• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

grizfan1984 said:
Any updates anywhere on recruiting? It’s getting frustrating watching all these other teams get recruits but we seem to be non existent on any kind of recruiting, just saw msu land the #1 and #2 ranked CBs from the state of Oregon. We need to get offers out its the middle of high school season for many schools you would think we would have many more offers out. We can’t just offer Montana kids and expect to win, this brand needs to be put out all over the nation like it used to be (Get into Florida, Get into Texas, get back East) Go Griz, just sucks watching us get beat in the recruiting trail which we use to dominate RTD baby.

Open up that checkbook and send in some donations, recruiting isn’t free.

I realize recruiting isn’t free but we have a bigger recruiting budget than all the other Big Sky teams and if other teams can do it why can’t we?

The new twitter update has made it difficult for me to tell lately because I can’t see recent follows and things have been kept under wraps. I’m not sure I would compare us with MSU until this is finished.

dayday said:
The new twitter update has made it difficult for me to tell lately because I can’t see recent follows and things have been kept under wraps. I’m not sure I would compare us with MSU until this is finished.

I agree and can attest to that but watching what these other teams are doing on paper, with our facilities there is no way any other team in the Big Sky should be beating us in the recruiting front whether on paper or the field. I agree about twitter you can’t even see who the coaches are following anymore so who knows who we are actually recruiting. But msu landing the top Oregon players and getting guys that good on paper, makes me wonder what they are doing that we are not, 8 or 9 of the players being ranked 3 star or higher for them that sounds more like an FBS recruiting class.

grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

I agree and can attest to that but watching what these other teams are doing on paper, with our facilities there is no way any other team in the Big Sky should be beating us in the recruiting front whether on paper or the field. I agree about twitter you can’t even see who the coaches are following anymore so who knows who we are actually recruiting. But msu landing the top Oregon players and getting guys that good on paper, makes me wonder what they are doing that we are not, 8 or 9 of the players being ranked 3 star or higher for them that sounds more like an FBS recruiting class.

Well I wouldn’t overreact yet. I’m betting we will get some more in the next three-four weeks. I’m sure recruits will be here Saturday and then homecoming is usually a big recruiting weekend. I am also not sure we have all that many scholarships to offer this year. It might be a smaller class.

dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

Well I wouldn’t overreact yet. I’m betting we will get some more in the next three-four weeks. I’m sure recruits will be here Saturday and then homecoming is usually a big recruiting weekend. I am also not sure we have all that many scholarships to offer this year. It might be a smaller class.

15 or 16 Seniors. You’ve got five announced commits. Hard to know how many or if there will be transfer portal activity or guys who walk away from the game. I could see 15-20 guys inbound.

bgbigdog said:
dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

15 or 16 Seniors. You’ve got five announced commits. Hard to know how many or if there will be transfer portal activity or guys who walk away from the game. I could see 15-20 guys inbound.

As opposed to this year's class which approached 40. :shock:

AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
dayday said:
grizfan1984 said:

As opposed to this year's class which approached 40. :shock:

I’m pretty confident it won’t be that big upcoming. :thumb:

grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

The Pac12 schools don’t just throw a million offers around, some FBS coaches will offer early, some will offer at the end of the recruits senior season making sure they stay healthy. Don’t be surprised if these “3 star” kids get stolen by an FBS school by signing day

if we get one of those running backs we have offered, it could be a real game changer....they are all pretty darn impressive imo....

Griztrain said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

The Pac12 schools don’t just throw a million offers around, some FBS coaches will offer early, some will offer at the end of the recruits senior season making sure they stay healthy. Don’t be surprised if these “3 star” kids get stolen by an FBS school by signing day

At one point last year in the recruiting process Texas Tech had over 300 offers out. Many Big 12 schools had similar numbers. Are you sure about that Pac-12 comment?

AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:
grizfan1984 said:
dayday said:

At one point last year in the recruiting process Texas Tech had over 300 offers out. Many Big 12 schools had similar numbers. Are you sure about that Pac-12 comment?

I’m not, mainly speculation and a slight jab at state.

Griztrain said:
AZGrizFan said:
Griztrain said:
grizfan1984 said:

I’m not, mainly speculation and a slight jab at state.

:lol: :lol: Roger that! Carry on...

Griztrain said:
https://twitter.com/kannon_katzer/status/1175525720086470656?s=21

This kid is a stud...

When Grady Bennett says he's the best he's seen in HS in a very long time...

Go get him Griz

Griztrain said:

15 carries for 355!!!??? I don't care if he's playing Helen Keller and 10 friends that is impressive! Reminds me of my Eight grade year when our high school played North Battleford Comp for the Provincial title. Their running back went 22-440-7Td's. We lost 49-0. His name Rueben Mayes (you young folks, google him)

SaskGriz said:
Griztrain said:

15 carries for 355!!!??? I don't care if he's playing Helen Keller and 10 friends that is impressive! Reminds me of my Eight grade year when our high school played North Battleford Comp for the Provincial title. Their running back went 22-440-7Td's. We lost 49-0. His name Rueben Mayes (you young folks, google him)

The memories of the RPM backfield at WAZZU. Loved watching that WAZZU trio.

mtgrizrule said:
SaskGriz said:
Griztrain said:

The memories of the RPM backfield at WAZZU. Loved watching that WAZZU trio.

He lit up Glacier for 400 combined yards... Sure hope he goes under the radar.

After a long wait for another recruit, we get a New OL Commit out of Tuscon. Looks like an already-big dude that has a frame to pack some weight onto.

Back