• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Where’s the D? This class is pretty lopsided so far.

That's been the norm the last 5 or six years. D players for what ever reason seem to be a lot slower to pull the trigger and verbal.

Its a weird thing...

Grimsrud (At DL) and Croy (At LB) are initially projected on the defensive side is what I’ve heard from multiple people.

dayday said:
Paytonlives said:
AZGrizFan said:
Where’s the D? This class is pretty lopsided so far.

That's been the norm the last 5 or six years. D players for what ever reason seem to be a lot slower to pull the trigger and verbal.

Its a weird thing...

Grimsrud (At DL) and Croy (At LB) are initially projected on the defensive side is what I’ve heard from multiple people.

I'd sure love to see Asher running the rock, I hope he gets an opportunity to be the 'thunder' in the Griz backfield.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Is it expected that most all of these verbals will sign on the early signing day, and what day is that?

Most will probably sign on early signing day but we may see a few in February too since we are still offering guys. Early signing day is Wednesday December 18 -Friday December 20th

LB-Connor Shay 6'2" 207 (Monte Vista HS) Danville, CA (T 8/1) (NAU)

Offered by Fresno
https://twitter.com/_Connor_Shay/status/1205637128299806721

grizfan1984 said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Is it expected that most all of these verbals will sign on the early signing day, and what day is that?

Most will probably sign on early signing day but we may see a few in February too since we are still offering guys. Early signing day is Wednesday December 18 -Friday December 20th

Everyone did last year... but if I recall one. His offer was pulled.

Message "If you are waiting around on someone else, you really don't want to be a Griz"

Just a reminder of the Seniors that have used all their time up at UM.

CB
3 Justin Calhoun
24 Kobey Eaton
27 Kadeem Hemphill
28 Keynan Foster

QB
11 Dalton Sneed

Safety
13 Josh Sandry

WR
16 Jerry Louie-McGee

LB
33 Dante Olson

DL
37 Jesse Sims

DE
45 Vika Fa'atuiese
96 Ryder Rice

OL
66 Cy Sirmon
74 Angel Villanueva
62 Dylan Eickmeyer
79 Esai Longoria

TE
88 Colin Bingham

Kicker
61 Adam Wilson

Paytonlives said:
Just a reminder of the Seniors that have used all their time up at UM.

CB
3 Justin Calhoun
24 Kobey Eaton
27 Kadeem Hemphill
28 Keynan Foster

QB
11 Dalton Sneed

Safety
13 Josh Sandry

WR
16 Jerry Louie-McGee

LB
33 Dante Olson

DL
37 Jesse Sims

DE
45 Vika Fa'atuiese
96 Ryder Rice

OL
66 Cy Sirmon
74 Angel Villanueva
62 Dylan Eickmeyer
79 Esai Longoria

TE
88 Colin Bingham

Kicker
61 Adam Wilson

So we should expect 17-22 new members to the team this year.

Paytonlives said:
LB-Connor Shay 6'2" 207 (Monte Vista HS) Danville, CA (T 8/1) (NAU)

Offered by Fresno
https://twitter.com/_Connor_Shay/status/1205637128299806721

With all due, the new commit hits just as hard and is faster.

Really would like to see Hauck get that DT this year. That and maybe one more Oline transfer that could play right away. Nice that we will have another year with both pillans and Mallory, and it’d be great to get one more with two years of eligibility left. Line still just needs some help.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Really would like to see Hauck get that DT this year. That and maybe one more Oline transfer that could play right away. Nice that we will have another year with both pillans and Mallory, and it’d be great to get one more with two years of eligibility left. Line still just needs some help.

:thumb:

The only silver lining is the coaches have a Saturday and Sunday to get into some homes for in-home visits

https://twitter.com/Hunter_74_/status/1206405661073920000

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7804613/5dca15dbbd746e0c74bf4296

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/Hunter_74_/status/1206405661073920000

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7804613/5dca15dbbd746e0c74bf4296
I loved watching this. This guy's middle name should be "Pancake." Not into the pushing, shoving pillow fights, this dude uses his upper body strength to pop people. Like Mallory, he finishes blocks when the guy is on the ground.

dayday said:
The only silver lining is the coaches have a Saturday and Sunday to get into some homes for in-home visits

I was thinking the same thing. :thumb:

I’m thinking 12-14 partial/full scholarship signings this week and another 8-10 this Feb (that will include preferred walk-ons) and 4-6 transfer/drop downs/Walkons this summer.

I think we will see more action for Feb signing than last year...especially with drop downs and jucos. I would not be surprised to see CB, DT/Nose, pass rushing DE/LB, OL, quick scat RB....and always another QB if connected to program and spring ball doesn’t workout where at.

I could be way off....your take?

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
I’m thinking 12-14 partial/full scholarship signings this week and another 8-10 this Feb (that will include preferred walk-ons) and 4-6 transfer/drop downs/Walkons this summer.

I think we will see more action for Feb signing than last year...especially with drop downs and jucos. I would not be surprised to see CB, DT/Nose, pass rushing DE/LB, OL, quick scat RB....and always another QB if connected to program and spring ball doesn’t workout where at.

What you said makes sense and is exactly what I thought would happen last year... But really recruiting was over in December. Yes, the Griz added some transfers, but I really think Hauck and company intend to finish early again.

The wild card is how many players leave and drop their scholorships. Thats were we might see some movement and additions in early Feburary, but I think UM already knows who is leaving as Im sure they had their end of the year meetings with players.

Paytonlives said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:

What you said makes sense and is exactly what I thought would happen last year... But really recruiting was over in December. Yes, the Griz added some transfers, but I really think Hauck and company intend to finish early again.

The wild card is how many players leave and drop their scholorships. Thats were we might see some movement and additions in early Feburary, but I think UM already knows who is leaving as Im sure they had their end of the year meetings with players.
Peyton do you expect to see anyone sign on Wednesday that we don’t know about? Similar to last year like Dumitru Salagor? I’d imagine there may be a transfer or two out there that we may not know about.

Back