• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 Offense/Defense

SaskGriz said:
LaJollaGriz said:
You are an immature individual. You show your true colors on here, about 20 times a day. You need to know that a couple of the Griz coaches read your crap, and wish you would find another team to support.
Your first statement is 100% correct, I've got three ex-wives and an underfunded 301K to back that up. Can't comment on the second fragment of a sentence but at my age if I do anything 20 times a day it's probably in the bathroom and it's not what I wish I was doing. To your third point, I'm glad my stuff gets read and since they are reading this; I'm monogamous in my support.
Now back to your comment that Kris Brown is the better passer than Cam Humphrey; other than completion percentage you still haven't backed up that statement. What I'm searching for here, are facts or reasons and I don't see you providing them.

Remember when you back up your statement, as you have mentioned, "a couple of the Griz coaches read...." so you will have an audience.

Sask, perhaps his insistence on that ONE stat was that, during Brown’s time in the barrel, I asked him to point to one stat, ANY stat, that would support his argument that Brown was the better QB. Back then he absolutely refused to answer the question. Perhaps he was waiting for the chance to pounce when finally, after all the passes, fumbles, INT’s etc., were completed and counted, he had ONE statistic he could point to. So, he’s gonna die on that completion percentage hill because it’s literally ALL he has to work with.

Here is what I think is comical, Lajolla defends brown and then on the basketball forum says the basketball team is boring like watching grass grow and that it is killing attendance and recruiting. He may be correct, however so are the posters that point out the game was too fast for brown and he looked overwhelmed a lot of the time.

kemajic said:
Mousegriz said:
More important to know everything else about him like so many on here. Crazy how much good stuff we all heard about him from the local experts when they thought he should be starting over Humphrey even after the Washington win.

I've got a question......Why did Griz run a goofy double motion run up the gut on Brown's first play vs. JMU on ......run a damn QB sneak for a yard, get the kid hit once and into the game.....and maybe even a first down!

Then next series he runs for his life and misses a couple passes.....and Bobby throws in the towel at halftime. Now it's on to Britt or Huot. I hear they look as good as Brown did last spring and early this fall.
My, so the whole world is against Brown. Not fair!

Not the whole world. Just self-proclaimed EGriz QB experts who like to call out individual players (if they actually know their names!) on an anonymous message board.

Looks like the Griz Coaches have bolstered the lineup . I predict a Juggernaut.. Come on along for the Ride. or Get off at the next stop. Griz win it all in 2022, Take it to the bank

Hard to stomach those who disparage Griz players here and surprised it is allowed. But I will say that at least in my opinion for Brown to have a good chance of starting he needs to be quicker with his release, quicker with his reads and decision making, and quicker with his feet when he gets pressured and he needs to get better in feeling the rush. He has assets - size and mobility once he gets going, and good arm and throws with pretty good accuracy. Thought he looked really good in the spring but struggled in the fall. Not easy being a QB at the D 1 level. Let’s see what happens.

speth said:
Hard to stomach those who disparage Griz players here and surprised it is allowed. But I will say that at least in my opinion for Brown to have a good chance of starting he needs to be quicker with his release, quicker with his reads and decision making, and quicker with his feet when he gets pressured and he needs to get better in feeling the rush. He has assets - size and mobility once he gets going, and good arm and throws with pretty good accuracy. Thought he looked really good in the spring but struggled in the fall. Not easy being a QB at the D 1 level. Let’s see what happens.
[/

Dead on. It is way too early to give up on this kid.

Kobezoey said:
SoldierGriz said:
There is a reason NFL running backs average less in salary than NFL punters and kickers...

It is not about the quality of the backs - it is the quality of the line. What will the excuse be next season?

Don't do that "running backs are not that important" crap. If you have a dominant back, like Knight, everything changes. The passing game gets better, the running game gets better, the QB gets better, and the O-Line gets better. Knight made the 2019 O-Line look very good statistically. The reality was that the 2021 O-Line was even better, but could not produce on 1st downs, 3rd downs, or in the red-zone nearly as well. Why was that? I think the running back situation had a lot to do with it. Now, having said all that. . .it is very true that a solid O-Line will absolutely make a team better. But. . .they still need a quality running back to hit the holes and make things happen. It will be great to have Knight back with a solid O-Line. Could be special.

