• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber Board

kemajic said:
wsucatfan said:
We always have basketball to cheer us back up... I think Coach Hill has the team on the upswing, our defense has been pretty good,
Did they miss the SUU game?

SUU had a punt returned for a TD, and 2 picks returned for TD's. Our offense turned the ball over six times putting the defense in tough short field situations all night long. However Olsen did pick our pass defense apart most of the second half.

wsucatfan said:
I think Coach Hill has the team on the upswing, our defense has been pretty good, however we (like many other teams) are a QB away from being a above average football team. Jadrian Clark as you will see on Saturday can't hit the broadside of the barn. He skipped a 10 yard pass off the turf 5 yards in front of a receiver Friday night. Overthrows, behind the receiver, he has a strong arm, but no touch. His best play of the year was he laid out a DB that intercepted one of this passes. :roll: He is good enough for Weber to beat crappier teams (Suck St. UNC) but that's about it.

My God! If one were to read just this post, with out mentioning specific names of players or teams, you have just described this years Griz football team. :lol:

MT Jack said:
AZGrizFan said:
Nothing like having a sense of humor on your way to the gallows...

God, it would suck to be a....EWU fan ....

Including EWU on your list? Really? That same team that's 5-1 vs UM the past 5 seasons? Certainly a healthy dose of suck-age going on there. :?

The smack to other team's fans is expected but the numbers don't lie..........EWU's owned the Griz the last 5 years.

I don't care what a team's record against us is...I would NEVER want to have to cheer for the Beagles...

We were feeling pretty good after winning two games in a row, until in-state rival SUU wiped their asses with our football team. That loss was completely on the offense, which has been dreadful all year long, thanks to a terrible QB, poor play calling, and dropped passes. And thanks to our coaches refusal to change anything, including the QB, there's no reason to think this week will be any different. Plus, you have that little thing of not winning in Missoula in almost 30 years. Griz fans can pencil this one in as a win.

SUU ran 85 plays and ended up with 357 yards, which is a decent 4.2 yards per play. But nothing to really write home about. SUU has a really good defense, and an above average offense. They are well coached. What I'm getting at is that Weber's defense wasn't the issue on Friday night. You can't really do anything if the offense is giving the ball away and giving up points to the opposing team. Hell our QB's were good for 24 SUU points. SUU only had two complete drives that led to points that didn't involve Weber's offense giving them a short field or showing them a clear path to their endzone. Add on a special teams TD you end up with two field goals and a TD that the SUU offense was able to produce without the help of their defense.

What does that say for Weber's chances in Missoula on Sat? Nothing...we are bringing the same damn QB's this week. As long as Clark is our QB, Weber is doomed to succeed.

Back