• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why Has Egriz Attracted So Many Quitter Griz Fans?

mthoopsfan

“Fans” who have quit on the team so easily and quickly.

Cat fans must be getting a huge chuckle out of this. Even when the Griz were beating the Cats every year, I don’t remember Cat fans quitting on their team and coaches like this.

I have some theories, but will save them for later.

mthoopsfan said:

Cat fans must be getting a huge chuckle out of this. Even when the Griz were beating the Cats every year, I don’t remember Cat fans quitting on their team and coaches like this.

NAU was just the tipping point for a lot of people. People aren't complaining because of some new revelation. The poor product on the field has been an ongoing issue.

I think your personal friendship with BH is really clouding your judgement.

Regardless of what hoops wants people to think he doesn't have a personal friendship with Bobby. Bobby uses him for what he wants and that's the extent of the relationship. The minute Bobby is not the Griz HC the relationship with end unceremoniously. It's a running joke around the football office.

I work with several gris fans, they haven't quit on their team, but they are very disappointed in the current team and staff.

"Embarrassing" is a word they have used a lot lately to describe it.

I guarantee that my office mate will still wear that ugly maroon sh!t tomorrow though.

Oldschoolhornet said:
Regardless of what hoops wants people to think he doesn't have a personal friendship with Bobby. Bobby uses him for what he wants and that's the extent of the relationship. The minute Bobby is not the Griz HC the relationship with end unceremoniously. It's a running joke around the football office.

I knew Bobby 1, Bobby UNLV and Bobby 2. I know Bobby’s mom, Tim and Uncle Tom. My brother in law is one of Bobby’s best friends N and a big football supporter. I knew Bobby’s dad too. You are a liar.

The.Real.2506 said:
I work with several gris fans, they haven't quit on their team, but they are very disappointed in the current team and staff.

I guarantee that my office mate will still wear that ugly maroon poop tomorrow though.

Being concerned is not the same as being a quitter.

GrizRealist said:
mthoopsfan said:

NAU was just the tipping point for a lot of people. People aren't complaining because of some new revelation. The poor product on the field has been an ongoing issue.

People are quitting because they are bad fans and don’t understand football or sport, in my view. NAU was 1 game. Griz are 3-1. Cats were lucky to beat NAU last season.

mthoopsfan said:
The.Real.2506 said:

I guarantee that my office mate will still wear that ugly maroon poop tomorrow though.

Hoops,
Given the current level of play what overall regular season record do you predict?

I think the biggest issue is oline play. I don’t think this group is capable of carrying out the scheme Bobby wants, and I don’t see any adjustments being made…

If Bobby adapts this team has the talent to turn it around.
If not, could be a long season…

mthoopsfan said:
The.Real.2506 said:

Hoops,
Given the current level of play what overall regular season record do you predict?

I think the biggest issue is oline play. I don’t think this group is capable of carrying out the scheme Bobby wants, and I don’t see any adjustments being made…

If Bobby adapts this team has the talent to turn it around.
If not, could be a long season…

Most of these people are fair weather fans. Others, only followers. After a couple of wins, they will be bragging about the Griz again.

Spanky2 said:
Most of these people are fair weather fans. Others, only followers. After a couple of wins, they will be bragging about the Griz again.

The only wins i see for the rest of the year would be against: ISU, UNC, and PSU. Those wins would be far from bragging about the Griz.

only people I have talked to that are quitting cheering for the griz are the handful of egriz posters who have been complaining before the season even started. most of these seem to have a personal vendetta against Bobby. A few have complained so much that a few others have jumped on their coattails But most of the griz fans I know do not even know what egriz is and are not all doom and glum. A good barometer of how many fans quit will be how full the seats are on Saturday...bet they are pretty full.

mthoopsfan said:

Easily and quickly? You new around here? This slide has been going on for a while...NAU was just the straw...

Bigger question is this: How does ANYONE justify what they saw on Saturday as some kind of anomaly, given how this team has underperformed for the past 2+ seasons?

Spanky2 said:

I'll brag about the Griz if they beat ISU, PSU and UNC, and take 2/4 from UCD, Idaho, Sac and MSU.

THEN I'll eat crow. A great big helping.

When they finish out 3-4 or 2-5 and miss the playoffs, will you?

Don't take the bait folks. This thread is only meant to agitate started by the biggest troll in the house. If you stop going to a resturant until they clean it up and put out good food again that doesn't make you a quitter.

mthoopsfan said:
GrizRealist said:

People are quitting because they are bad fans and don’t understand football or sport, in my view. NAU was 1 game. Griz are 3-1. Cats were lucky to beat NAU last season.

..most fans that played the game have not gotten over how the Cats shredded us last season...
..to the wise fan and knowledgeable fans they see the chinks in the armor...Bobby promised RTD
and thought he could ride on past successes...talk is cheap!

....yes we will root for the team and players but this coaching staff cannot get the Griz
where they need to be ...(6) seasons and with the ending of last season the writing is on the wall..

...nowhere near the Bison's program let alone others...isn't that where Bobby said we be by now..
by his own words he should be let go!

Back