• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2011 GRIZ GAMES TELEVISION?

GeauxGriz said:
Not sure if this is suppose to be general knowledge -- but this is the last year of the KPAX contract with the Griz.

There is a good chance they will be awarded a continued contract into the future, but there is one station that already has full HD capabilities that is very interested in that future contract as well. This would potentially have a negative effect for the red-headed step-children just down I-90 three and a half hours away.

This may force KPAX to upgrade... very expensive and might not be an option in one year.

Things are being decided on this right now - so today would be a great day to write a short and sweet letter to Jim O'day to voice your concern about HD coverage. :twocents:

Television rights to broadcast conference games are handled by the Big Sky conference and are awarded on an annual basis. So any contract that you are talking about that has been longer term directly with UM is for non-conference games only.

ABC Montana has already been placing bids for griz games and KPAX is willing to place bids that are over 250% higher than ABC Montana, ABC Montana will not place that high of a bid because the advertising revenue and viewership does not pay for it. Some griz boosters are willing to support KPAX in other ways to insure that they can afforda to place unrealistic bids for um games and air the product. The same reason is why um is never on Altitude, the bids that KPAX places are too high for actual viewership advertising revenue, Altitude regularly outbids ABC Montana for MSU games. While the Altitude is a lower quality production it does have the advantage of a regional sports channel that has a larger viewership than either KPAX or ABC Montana, and besides you get to see stupid bimbo reporters forget their lines and say "OH SH!T" on the broadcast :lol:

I remember the years when we didn't have tv coverage of our games, so I don't believe we should complain. As for the bobcat coverage, who really cares?

Spanky said:
I remember the years when we didn't have tv coverage of our games, so I don't believe we should complain. As for the bobcat coverage, who really cares?

+1 and +1

Quit living the past you morons. Even the cats have a decent coverage.

If we can see high school games on tv every week, we should be asking more for the next level of football.

It's freaking 2011, not 1960. You idiots need to wake up and realize that the tv coverage we get makes us look like a second rate D-3 school. And Blob Hermes won't be alive for another four years, that man is just working between heart attacks.

American GRIZZLY said:

If we can see high school games on tv every week, we should be asking more for the next level of football.

It's freaking 2011, not 1960. You idiots need to wake up and realize that the tv coverage we get makes us look like a second rate D-3 school. And Blob Hermes won't be alive for another four years, that man is just working between heart attacks.

I'm sure you're really a nice guy.

This is not about Hermes. He may be a great guy but he is horrid on the TV during Griz games. He reminds me of the idiot 2506 cat-pee poster as he grinds away on e griz. Tries to state facts but simply says simple-ton statements over and over. Simple minded and a grinder :roll:

I have yet to meet the so-called fantom "Griz boosters" that pay Hermes under/over the table to broadcast griz games. Any names? Or just more cat scat?

TV coverage for the Griz is really needed to showcase the team. We have by far the most fans in attendance at our games. We are the most sought after team to be watched. Hell, most of the state loves to watch the Griz. Many in the U.S.A. love to watch the team play :thumb:

123 TV should make a sound bid for the rights and let the viewers watch Montana's best team play.

ABC, 123, high in the sky, who cares just show the Griz games!

Well, regardless of the 'luck' we have in getting Griz games televised to begin with, which is great, except that generally the Second Round games of the FCS Playoffs are so very specially handled that it's only carried by something like Bresnan the last number of years, I was wondering about a different approach.

Instead of the broadcasting stations in Montana like KPAX, or whatever, doesn't the University of Montana have a 'College of Visual and Performing Arts?'..like in 'School of Media Arts' listed in that category and if so how come the University doesn't broadcast their own games then? Or is that too much to expect from an accredited university system to actually pull off? Actual university students doing the camera work and 'digital cinematography' of a live broadcast with student commentary and play-by-play. One way to earn a degree; actual hands-on experience in live broadcasting of sporting events. The 'professionalism' most likely wouldn't be that much less, nothing personal implied here of past experiences, but I mean really; and the economics can be handled through the allowance of the 'feeds' throughout the Griz Network across the State, at least.

Try being a little adventurous here.

