• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2011 GRIZ GAMES TELEVISION?

WILD_CAT said:
Yeah they were leading after 3 quarters against the NDSU that almost beat EW

Well, actually, you weren't; after three quarters NDSU was still ahead 14 - 10. You make it sound like MSU was taking it to NDSU the entire game till the third quarter ended, which isn't exactly true, now is it: NDSU scored first, MSU tied, NDSU scored again, MSU got a FG; playing catch-up. Six seconds into the fourth quarter MSU got ahead 17 - 14 (at the 14:54 mark) and that lasted for a sum total of 1 minute and 32 seconds out of a sixty minute game that MSU was ahead in the game TOTAL (a TOTAL of 18 minutes and 27 seconds wherein MSU was either tied or ahead); then it was all down hill from there (NDSU scored to go ahead for good at 21 - 17 at the 13:22 mark) < http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303380147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NDSU rushing yards = 376
MSU rushing yards = 135

MSU = four turnovers (those turnovers can hurt you too, can't they?)

ilovethecats said:
:lol:

every now and then you get one right. that was funny....

:clap:

thanks, I thought you'd understand! :thumb:

I'm a guy that pays attention to the average kitten fan on BN, where you all hate the Griz with such passion that you live all year with petty homicidal tendencies. Then every time you get rolled when you should of, or could have won a game, the suicidal whimperings get a little nauseous!

yep. they spanked us. anyone who says otherwise isn't being honest. luckily, i can only imagine the team is as pissed off and embarrassed by that game as i am....which makes me even more excited for this season to start.

they had the best lines we saw all year...and they dominated us. hopefully it left a nasty taste in the mouths of all our players involved.

god i'm ready for football!!!

The only thing that really irratates me about the KPAX broadcasts is that I have to go out of town or go to the internet to watch some of the games. We don't get CW in our area (like alot of Montana).

ilovethecats said:
yep. they spanked us. anyone who says otherwise isn't being honest. luckily, i can only imagine the team is as pissed off and embarrassed by that game as i am....which makes me even more excited for this season to start.

they had the best lines we saw all year...and they dominated us. hopefully it left a nasty taste in the mouths of all our players involved.

Ya... we were ahead in the 4th quarter - but anyone who watched that game and knows football... knows that we got beat ad we got beat soundly. Their lines took over the game and our depleted lines ran out of gas. Didn't help much that Denarious had a rare off game (His dad got hit by a car in Bozo and got sent to the hospital prior to the game... I think that was weighing on him)

At any rate - I'm pretty sure NDSU would have handled UM fairly easily too. :shock:

MrTitleist said:
I don't even care about the HD so much as Bob should find himself a camera crew that can follow the action on the field.

All I want is coverage where there isn't so many Griz fumbles, interceptions, injuries and missed tackles!

WyomingGrizFan said:
WILD_CAT said:
Yeah they were leading after 3 quarters against the NDSU that almost beat EW

Well, actually, you weren't; after three quarters NDSU was still ahead 14 - 10. You make it sound like MSU was taking it to NDSU the entire game till the third quarter ended, which isn't exactly true, now is it: NDSU scored first, MSU tied, NDSU scored again, MSU got a FG; playing catch-up. Six seconds into the fourth quarter MSU got ahead 17 - 14 (at the 14:54 mark) and that lasted for a sum total of 1 minute and 32 seconds out of a sixty minute game that MSU was ahead in the game TOTAL (a TOTAL of 18 minutes and 27 seconds wherein MSU was either tied or ahead); then it was all down hill from there (NDSU scored to go ahead for good at 21 - 17 at the 13:22 mark) < http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=303380147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NDSU rushing yards = 376
MSU rushing yards = 135

MSU = four turnovers (those turnovers can hurt you too, can't they?)

Sounds like you watched a lot of game. I know you are bitter. We would have owned them minus the 4 turnovers (whose fans does that sound like?). That fact is, you turn the ball over that many time you lose .. pretty simple.

poorgriz said:
ilovethecats said:

Ya... we were ahead in the 4th quarter - but anyone who watched that game and knows football... knows that we got beat ad we got beat soundly. Their lines took over the game and our depleted lines ran out of gas. Didn't help much that Denarious had a rare off game (His dad got hit by a car in Bozo and got sent to the hospital prior to the game... I think that was weighing on him)

At any rate - I'm pretty sure NDSU would have handled UM fairly easily too. :shock:

If NDSU got 360 on the ground against us, and knowing what Weber did to the Griz, that could have been an FCS record on the ground if NDSU played the Griz. I mean UND with a TERRIBLE QB who could barely throw a 10 yard accurate pass almost beat the Griz last year. And yet they talk about NDSU beating us :lol: NDSU should have beaten EWU as well if not for a bad call in OT.

It's a new year .. new season. May the best team win the BSC. (I like MSU's chances).

Cats2506 said:
Because griz fans are idiots, certain boosters funnel large amounts of cash through Hermes so that he will air the games, the bid is not based on real market prices (advertising revenue) so a real production company (one that would do HD) wont touch the bid since its a loss without the under the table cash that Hermes gets. Fizz fans are responsible for sh!tting in your own bed.

You allege corruption. I assume you are prepared to name sources.
Does the word libel mean anything to you?

tourist said:
Cats2506 said:
Because griz fans are idiots, certain boosters funnel large amounts of cash through Hermes so that he will air the games, the bid is not based on real market prices (advertising revenue) so a real production company (one that would do HD) wont touch the bid since its a loss without the under the table cash that Hermes gets. Fizz fans are responsible for sh!tting in your own bed.

