• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Night game...blackout?

Tokyogriz said:
Playing in 95% black at night... seems like it might make it a little harder for QB to see recievers.

Uni does look cool though!

I supose this would be true...if they play in the dark. I believe however that the playing area (some call it a field) will be illuminated.

Huge said:
Tokyogriz said:
Playing in 95% black at night... seems like it might make it a little harder for QB to see recievers.

Uni does look cool though!

I supose this would be true...if they play in the dark. I believe however that the playing area (some call it a field) will be illuminated.
I just didn't wanna be the one to say it. :lol: :lol:

I like this look, even though I don't like black. Anyway, 2 points:

1) Move the bear paws to the top of the shoulder (kind of like the duck feathers on the U of Oregon jerseys, and keep the claws pointing in; size of paws is ok), & have a number or nothing where you have the paws now.

2) Narrow the silver bordering the maroon helmet stripe. It would reflect more the stripe on the pant. I like the helmet stripe, as I've suggested it, in other threads.

Good work. :thumb:

I mean you do realize you are talking about a drawing? Not a real uniform? How many times can we hear "I like black" or "I don't like black" .... "I don't like the stripes" "I do like the stripes"....I just find this conversation strange...

What I want to know is...

WHY THE EFF HAVEN'T WE GOT THESE UNIFORMS YET!?

grizUni

You'd think someone would take a hint by now after seeing our reaction to this jersey... so f*cking sick!!!

Still not a fan of that one. If you think mine "would be hard to see"...all you'd see is the numbers on that one.

GettinGrizzy said:
I mean you do realize you are talking about a drawing? Not a real uniform? How many times can we hear "I like black" or "I don't like black" .... "I don't like the stripes" "I do like the stripes"....I just find this conversation strange...
It is a discussion about something hypothetical. No different than talking about who will win this weekend. Regardless of any opinion, the only thing we know is that the Griz will wear some uniform -- and someone will win and someone will lose. All discussion in about future possiblities is just fans being fans. Strange maybe but if not for discussing possibilities there wouldn't be much to talk about other than reviewing the last win.

Yeah I don't ever see why so many get worked up about it. I've already mentioned that in no way do I ever think they will use this. It's done for fun. I'm a designer, it's what I do.

I think it would be unique... since none of the other 418 colleges and universities have thought about going "gangsta"... we could be a trend setter! :thumb:

Well the UNI fans think we're coming out in something special...sure would be news to me. :lol:

Yeah I'm gonna doubt we see anything new tomorrow night on the uniform front. Don't think Nike would have whipped anything up that fast. Only thing maybe another helmet adjustment. Differnt sticker and or facemask. But I suspect Maroon tops and black pants yet will be the uni combo.

Well I had an insider this whole season as far as uniform combinations went, but even they have no clue what's happening tomorrow night in that department.

I heard tonight that it wasn't happening as it was going to cost almost 2 grand per player to outfit them with new uni's. Money would be better spent somewhere else in the program if you ask me.

gotgame75 said:
I heard tonight that it wasn't happening as it was going to cost almost 2 grand per player to outfit them with new uni's. Money would be better spent somewhere else in the program if you ask me.

Yeah, like next weekend against the Cats!

$2k sounds a bit much per player IMO. When I played in college we bought our own jerseys and they were $120 apiece. The helmets are roughly $300-500 depending on model. So if it really is two thousand they're getting charged full blown retail on everything which doesn't seem correct. But I could be wrong.

i would actually like to see what the maroon tops with the white pants would look like at home. that's a combo we haven't seen yet.

Maybe it has something to do with being expedited due to the time frame??? I'm not making any guarantees by any means, but that was the word going around at the reception for UNI tonight.

havgrizfan said:
i would actually like to see what the maroon tops with the white pants would look like at home. that's a combo we haven't seen yet.

the players don't like the white pants very much. the blacks fit better than both the grey and whites which is why theyve been the standard pant choice later in the season.

but i agree i think the maroon tops/ white bottoms would look pretty cool

gotgame75 said:
Maybe it has something to do with being expedited due to the time frame??? I'm not making any guarantees by any means, but that was the word going around at the reception for UNI tonight.
Yeah I could see where they'd charge more for such a short turnaround. They could come out in something new, but as far as my design goes, I'm sure I would have heard something about it since I emailed it to O'Day and Pflu.

Being kind of an important/popular/respected/well recognized person in Missoula, I usually get the inside info on things like uniforms, etc.

But, as of today, I haven't heard squat!

Personally, I don't care what combo is used for tonight's game, uniform wise. I don't care what changes they make to the uni's...as long as they leave the "Griz" script on the side of the helmets, I'll remain happy & content!

You're welcome!!

Back