WyomingGrizFan said:
Well, regardless of the 'luck' we have in getting Griz games televised to begin with, which is great, except that generally the Second Round games of the FCS Playoffs are so very specially handled that it's only carried by something like Bresnan the last number of years, I was wondering about a different approach.

Instead of the broadcasting stations in Montana like KPAX, or whatever, doesn't the University of Montana have a 'College of Visual and Performing Arts?'..like in 'School of Media Arts' listed in that category and if so how come the University doesn't broadcast their own games then? Or is that too much to expect from an accredited university system to actually pull off? Actual university students doing the camera work and 'digital cinematography' of a live broadcast with student commentary and play-by-play. One way to earn a degree; actual hands-on experience in live broadcasting of sporting events.

I like that idea :thumb:

That being said, it's hard for me to bitch about the quality of the broadcasts. Yes they suck, compared to ESPN. BUT, I remember a time when NO Griz games were on tv and it was a 50/50 shot if you found the game on the radio. This was before the internet also :shock: so if you didn't hear the game on the radio you had to wait until you got the paper sunday to find out if the Griz won or lost. And sometimes they didn't have the score listed so you had to wait until monday to find out the outcome. Thats why I will never bitch about the quality of the broadcasts!

American GRIZZLY said:

You idiots DO know Hermes is a leukemia survivor, right? Joking about his health/death is way out of bounds. His TV work may not be great, but walk in his and his family's shoes and lets see how funny it is.

2506, do you have a real life? Isn't there something in your miserable world that you could do besides spouting your cat venom on egriz? The cats made the playoffs last year (finally!) and got rolled by a weak NDSU team in one quarter. Yes they got rolled!
For the past two decades and into the future, the cats have been and will be the second tier BSC team. On Thanksgiving weekend most of those years the cats and their fans were sitting home licking their ashes while watching the Griz in the playoffs. That will be the case in years to come.
Now 2506 why don't you go find something more constructive to do with your time before your next shift flipping burgers at BK.
My apologies for takeing so long to post my reply to your dribble. I spent yesterday enjoying the Beartooth Mountians and Yellowstone Park instead of stuck trolling in front of a computer waiting to post some meaningless venom on a rival's blog site. The point 2506? Get a life.

Blgs Griz Fan said:
2506, do you have a real life? Isn't there something in your miserable world that you could do besides spouting your cat venom on egriz? The cats made the playoffs last year (finally!) and got rolled by a weak NDSU team in one quarter. Yes they got rolled!
For the past two decades and into the future, the cats have been and will be the second tier BSC team. On Thanksgiving weekend most of those years the cats and their fans were sitting home licking their ashes while watching the Griz in the playoffs. That will be the case in years to come.
Now 2506 why don't you go find something more constructive to do with your time before your next shift flipping burgers at BK.
My apologies for takeing so long to post my reply to your dribble. I spent yesterday enjoying the Beartooth Mountians and Yellowstone Park instead of stuck trolling in front of a computer waiting to post some meaningless venom on a rival's blog site. The point 2506? Get a life.

Its nice of you to post your hopes and dreams rather than directly responding to the truth of what I posted :mrgreen:

Blgs Griz Fan said:
2506...I watched the last cats game that was broadcast and was embarassed to say that team was from Montana. Any team that finally (stress finally) makes the playoffs better show up to play and not roll over onlt to get rolled over. The cats made a real ash of themselves!

Yeah they were leading after 3 quarters against the NDSU that almost beat EW (and should have if not for a bad call at the end). I know you all are still mad at losing to us, but man :)

Don't you forget? We had a Freshman QB playing for us last year ... oh wait :)

It is going to be NICE seeing the next expansion/scoreboard this year in TREU HD on Max Media outlets across the state. It definately markets MSU as a superior product that is for sure :) The good thing is that is free and the Griz fans can watch too! :) We will share.

Why no one bids against KPAX?
1st time I've ever agreed with Aughtsix~minus7, but then again I've always said "Follow the Money"

.....>>.....>>>>>>>> .
Dollar_Sign.gif

...>>>>>............>........
Dollar_Sign.gif

........>>>>>>>>>>>>......................
Dollar_Sign.gif

Latest posts

Back