• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Football Recruiting: 15 Verbals & 20 Offers

Griz til I die said:
Paytonlives said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
I’m thinking 12-14 partial/full scholarship signings this week and another 8-10 this Feb (that will include preferred walk-ons) and 4-6 transfer/drop downs/Walkons this summer.

I think we will see more action for Feb signing than last year...especially with drop downs and jucos. I would not be surprised to see CB, DT/Nose, pass rushing DE/LB, OL, quick scat RB....and always another QB if connected to program and spring ball doesn’t workout where at.

I could be way off....your take?

What you said makes sense and is exactly what I thought would happen last year... But really recruiting was over in December. Yes, the Griz added some transfers, but I really think Hauck and company intend to finish early again.

The wild card is how many players leave and drop their scholorships. Thats were we might see some movement and additions in early Feburary, but I think UM already knows who is leaving as Im sure they had their end of the year meetings with players.
Peyton do you expect to see anyone sign on Wednesday that we don’t know about? Similar to last year like Dumitru Salagor? I’d imagine there may be a transfer or two out there that we may not know about.
there is 2 guys who we are actively recruiting that have offers that I’m thinking will sign but they haven’t announced commitments yet but that could change in the next day or so. Also I’ve heard that we are trying to sway a commit away from the kitties but we will see on that.

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/Hunter_74_/status/1206405661073920000

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7804613/5dca15dbbd746e0c74bf4296

It seems like every BSC school has now offered Hunter in the past day. I wonder how many schools just see what other schools offer and then follow. Seems weird.

What are the odds that we can get Steward, Earl, and Fitz-Henley to all sign? I think if we can get all 3, our defense will be stacked next year.

Griz til I die said:
What are the odds that we can get Steward, Earl, and Fitz-Henley to all sign? I think if we can get all 3, our defense will be stacked next year.

Earl just visited his hometown team in NC. So not sure if we are still on him.

Paytonlives said:
Jonathan Earl is next?? (Team Warning 704)

https://twitter.com/ErikBarker12/status/1206797751842795526

https://twitter.com/team_warning704/status/1206830188543270912

Sounds like a good chance with tweet back to Barker but he was also offered by Charlotte which is his hometown

Paytonlives said:
Post Falls Griz said:
Paytonlives said:
dayday said:
Payton obviously has a favorite. Still not clear if he has an actual offer or if we are waiting on some other backs.

Not a favorite... The other RB's are really good, just dont know if those are realistic.
Not a shown offer, but he did come to Missoula on an official Visit.

Got to see him play against Glacier and No running back in Montana has ever run on the pack like this kid did. Grady Bennet said he is the best hes ever coached against.

My hope is that if UM does not sign him he doesn't end up with the eags. This is the kind of player that they find and ends up killing the Big Sky.
As of last week I heard he still didn't have any offers. According to some coaches in the GSL, he is better than another all time GSL great Bishop Sankey. Also a great kid. Hope the Griz make a strong play.

Another note, the 2 best players from Post Falls (class of 2021) were in attendance last weekend. It's early for them, but would be two more good gets.

Thanks for the additional info...

Just to update, as of yesterday Katzer still has no D1 offers.

grizindabox said:
Paytonlives said:
Post Falls Griz said:
Paytonlives said:
Not a favorite... The other RB's are really good, just dont know if those are realistic.
Not a shown offer, but he did come to Missoula on an official Visit.

Got to see him play against Glacier and No running back in Montana has ever run on the pack like this kid did. Grady Bennet said he is the best hes ever coached against.

My hope is that if UM does not sign him he doesn't end up with the eags. This is the kind of player that they find and ends up killing the Big Sky.
As of last week I heard he still didn't have any offers. According to some coaches in the GSL, he is better than another all time GSL great Bishop Sankey. Also a great kid. Hope the Griz make a strong play.

Another note, the 2 best players from Post Falls (class of 2021) were in attendance last weekend. It's early for them, but would be two more good gets.

Thanks for the additional info...

Just to update, as of yesterday Katzer still has no D1 offers.

He deserves a D-1 offer. Kid can really play.

Just my guesses on this eve of Grizmas, these are the offers we know about. Based on Tweets and past history here is what I think will happen.

