• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Week 1: Montana vs Valpo Game Thread

Who wins this game?

• Montana (0-0)

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Valparaiso (0-0)

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 46 78.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
AZ, for me, it was not exactly the score that raised flags. I still see big issues with the OL, the defense as a whole, and ST coverage. Personally, I think Valpo is only better than 1 team the Griz played last season.

Agreed there's things to clean up. There's always things to clean up. I think that Valpo team beats ISU, Sac St, UC-Davis & maybe even CP the way they're playing currently.
Well they couldn't beat Duquesne and gave up another 45.

They also put up 40 themselves...this was closer than you're suggesting.

Actually, we gave up two cheap TDs in Q1 and essentailly won the rest of the game. And Valpo was driving for the winning score with 1:05 left. Duquesne picked off a Seewald pass, but that was not without controversy. It appeared that the intended receiver was knocked down before the ball got there and the safety behind the play was in great position to snag what became essentially an "overthrown" ball.

We play @ Drake Saturday. They lost to SDSU as well -- by 41 points (51-10). It should be a good battle if our kid's heads are on straight. The O is clicking - scored 44 last week -- but our D is banged up especially across the DL and in the secondary, so we'll just have to out score 'em.

Good luck vs. Eastern Washington on Saturday. I am amazed that EMU went all the way to NYC to play Fordham (EMU beat them 56-21). Fordham does not appear to be the beef of the Patriot league - lost to Army 64-6 and bearly beat Central Connecticut (38-31), who is 0-3, from the NEC (same as Duquesne).

Latest posts

Back