• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2011 GRIZ GAMES TELEVISION?

griz71

Any e-grizzers have any credible information/scoop on the telecast of Montana football games this fall? Usual deal with KPAX, etc?

I can confirm through trusted sources that the camera will not likely follow the ball again this season.

The only hope of us ever getting good TV coverage is if someone blows up the KPAX studio and someone assassinates Bob Hermes. Its so frustrating how out administration acts like there are absolutely no other options for TV coverage and we should all be grateful that they are on TV at all.

jcu27 said:
=/ There needs to be something done about this. It's just not fair!
Well then, go out and buy a $160 thousand dollar HDTV production trailer, then go train 4 camera operators and a lead tech guy for the trailer (see Alpha) . Find a way to Compete for satelite bandwidth & Schedule times.

When you've done all that?

you'll find you only have one station in the Missoula area
you'd have to out bid to air any sporting event. :roll:

Bear Axed said:
jcu27 said:
Well then, go out and buy a $160 thousand dollar HDTV production trailer, then go train 4 camera operators and a lead tech guy for the trailer (see Alpha) . Find a way to Compete for satelite bandwidth & Schedule times.

Or you could just watch the Cats instead :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cats2506 said:
Bear Axed said:
jcu27 said:

Great we can all watch an insecure fan base whose expectations are measured by what big brother does or doesn't do, then embarrasses the entire state when they represent Montana on the national level in HD.

wisdomgriz said:
Cats2506 said:
Bear Axed said:
jcu27 said:

Great we can all watch an insecure fan base whose expectations are measured by what big brother does or doesn't do, then embarrasses the entire state when they represent Montana on the national level in HD.

:lol: :lol: :lol: So true, and I loved every second of it!!!!

2506...I watched the last cats game that was broadcast and was embarassed to say that team was from Montana. Any team that finally (stress finally) makes the playoffs better show up to play and not roll over onlt to get rolled over. The cats made a real ash of themselves!

Wa-griz-I don't normally post. I agree that not having HD coverage of my beloved Griz sucks. However, keep in mind. Bob is a great guy, tries his best, and I am sure if he could wave a magic wand, would come up with full professional HD coverage of the Griz, with some super hot female professional sportscaster doing the play by play. So, maybe we shouldn't talk about assasinating the guy, (I know you are joking). He was my football coach, taught my kid at camp this summer along with a bunch of Griz football players and does a lot for kids and football in general. All right I feel better now. So FTC's, and can't wait for the season to start.

I don't even care about the HD so much as Bob should find himself a camera crew that can follow the action on the field.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
2506...I watched the last cats game that was broadcast and was embarassed to say that team was from Montana. Any team that finally (stress finally) makes the playoffs better show up to play and not roll over onlt to get rolled over. The cats made a real ash of themselves!

Well then you shoulda watched a fizz game that day, Oh wait :eek:

yeah, um made a real name for themselves getting pounded by WSU last year too,

this thread... awww...

crybaby.jpg

Bear Axed said:
jcu27 said:

You really don't have a life do you? All I did was say something that was true. Something does need to be done and it's not fair. So what made you decide to come be a dumbass? See everytime I post something some retard always tries and come type some stupid shit. Anyways, if the cats can get their games in HD, why the hell can't the griz?

jcu27 said:
Bear Axed said:
jcu27 said:

You really don't have a life do you? All I did was say something that was true. Something does need to be done and it's not fair. So what made you decide to come be a dumbass? See everytime I post something some retard always tries and come type some stupid shit. Anyways, if the cats can get their games in HD, why the hell can't the griz?

Because griz fans are idiots, certain boosters funnel large amounts of cash through Hermes so that he will air the games, the bid is not based on real market prices (advertising revenue) so a real production company (one that would do HD) wont touch the bid since its a loss without the under the table cash that Hermes gets. Fizz fans are responsible for sh!tting in your own bed.

I've watched a couple bobcat games on TV. The broadcast didn't look too special. Montanans are lucky to get all their Griz games televised. Many FBS teams don't have that. The Vols fans are probably going to have to watch their season opener on pay per view. Can you imagine how much Griz fans would bitch if the W Oregon game was on pay per view?
I sympathize with out of state fans trying to get a sports bar to dial in the games on dish. But if you just have to turn on the tube, well boo f'n hoo.

doublebassbeater said:
Wa-griz-I don't normally post. I agree that not having HD coverage of my beloved Griz sucks. However, keep in mind. Bob is a great guy, tries his best, and I am sure if he could wave a magic wand, would come up with full professional HD coverage of the Griz, with some super hot female professional sportscaster doing the play by play. So, maybe we shouldn't talk about assasinating the guy, (I know you are joking). He was my football coach, taught my kid at camp this summer along with a bunch of Griz football players and does a lot for kids and football in general. All right I feel better now. So FTC's, and can't wait for the season to start.

Well if he contracts out to KECI, he's halfway there. :thumb:

griz4life said:
I've watched a couple bobcat games on TV. The broadcast didn't look too special. Montanans are lucky to get all their Griz games televised. Many FBS teams don't have that. The Vols fans are probably going to have to watch their season opener on pay per view. Can you imagine how much Griz fans would bitch if the W Oregon game was on pay per view?
I sympathize with out of state fans trying to get a sports bar to dial in the games on dish. But if you just have to turn on the tube, well boo f'n hoo.

I agree. There's nothing special about cat broadcasts, and -- no disrespect intended -- their analyst is drier than a rye crisp in the Sahara.

I really think that KPAX does well on home games. Grady is great as an analyst (Edwards is decent) and Berhkle is improving. It's on the road where they hire local "cameramen" to film the game (or whatever else the camera happens to point at at any given moment...) and Hermes acts as the analyst.

As 4life mentions, I'm just happy to see all 11 games broadcast, and hopefully improvements are coming soon.

Not sure if this is suppose to be general knowledge -- but this is the last year of the KPAX contract with the Griz.

There is a good chance they will be awarded a continued contract into the future, but there is one station that already has full HD capabilities that is very interested in that future contract as well. This would potentially have a negative effect for the red-headed step-children just down I-90 three and a half hours away.

This may force KPAX to upgrade... very expensive and might not be an option in one year.

Things are being decided on this right now - so today would be a great day to write a short and sweet letter to Jim O'day to voice your concern about HD coverage. :twocents:

Back