• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What if Griz make PAT's ?

Who cares...

With a little O-Line continuity, which WILL happen, this team should only lose one more game on the schedule.

Our D is ROCK solid.

Looking at EWOo's D the BigSky conference and a deep run is definitely within this teams grasps.

pussycatkillerz said:
Who cares...

With a little O-Line continuity, which WILL happen, this team should only lose one more game on the schedule.

Our D is ROCK solid.

Looking at EWOo's D the BigSky conference and a deep run is definitely within this teams grasps.

I agree that our D is very very solid. I was impressed as hell watching the game against Wyoming. I really hope you are right that our OLine will improve significantly over the next few games. If it's not a big improvement we are going to have a very rough time on offense even with a great QB like JJ back there.

If that happens I hope our coaches utilize the hurry up more often to keep the defense on the back of their heels and let JJ work his magic. Make up for the OLine experience a bit with a steady dose of JJ, Jones, Henderson, Van and the others in the short passing game without giving the D much chance to recover, like we did in the 1 very successful drive against Wyoming. That was a thing of beauty.

Also agree on EWU's D. They are going to have to outscore opponents...and unfortunately I don't see that being much of a problem for them. As much shit as I like to toss towards EWU (hopefully distracting them from the Meth for a while) their offense is flat out scary. They almost always have great QBs and WRs but the combination of Shooter/Kupp is on a whole 'nother level. After all is said and done, I hope Adams gets a legitimate shot in the NFL. He's been fun to watch in the EWU games I've watched.

Not saying EWU is going to be unbeatable in big sky play, but they are ranked where they are for a reason. A few Adams sandwiches between Wagenmann and Holmes might slow them down a bit though. Looking forward to that matchup :)

Buttegrizzle said:
get'em_griz said:
AlaskaGriz said:
They can't even make them in practice, I don't buy the snap was bad, this isn't middle school. Get the one the has the most talent and coach them. Sullavin is the best kicker and get him in the game ! Nico Graham was a kicker in high school and a good one at that.... Put him in. Those kids would not see the field if Bobby was still coaching for UM.

The reality is that the snap was bad. Bouncing on the ground bad. You can't successfully kick FG's if you have bad snaps...

Zactly. Kicker had no chance on that play. Also, when was the last time a Griz kicker put every kick off out the back of the end zone. Answer: never.

REALLY helps to be at 7220 feet...but nonetheless I believe there is strong kickoff material there.

pussycatkillerz said:
Who cares...

Our D is ROCK solid.

What game were you watching? Wyoming was not a very good team. Their QB looked just as bad as JJ did. We will get smoked by EWU this year.. There is no way we will be making a deep run, not with the coaches we have. Shit, we couldn't even beat a team from the beaches of SC in sub zero temps..

:lol:

griz4life said:
get'em_griz said:
AlaskaGriz said:
They can't even make them in practice, I don't buy the snap was bad, this isn't middle school. Get the one the has the most talent and coach them. Sullavin is the best kicker and get him in the game ! Nico Graham was a kicker in high school and a good one at that.... Put him in. Those kids would not see the field if Bobby was still coaching for UM.

The reality is that the snap was bad. Bouncing on the ground bad. You can't successfully kick FG's if you have bad snaps...

It was a terrible snap that skipped off the rug. Don't know what it looked like on TV, but that's what it was.

They didn't show it on TV until you saw the shanked kick. The announcers did say the ball "rolled" and it was a "bad hold too". The fact that Harrison even got a foot on the ball to attempt a kick is impressive.

After the Ralston TD though going for 2 made sense.

grizcountry420 said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Who cares...

Our D is ROCK solid.

What game were you watching? Wyoming was not a very good team. Their QB looked just as bad as JJ did. We will get smoked by EWU this year.. There is no way we will be making a deep run, not with the coaches we have. Shit, we couldn't even beat a team from the beaches of SC in sub zero temps..

:lol:
Ah...grizcountry---the eternal optimist. :(

grizfan95 said:
Special teams as a whole was awful. Nguyen as a returner is not his specialty, get him out of there. Shaw takes way too long to get his kicks off also. With the Cat game last year, he's had 2 blocked punts in the last 3 games.

Is there some reason Van isn't the return man? Am I crazy for thinking we'd be well-off to have a guy who can juke someone out of his jockstrap returning kicks?

Back