Most likely to be a Griz
1- OL/DL- Daniel Kukilakila Lincoln 6’5” 250 (Hawaii Prep)
"Would be surprised if he doesn't sign tomorrow"
2- S/CB- Jonathan Earl 6'3" 180 (Garden West College) Huntington Beach, CA
"UM has to beat out his hometown team, but seems to be a Griz"
3- WR- Aaron Fontes 6'1" 175 (Oxnard HS) Oxnard, CA
"Xavier Harris, UM verbal, teammate"
4- DB- Kenneth Kemp Jr. (Cedar Hill HS) Cedar Hill, TX (T 8/1)
"Been quiet a long time, just a guess that he is a quiet verbal"
5- S- Tim Steward 5'10" 190 (Miss Gulf Coast CC) Hazelhurst, MS
6- DL/OL- Konnor McClafferty 6'5" (Butte HS) Butte, MT
7- OL- Hunter Scott 6'5" 245 (Perry HS) Gilbert, AZ (T 12/15) (S. Utah, NAU)
8- LB- Deandre Fitz-Henley (Ellsworth CC) Iowa Falls,IA
9- WR/CB- Peyton Brammer 6'5" 205 (Hockinson HS) Brush Prairie, WA (T 10/23)
"Tall talented WR"
10- LS- Peyton Hogan (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT (T 12/3) (Utah St.)
"Would fill a need for UM"
11- RB- Corie Allen 5’ 11” 190 (Cedar Hill HS) Cedar Hill, TX (PIN)
"Is still pinned on twitter, but UM has 2 RB in this class already"

Not Likely- Would be a surprise at this point
ATH- Austin Bolt 6'4" 200 (Borah HS) Boise, ID (T 8/1) (UNLV, Utah St. ISU, Spuds, msu)
"Maybe the Best ATH in the group, but too many offers and he is a really good hoopster too"
RB- Elijah Elliot 5'10" 180 (Central Catholic HS) Portland, OR (T 7/31) (has 20+ offers)
RB/SS- Minaya Olivo 6'0" 190 (Central Catholic HS) Modesto, CA (T 8/1) (UCLA-PWO, Army, AF, UNLV, Poly, Davis, Spuds, kittens)
DL/OL- Toni "JT" Reed 6'3" 295 (Valley Christian HS) San Jose, CA (3-Star) (T 8/1) (Fresno, Sac, Wyo., Libery, N Mex, kittens)
LB-Connor Shay 6'2" 207 (Monte Vista HS) Danville, CA (T 8/1) (Fresno & NAU)
LB- Brody Grebe 6'3" 210 (Rosemary Hall Prep) Wallingford, CT (2- 10/21/19)
"Wants to go to a Ivy school"
CB- Ennis Rakestraw Jr.6'1" 170 (Duncanville HS) (T 10/28) (Missouri- pinned)
WR/DB- Cooper Barnum 6'2" 200 (Skyview HS) Vancouver, WA (T 11/3) (WSU- Baseball)
DB/WR- Jaylen Clark 6'3" 195 (Lincoln HS) Tacoma, WA (T 8/1) (Colorado)

The reason I say this was because snooping through social media a couple a weeks ago I
saw a picture on his story of him as a cartoon character dressed in all Griz gear with a big Griz logo in the background it never said anything about commiting but with a picture like that you have to wonder, maybe with the injury they will do a Greyshirt deal?

grizfan1984 said:
The reason I say this was because snooping through social media a couple a weeks ago I
saw a picture on his story of him as a cartoon character dressed in all Griz gear with a big Griz logo in the background it never said anything about commiting but with a picture like that you have to wonder, maybe with the injury they will do a Greyshirt deal?

Nice work 84!

Paytonlives said:
Note
Even though a lot of Egrizers have info on players (especially in-state), many years ago we decided to only post offers that are found in local newspapers, Twitter or recruiting sites. Yes that leaves some gaps but it is the best way to limit errors on the list.
(Recruiting Dates are below in post #2)

2= 247 Sports---- N= News Paper---- R= Rivals---- S= Scouts---- T= Twitter
(PIN)= Player Pinned Offer on their page

UM has 17 Seniors on the 2019-20 Roster, so expect about 25-28 new faces next year...

Signed on Dec 18th (18)
QB- Robbie Patterson IV (Saddleback CC) (T 11/13/19)
QB- Carson Rostad 6'3" 205 (Hamilton HS) Hamilton, MT (2 2-Star) (T 6/21)
RB- Xavier Harris 5' 10" 185 (Oxnard HS) Oxnard, CA (2 3-Star) (T 12/3)
RB- Jaxson Lee (Sentinel HS) Missoula, MT (T 6/25)
TE- Erik Barker 6'4" 220 (McNary HS) Kiezer, OR (2 3-star) (T 12/9)
WR- Matt Simkins 6'5" 190 (Butte Central HS) Butte, MT (Walk-on?)
OL- Kila Lincoln 6’5” 250 (Hawaii Prep) (T 12/12)
OL- Kevin Good 6'4" 260 (Whitney HS) Rocklin, CA (2 2-Star) (T 12/5)
OL- Brandon Casey 6'6" 260 (Sandpoint HS) Sandpoint, ID (T 8/11)
WR- Aaron Fontes 6'1" 175 (Oxnard HS) Oxnard, CA
WR- Drew Deck 5'9" 160 (Glacier HS) Kalispell, MT (T 6/25)
WR- Guido Ossello 6'3" (Butte Central HS) Butte, MT (T 12/11)

