• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 Offense/Defense

LaJollaGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Is someone arguing we didn’t struggle THIS season? I think the issue is you claiming we also struggled in ‘19 with 33 rushing TD’s….whereas this year we had just 17…and your claim that backs don’t make a difference in how the O-line performs….

It's O.K. to have different opinions. Seems like so many on this site will fight like hell to be right all of the time, when there is no right or wrong, only an opinion. Kinda goes in-step with the cancel culture happening in America these days.

or, some would call it a discussion and not a fight. Kinda goes in step with what this site was actually created for.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:
This season from FRANK GOGOLA :

"UM’s offense has struggled once its gotten into the red zone, ranking 58th with a conversion percentage of 80.8%. The Griz have an underlying issues of scoring touchdowns on only 24 of 47 red zone trips (51.1%) and having to settle for 14 field goals on those 47 trips (29.8%)".

Is someone arguing we didn’t struggle THIS season? I think the issue is you claiming we also struggled in ‘19 with 33 rushing TD’s….whereas this year we had just 17…and your claim that backs don’t make a difference in how the O-line performs….

Ding ding ding

AZGrizFan said:
LaJollaGriz said:
It's O.K. to have different opinions. Seems like so many on this site will fight like hell to be right all of the time, when there is no right or wrong, only an opinion. Kinda goes in-step with the cancel culture happening in America these days.

or, some would call it a discussion and not a fight. Kinda goes in step with what this site was actually created for.

This is NOT an eGriz fight! Picture several dudes standing at a tailgate pre-game bickering over something relatively stupid. That's what this is. And, this season was NOT the only season the Griz have struggled in the red zone. C'mon man.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

This is NOT an eGriz fight! Picture several dudes standing at a tailgate pre-game bickering over something relatively stupid. That's what this is. And, this season was NOT the only season the Griz have struggled in the red zone. C'mon man.

:thumb: eGriz is fun when people realize this. We're allowed to disagree about shit that doesn't matter without hating each other. For example: When AZ was trying to tell me how Gary Busey is the greatest actor of all time, I disagreed, but it didn't make me think he's a bad person.

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Now you're pivoting from your insane argument that RBs are not important to an offense.

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:
Now you're pivoting from your insane argument that RBs are not important to an offense.

Try to keep up Kem...the conversation has gone to and fro. Both remain true - RBs are not more important than the O-line and the Griz have indeed struggled in the red zone in recent years. Now you are up to speed.

SoldierGriz said:
kemajic said:

Try to keep up Kem...the conversation has gone to and fro. Both remain true - RBs are not more important than the O-line and the Griz have indeed struggled in the red zone in recent years. Now you are up to speed.

Well. . .Running Backs remain essential to overall productivity with a team. A great running game and strong defense are very hard to beat. True, the O-Line will have a lot to say about how good the running game is. However, we did see that in 2019 we could dominate on 3rd downs and in the red zone because we had a great running back in Knight. In 2021 we did have a much improved O-Line but the running backs were just not as effective on 3rd downs and in the Red Zone. I think all the running backs combined had about 9-10 TDs all year in 2021, while Knight had 23 rushing TDs himself in 2019. The Griz did not struggle in the red zone in 2019. And, they often relied on the running game to put it in the end zone. We didn't see that it 2021. That is really all we need to know for this conversation. The good news is we should have a great O-Line next year and Knight will be coming back. If lucky, we will have Ostmo, as well for some relief and short yardage situations. Although, Knight is very good on short yardage too. The future is bright.

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:

:thumb: eGriz is fun when people realize this. We're allowed to disagree about shit that doesn't matter without hating each other. For example: When AZ was trying to tell me how Gary Busey is the greatest actor of all time, I disagreed, but it didn't make me think he's a bad person.

Fuck you, CDA. He is. And I am. :twisted:

SoldierGriz said:
kemajic said:

I wouldn’t call 33 rushing TD’s struggling. I WOULD call 17 rushing TD’s struggling.

Back