• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What do you want to see in 2015?

Allezchat said:
The griz having a 40 point loss to the Cats.
To look into the probability of that, I looked all the way back and find that in 114 meetings, that has never happened. So with my strong beliefs in history, I think the probability of achieving that wish is pretty low.

kemajic said:
Allezchat said:
The griz having a 40 point loss to the Cats.
To look into the probability of that, I looked all the way back and find that in 114 meetings, that has never happened. So with my strong beliefs in history, I think the probability of achieving that wish is pretty low.

Bobcats #WishfulThinking

spsyk said:
Well, with all the hype and the accolades from the advocates of Coach Stitts, especially those that refuge here on Egiz, who probably have never heard of or saw a football game coached by Coach Stitts, before he was a consideration It appears that Griz Fan life is going to be outstanding..

Welcome to Missoula Coach Sttts, wishing you the best of luck and hoping for GREAT SUCCESS in your new endeavor at the University of Montana.

Athletes, no longer getting DUI’s having lively parties that have to be quelled by a taser used by Missoula’s finest, no more rapes, or accusations of rape, or players being accused of murder, bright and sunny days ahead, leaving the dark clouds behind.

Nothing to bitch and complain about, the coaching staff, or athletes not executing or playing to their ability, the only reason to return to Egriz is going to post flowering praise for Coach Stits.

Looking forward to undefeated seasons, Big Sky Championships, and longer than 16 game winning streak over Bozeman City College

Great time pre-game tailgating, and wondering if one should return for the second half, since the Griz are not going to lose anymore games.

Swagger will return for Griz Fans at home games and more so at away games.

Four National Championship in a row on the horizon before Coach Sttts is going to be lured away from the UM to either Nebraska first choice,or Notre Dame, that is if the Seattle Seahawks don’t grab him first.

Mr. Haslam and president Engstrom, have done an outstanding job in securing the best possible candidate available, that was considered for the job, and should not have to worry and will sleep better at night, knowing that athletes are either at the library or the weight room and not making bad decisions that will reflect on the UM and their jobs as AD and President

Go GRIZ,

and looking forward for Coach Stitts to bring about an outstanding future for well deserving athletes.

in 2015 i want to see one less "s" in the spelling of our new coach's name....you can pick which one. removing the back-end "s" makes it correct, but removing the front-end "s" makes it a LOT more fun to say.

GrizPony said:

ace_ventura.gif

A dynamic, exciting offense with a mean o-line, a healthy Henderson and Joey Counts dealing out some punishment to defenders. We graduated a few key guys but I really don't think we'll miss a beat on offense, especially with Stitt taking over. Good talent all over the place.

A continuing-to-improve defense - especially the secondary, linebackers will be outstanding as long as they stay healthy, and a steady, tough d-line. We'll miss some of the seniors on defense (especially the line) but overall, quality guys stepping up to replace them as well.

Improved special teams, coverage and returns. Need to figure out a good kick returner, even if Hendo is back we need another guy to help keep him healthy.

It's going to be a long winter. :|

I would opt for another safety as Whitted is damn good but it drops off after him..Unles one of the redshirts show up. Whitted played with a bad shoulder all season but should come back with the damage healed. We have some new and young guys that might just work very well at defensive end. Holmes will do well one more season but he will ne extra help from the other side like Crittenden.

With our new coach I am thinking/hoping a few free transfers might just walk into our program.

Umista said:
I would opt for another safety as Whitted is damn good but it drops off after him..Unles one of the redshirts show up. Whitted played with a bad shoulder all season but should come back with the damage healed. We have some new and young guys that might just work very well at defensive end. Holmes will do well one more season but he will ne extra help from the other side like Crittenden.

With our new coach I am thinking/hoping a few free transfers might just walk into our program.
Good point about the possible transfers.

As most of you know, I am not generally one to go overboard, particularly on the plus side. But it's hard not to have a (totally unreasonable, perhaps) bit of optimism about the Griz ... with a caveat. If Stitt finds the right QB among the current crop, this team could turn into a powerhouse -- sooner, rather than latter. Clearly, the QB for his system has to be (football) smart enough, and flexible enough, to "take what the defense gives them." That is clearly key to Stitt's offensive philosophy.

Otherwise, I believe the Griz already have enough talent on board (proven or recruited) to be pretty damn good. I like the fact that Stitt said that his approach was to adapt to the players who showed up for practice. He sounded like he really means ... and he would have to, to be successful with the narrow talent pool he had available at Mines.

Obviously, to play his up-tempo style (90 plays per game), you have to be in super shape. That requires hard, focused work on conditioning. And that should not be a problem with the kind of young men who come to UM -- after all "We are Montana!"

So the minimum I want in 2015 is ... enough wins to make the playoffs again, and then one or two after that. Still, it will be a new system, and a new starting QB. I won't devastated if the Griz fall short of what I <nobody> want.

1) Fans that stay out of the way of growing this program under Stitt's staff
2) Minimum of 10 regular season wins & advance to quarters final
3) The healthy returns of Schmaing & Henderson
4) Season Opening Win over NDSU on National TV
5) Conference championship win over EWU

Back