones on the scoreboard when the game ends. The rest is just media BS.

BillingsMafia said:
Eriul said:

Watching his offense was PAINFUL. I deny he has a good offense. Against UNI the offense could have punted on 1st down and had the same field position. How about the 3 and out to start the 2nd half against the cats. That was PAINFUL.

Define good offense then in your mind. Montana put up top 10 fcs in virtually every offensive category. Expectations are so high and everyone reminisces about the good ole days but even the beloved hauck or Glenn had 3 and outs and bad drives.

Eriul said:
BillingsMafia said:
Eriul said:

Define good offense then in your mind. Montana put up top 10 fcs in virtually every offensive category. Expectations are so high and everyone reminisces about the good ole days but even the beloved hauck or Glenn had 3 and outs and bad drives.
But they didn't finish 3-5 in the Big Sky....

'68griz said:
Eriul said:
BillingsMafia said:
Eriul said:

But they didn't finish 3-5 in the Big Sky....

And my first post said something along the lines of it's not necessarily a recipe for winning but if you can't admit that stitt has a great offense then you are a bitter biased fan. The argument is about his offense.

And my first post said something along the lines of it's not necessarily a recipe for winning but if you can't admit that stitt has a great offense then you are a bitter biased fan. The argument is about his offense.

I'm not sure that pointing out that the team scoring 16 against EWU, 25 against N. Colorado and 17 against the Cats is not necessarily a prolific (in your terms great) offense means that I or others are bitter biased fans. It's kind of like 75 getting called a douche-bag for pointing out some incongruities between what some players may have said and the actual product we witnessed during the second half of the season. It would be nice if there could be differing opinions without the excess baggage.

Give Stitt his last year.....if he will produce, then extend.

I have serious doubts with his game plan approach but I guess we will see. I hope I am wrong.

Latest posts

Back