• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who will be the new asst. coach?

Grizbacker1 said:
info said:
AZDoc said:
AllWeatherFan said:
• Matt Stock
• Kevin Bromley
• Jonathan Metzger-Jones

So, which one is it?

Hilarious...I looked right away yesterday but didn't want to have anyone yell at me if I posted the names! :lol: :lol: :lol: My guess is Kevin Bromley.

A good guess because Bromley was an assistant at Southern Utah for several years under Bill Evans.

Wrong, try Jonathan Metzger-Jones :thumb:

He would've been my last guess because didn't he play at UCSB? I didn't look it up today before I posted but thought that's what I remember. Either way, good west coast get! Welcome coach!

Maybe Jonathan Metzger-Jones makes since because he has contacts in both Oakland (from their) and LA (former coach at CSF)? We can still recruit those areas with a coach that has those type connections.

You are an officer and a gentleman. And by officer I mean rear admiral.

Anyway, I could still take you in basketball, punk. :thumb:

Have I missed something on this or hasn't there been any announcement?

Based on this board I surmised that Jonathan Metzger-Jones was going to be the new assistant coach. It almost seems like there must be a problem that this has not been announced. Can any one enlighten me?

Thanks.

Griz1 said:
Have I missed something on this or hasn't there been any announcement?

Based on this board I surmised that Jonathan Metzger-Jones was going to be the new assistant coach. It almost seems like there must be a problem that this has not been announced. Can any one enlighten me?

Thanks.

I was told by a guy who covers UC Santa Barbara that it was Jonathan Metzger-Jones. And this guy talked to the head coach at UCSB. Tinkle offered Jonathan Metzger-Jones $17,000 more than he was making at UCSB plus with Missoula a much cheaper place to live it was almost like doubling his salary. There is also a rumor that that Tinkle found his fiancee a position at UM. His fiancee handled UCBS ticket sale dept.

Jonathan Metzger-Jones was the #2 assistant at UCSB after being promoted a while back from #3. He is from the Oakland area and played JC ball in California and has very strong connections in California especially the JC ranks. He is also very personable and tends to make strong connections to the younger guys.guy.

This is not a confirmation from The UM athletic department but it sounds solid to me. If I had to guess a lot of this has to do with recruiting as to the delay.

Latest posts

Back