• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Wyoming Cowboys Scouting Report

Cover-2 is the base of what we run as well, at least there won't be any big surprises with their defensive scheme.

BWahlberg said:
Cover-2 is the base of what we run as well, at least there won't be any big surprises with their defensive scheme.

Lots of pass coverage responsibility for the middle linebacker in the Tampa 2 version. If the front four doesn't give you enough push up front, you can get burned down the middle. Also, the cornerbacks need to tackle well.

AllWeatherFan said:
BWahlberg said:

Lots of pass coverage responsibility for the middle linebacker in the Tampa 2 version. If the front four doesn't give you enough push up front, you can get burned down the middle. Also, the cornerbacks need to tackle well.

I wonder if that's why they're going co-starter at MLB using a guy that's better in pass coverage (Borgs) instead of the run-stopper in Stanton. While I haven't watched any of their games I wonder if Stanton was a liability in pass coverage.

BWahlberg said:
Keys to a Grizzly Victory
3. Quick passes, screens, hurry up. Go quick, use the skill this team has between JJ, the WRs, and our running backs. Don’t use too many long and drawn out plays or else that D-line and the linebackers will be all over JJ. Honestly I think some zone-read might work well in this game, hell… JJ’s our QB, see what happens if you roll it out a bit.
Oh how I wish that were true, but unfortunately, it looks like more booby-ball with "vertical" routes:
MickyD said:
“We’ve got running backs, especially Jordan (Canada) and Travon (Van), who can create a big play at the drop of a hat. We’ll keep pounding away and establish the run. You break one tackle and they’re off. Then obviously our vertical passing game has always been pretty good.”
Third-n-long, here we come.

More reading on Wyo's team can be found here. That's right! Mosey on over to the Montana Grizzlies News forum. oGriz has lots in there over the past few days.

Thanks Brint! I feel a little less ignorant now. I'm almost sure my yelling at the TV will help the Griz 0 percent. Nevertheless, it's better to be an informed non factor. Hoping for the upset so we can tease Mr. T. Griz 24-23. Mr T vs Hammer in the bar. Gotta go with Hammer.

Uhh.. and you're planning on Wyoming collecting a safety among its 19 points? Pray tell how does that story unfold?

Nice analysis, Brint! Yep, the O-line is gonna be interesting to see develop. I couldn't agree more on tackling! GAH! Drove me nuts to see all the arm-tackling and flinging their bodies against guys that went on for so many years. Last year, the D started wrapping guys up. That's how you bring a guy down it seems to me, not let him bounce off you and keep plowing ahead for more yards. And Van... Van... Why do I harbor secret fantasies that he's going to have a monster year for us? I hope... I hope, I hope!

GO GRIZ!

Back