• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Night game...blackout?

Willie

DONOR
While I'm sure this wouldn't happen with such a short turn around, BWahlberg and I chatted about an all black uni setup for the Griz. Well this is what I came up with last night.

Click the URL link for the full size and full detail.
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/MTWillie06/Griz_AllBlack.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Griz_AllBlack.png

Those look very nice, I am thinking the same type of design but with all Maroon, and white facemasks with a white griz logo or paw.

Love it.... anyone that hates the all black is unamerican.

(just kidding)

But really I love this design.

Very cool. Like everything but the helmet stripes. The numbers may be hard to read with the dark against the black, but who cares.

BirdGrizman said:
Not sure how I feel about helmet stripes either, but that is awesome, how did you do this?
I make them from an Adobe Illustrator template.

I like it :thumb:
I must say that I really like what the team wore yesterday, I like the black bottoms and maroon top combo.
We have played stellar in that combo

Willie said:
While I'm sure this wouldn't happen with such a short turn around, BWahlberg and I chatted about an all black uni setup for the Griz. Well this is what I came up with last night.

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/MTWillie06/Griz_AllBlack.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Griz_AllBlack.png

We do still have the black jerseys from last year though.

:coffee:

Yeah, I'm usually not a fan of black unis, but these are pretty cool. I like what the Griz wore yesterday too.

I think a black-out would be a great way to welcome ESPN to town this weekend. But like Willie said, pretty tough to around jerseys that fast.

Willie said:

Griz_AllBlack.png

You do good work!

Great work & design, Willie! :clap: :thumb: :thumb:

Lose the helmet stripes, and I think we gotta' winner!

Why are so many Griz fans against the stripes? It doesn't upset me in any way, I'm just curious. If you're a graphic designer like me, you look at every fine point of a design. The stripes tie into the leg stipes, the borders on the collar, numbers and sleeves.

Just curious as I hear it all the time. If it's for "tradition's" sake, so be it, but my college wore the same thing for 60 years and changed my junior year and they haven't looked back since.

The Griz have not had a helmet stripe since who knows when. To me it feels like kind of a trademark that shouldn't be messed with. IMO

Willie said:
Why are so many Griz fans against the stripes? It doesn't upset me in any way, I'm just curious. If you're a graphic designer like me, you look at every fine point of a design. The stripes tie into the leg stipes, the borders on the collar, numbers and sleeves.

Just curious as I hear it all the time. If it's for "tradition's" sake, so be it, but my college wore the same thing for 60 years and changed my junior year and they haven't looked back since.

I love the design and like the stripes. I, too, am curious about the criticism of the stripes.

Back