You allege corruption. I assume you are prepared to name sources.
Does the word libel mean anything to you?

Who said anything about corruption, There is nothing illegal about paying a broadcaster more than double the normal advertising rate based on viewers if you are willing, there is also nothing wrong with same broadcaster paying double for broadcast rights for a game either. Remember though that the money gets split 60/40 for home/visitor, so a big chunk of that goes to the other teams too. The point isn't that it is illegal or corrupt, but that it is not based on real market value, so that no other broadcaster will get the broadcast rights. If you really want um football to be broadcast by a competent production company then it would need to be based on real market value first. All that is happening is that the value of um football broadcast rights is over inflated, kind of like most of your egos.

Touchy, touchy. Found a button. I'm no lawyer, it just seems you say Hermes is taking money under the table. Certain government entities would probably like that information, not to mention the competition to Hermes broadcasts. Perhaps corruption was not the correct word. Calm yourself. Nothing will happen. Really. :foot:

tourist said:
Touchy, touchy. Found a button. I'm no lawyer, it just seems you say Hermes is taking money under the table. Certain government entities would probably like that information, not to mention the competition to Hermes broadcasts. Perhaps corruption was not the correct word. Calm yourself. Nothing will happen. Really. :foot:

:lol: :lol: Seriously, your a bigger douchebag than the average jizz fan :lol: :lol:

Cats2506 said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
2506...I watched the last cats game that was broadcast and was embarassed to say that team was from Montana. Any team that finally (stress finally) makes the playoffs better show up to play and not roll over onlt to get rolled over. The cats made a real ash of themselves!

Well then you shoulda watched a fizz game that day, Oh wait :eek:

yeah, um made a real name for themselves getting pounded by WSU last year too,

Its not like WSU was an extremely bad team last year, we did only lose 3 conf games, 2 of them were vs the eventual co big sky champs, (including the eventual Nat Champs) and a road loss to a Sac team that gave both MSU and UM fits.

If Weber would have won at Sac, I bet they would have been in the playoffs

Oh and one more thing, Griz fans, you might hate your tv coverage, but AT LEAST YOU HAVE TV COVERAGE. Some other schools in the conf are not so lucky

http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080411aac.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2011 MONTANA GRIZZLY FOOTBALL TELEVISION SCHEDULE

DATE-OPPONENT-%TIME

Sept. 3-at Tennessee (Pay-for-view TV-TBA)-4:07 p.m.

Sept. 10-Cal Poly (CW-TV)-1:05 p.m.

Sept. 17-Eastern Washington* (KPAX-TV)-1:05 p.m.

Sept. 24-at Sacramento State* (KPAX-TV)-7:05 p.m.

Oct. 1-Northern Colorado* (KPAX-TV)-1:05 p.m.

Oct. 8-at Idaho State* (KPAX-TV)-4:05 p.m.

Oct. 15-Portland State* (KPAX-TV)-1:05 p.m.

Oct. 22-at Northern Arizona* (KPAX-TV)-4:05 p.m.

Oct. 29-Weber State* (KPAX-TV)-1:05 p.m.

Nov. 5-Western Oregon (CW-TV)-12:05 p.m.

Nov. 12-OPEN

Nov. 19-at Montana State* (KPAX-TV)-12:05 p.m.

*=Big Sky Conference game

%All Times Mtn. & Subject to Change

Woodyandbecca said:
Can anyone tell me what channel we can watch games on in ND, just moved here from Msla and am panicking!!! Thanks

You will likely need to find a bar (or a friend) with the right satellite equipment, unless you can pick up an Eastern Montana station who carries it.

Your best bet this late is probably to watch via the internet. There are multiple threads in the last few days describing how to access, register and watch via BigSkyTV on-line. Good luck.

So let me ask you this - Is the Cal Poly game going to be on KPAX and in Hi Def? No & No. It is on CW which is not HD. At least Not on Dish Network.

1. There's a station in Glendive or Williston that often joins the MTN casts... but CW (non-conf) is another deal.

2. Wyo suggestion of having U school of radio-tv do games -- where do you think Hermes gets people? Those are STUDENTS, not people who've already been thru the process... If you think it can be bad now, wait til the students take over. NAU has students, but they have professionals calling the games.

3. Yes, bidders have to deal w/Sky on conference games, BUT ... the league (foolerton) listens to what the host school has to say, as well.

4. Paying over the top?

Consider: The broadcast package helps to PAY THE COACHES' package, by their weekly TV shows, and here's the play of the week. So, it's not just the GAME that Hermes buys, he's also buying the weekly coaches' shows, the weekly plays of the week... and LOTS of people like to watch that stuff ... plus, there are other MTN stations in Montana who share in those costs ... it's not just KPAX money.

And this year, they've hired another guy from Spokane who used to be at KECI to be the play-by-play guy (altho on ROAD games he may have to put up with Squeaky H.)

The reason the non-conf games go CW is because KPAX is pre-empting CBS football telecasts for the league games, and there are limits to how much network time they can dump. (as well as network $$ or $$ for local spots)). End of story.

LakGriz said:
The reason the non-conf games go CW is because KPAX is pre-empting CBS football telecasts for the league games, and there are limits to how much network time they can dump. (as well as network $$ or $$ for local spots)). End of story.

Do you really believe this or just parroting what UM/KPAX/Hermes told you? Hint, check past schedules - moving to CW was never an issue - until KPAX network got the CW franchise which is when they started moving the games. Cosmic Coincidence or more partial truths, you be the judge. Bottom line, Hermes is a dirt bag.

Back