Funny post. "Couldn't produce on 1st down, 3rd down, or in the red zone..." did the O-line produce on 2nd down?

I will do that...in fact, I will double down on it...backs are not that important.

SoldierGriz said:
Kobezoey said:
Don't do that "running backs are not that important" crap. If you have a dominant back, like Knight, everything changes. The passing game gets better, the running game gets better, the QB gets better, and the O-Line gets better. Knight made the 2019 O-Line look very good statistically. The reality was that the 2021 O-Line was even better, but could not produce on 1st downs, 3rd downs, or in the red-zone nearly as well. Why was that? I think the running back situation had a lot to do with it. Now, having said all that. . .it is very true that a solid O-Line will absolutely make a team better. But. . .they still need a quality running back to hit the holes and make things happen. It will be great to have Knight back with a solid O-Line. Could be special.

Funny post. "Couldn't produce on 1st down, 3rd down, or in the red zone..." did the O-line produce on 2nd down?

I will do that...in fact, I will double down on it...backs are not that important.
You are so wrong.

SoldierGriz said:
Kobezoey said:

On that point we disagree. Having experienced backs AND an experienced QB are vital to helping an O-line look good.

Im curious to see if Nick Williams can make some waves this year. Kid oozes athletic potential. We could potentially have two 6'6"ish WRs with Williams and Simpson to pair with two 6'7" TEs in Olson and Curry. What a match up nightmare that could be. :shock:

StumptownGriz said:
Im curious to see if Nick Williams can make some waves this year. Kid oozes athletic potential. We could potentially have two 6'6"ish WRs with Williams and Simpson to pair with two 6'7" TEs in Olson and Curry. What a match up nightmare that could be. :shock:
Olson looks like a grown ass man already. Never saw Williams in any of the Griz telecasts this year ( I mean sitting with the red-shirts, after the game, on the sidelines, etc) but heard he impressed at Fall camp. I'm looking forward to watching Aaron Fontes progress and if Bergen becomes a full time slot receiver that will be fun to see as well. GO GRIZ!

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:

You are so wrong.

what this dude said.

SoldierGriz said:
Kobezoey said:

2019 Marcus Knight behind a poor offensive line: 1,027 yards, 23 TDS, 4.5 ypc.

I like Kris Brown. If he is to continue as a Griz QB he needs to improve in several important ways: reading and reacting to the defensive situation and getting rid of the ball sooner. He seems to throw with an ease. If he refines his ability to read what defense is doing and can deliver a quicker throw he may grow into a fine QB.

My hopes are for both McKnight and Ostmo to be recovered from their injuries. They both suffered severe injuries. If both can play through the season and Bobby can bring in a few more solid offensive lineman we could be very strong. I have concern about Johnson's knee holding up through the season, but what I have watched, he has lots of talent.

In the end depth always seems to be the most important component to a very successful season. We play lots of games and injuries create many challenges that test a team's depth. That area appears pretty strong.

kemajic said:
SoldierGriz said:

You are so wrong.

Yeah? Why? The Griz have a run 1st scheme. That requires O-linemen who can run over and through people. We haven't had one of those beasts in a very long time. Even when we've had decent backs - they've struggled in short yardage and in the red zone.

It's not the backs that are the problem.

But, we'll probably hear from you and others how things are gonna change this season...just like the last 6 or so years.

AZGrizFan said:
SoldierGriz said:

On that point we disagree. Having experienced backs AND an experienced QB are vital to helping an O-line look good.

Geez, what about the wide receivers? Tight ends? Anyone else need to be experienced to make the O-line look good?

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Geez, what about the wide receivers? Tight ends? Anyone else need to be experienced to make the O-line look good?

Well, in the hierarchy of things I’d put WR’s well behind RB’s and QB’s as far as immediate impact to our image of the O-line performance.

Winning formula is one QB and 10 O-linemen. Not sure why RBs are even on the field. I’d even go with 11 O-linemen if the league would allow it.

CDAGRIZ said:
Winning formula is one QB and 10 O-linemen. Not sure why RBs are even on the field. I’d even go with 11 O-linemen if the league would allow it.

Using the theory of big strong quick guys beat on small quick guys.

Back