DL- Journey Grimsrud 6'3" 235 (Huntley Project HS) Worden, MT (T 8/3)
DL- Henry Nuce 6'4" 235 (Glacier HS) Kalispell, MT
LB- Chase Johansen 6'1" 215 (Park City HS) Park City, UT (T 12/12)
LB- Asher Croy 6'0" 220 (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT (T 10/30)
CB- Autjoe Soe 6'2" 170 (Murray HS) Murray, UT (T 12/8)
S- Rishi Daniels 5' 11" 170 (Seattle Prep) Seattle, WA (3- Star) (T 12/16)

2020 Offers (16)
LS- Peyton Hogan (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT (T 12/3) (Utah St.)
RB- Corie Allen 5’ 11” 190 (Cedar Hill HS) Cedar Hill, TX (PIN)
RB- Elijah Elliot 5'10" 180 (Central Catholic HS) Portland, OR (T 7/31) (has 20+ offers)
RB/SS- Minaya Olivo 6'0" 190 (Central Catholic HS) Modesto, CA (T 8/1) (UCLA-PWO, Army, AF, UNLV, Poly, Davis, Spuds, kittens)
WR/DB- Cooper Barnum 6'2" 200 (Skyview HS) Vancouver, WA (T 11/3) (WSU- Baseball)
WR/CB- Peyton Brammer 6'5" 205 (Hockinson HS) Brush Prairie, WA (T 10/23)
OL- Hunter Scott 6'5" 245 (Perry HS) Gilbert, AZ (T 12/15) (S. Utah, NAU)
DL/OL- Konnor McClafferty 6'5" (Butte HS) Butte, MT (Walk-on?)
DL/OL- Toni "JT" Reed 6'3" 295 (Valley Christian HS) San Jose, CA (3-Star) (T 8/1) (Fresno, Sac, Wyo., Libery, N Mex, kittens)
LB- Deandre Fitz-Henley (Ellsworth CC) Iowa Falls,IA
LB-Connor Shay 6'2" 207 (Monte Vista HS) Danville, CA (T 8/1) (Fresno & NAU)
CB- Ennis Rakestraw Jr.6'1" 170 (Duncanville HS) (T 10/28) (Missouri- pinned)
DB- Kenneth Kemp Jr. (Cedar Hill HS) Cedar Hill, TX (T 8/1)
DB/WR- Jaylen Clark 6'3" 195 (Lincoln HS) Tacoma, WA (T 8/1) (Colorado)
S/CB- Jonathan Earl 6'3" 180 (Garden West College) Huntington Beach, CA
S- Tim Steward 5'10" 190 (Miss Gulf Coast CC) Hazelhurst, MS

Verballed elsewhere (12)
ATH- Austin Bolt 6'4" 200 (Borah HS) Boise, ID (T 8/1) (Boise)
ATH- Tory Horton 6'1" 160 (Washington Union HS) Fresno, CA (Nevada)
QB/ ATH- Tommy Mellott 6'1" 190 (Butte HS) Butte, MT (T 6/20) (kittens)
RB- Malik Sherrod 5'8" 175 (Pacifica HS) Oxnard, CA (T 8/1) (Fresno St)
RB- Jaalen Rening 5'10" 180 (Central Valley Christian HS) Visalia, CA (kittens)
RB- Elelyon Noa 5'9" 180 (Helix HS) La Mesa, CA (Utah St)
OL- Austin Anderson 6'5" 250 (Cal HS) San Ramon, CA (Cal Poly)
DL- Josh Walker 6'2" 305 (Chatannooga Transfer) (T 3/13) (2 3-Star) (In Jr College in Miss- Dec Grad
LB- Brody Grebe 6'3" 210 (Rosemary Hall Prep) Wallingford, CT (msu)
LB- Danny Uluilakepa 6'0" 210 (Payallup HS) Payallup, WA (kittens)
LB/QB- McCade O'Reilly (Bozeman HS) Bozeman, MT (T 7/14) (kittens)
S- Chance Johnson 6'0" 185 (Steele Canyon HS) Spring Valley, CA (T 10/23) (San Jose St)

Lost 8 to msu this year?

Elliott, Olivo, Reed, Mellott, Rening, Grebe, Danny U, O’Reilly.

Back