• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Official (14)Signed, (1)Verbal, (5)Transfers & (2) Known Offers

wbtfg said:
Paytonlives said:
Vidlak twitter now says:

Quarterback at The University of Montana Saved by the Grace of Jesus Christ | Married to my beautiful wife Jaaden

Order of importance? ;)

I would imagine she's #1
Looks like a beautiful happy young woman

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm2n2rJJy4h/

grizfan1984 said:
behappp said:
I would imagine she's #1
Looks like a beautiful happy young woman

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm2n2rJJy4h/

Isn’t she an athlete too? I thought maybe track? Maybe she can come be a Griz too.
Seems like a kid that has his priorities in order and found his blessings, love,early in life. Hard not to root for someone like that!

uofmman1122 said:
Griz til I die said:
His cousins Haley and Macey both play for the Lady Griz. And his former teammates Sawyer Racanelli and Camden Ver Strate are both in the receiver room. I think we might have a better shot then people realize
I mean, I know there are connections, but this guy has a ton of talent and hasn't used his one-time transfer yet. He'll have scores of FBS teams and loads of NIL money going after him. He was the 3rd ranked Pro QB and 13th ranked overall recruit in 2021, he could probably go to most P5 teams and any G5 team he wants. I honestly don't think we have much of a shot, but I guess you never know.

Agree 100%. He will literally have his pick of where to go. Won’t be Missoula.

HookedonGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
I mean, I know there are connections, but this guy has a ton of talent and hasn't used his one-time transfer yet. He'll have scores of FBS teams and loads of NIL money going after him. He was the 3rd ranked Pro QB and 13th ranked overall recruit in 2021, he could probably go to most P5 teams and any G5 team he wants. I honestly don't think we have much of a shot, but I guess you never know.

Ya that’ll likely be the case. I just kind of have this sneaking feeling that with how late he got in to the portal his options may be running low if he wants to stay out west. I’m trying to think of a PAC 12 school that has a need. There’s a few MWC schools out there that could for sure take him, but depending on which schools they are he may just say hell with it and maybe land at UM.

Griz til I die said:
HookedonGriz said:
Ya that’ll likely be the case. I just kind of have this sneaking feeling that with how late he got in to the portal his options may be running low if he wants to stay out west. I’m trying to think of a PAC 12 school that has a need. There’s a few MWC schools out there that could for sure take him, but depending on which schools they are he may just say he’ll with it and maybe land at UM.

I’d run naked through Wash-Griz…..during the Cats game 😂😂

Griz til I die said:
HookedonGriz said:
Ya that’ll likely be the case. I just kind of have this sneaking feeling that with how late he got in to the portal his options may be running low if he wants to stay out west. I’m trying to think of a PAC 12 school that has a need. There’s a few MWC schools out there that could for sure take him, but depending on which schools they are he may just say hell with it and maybe land at UM.

Agreed. A potential wild-card FCS team is Cal-Poly. Paul Wulff’s offense throws a bunch and Huards high school head coach from Kennedy Catholic is the OC now at Poly…

HookedonGriz said:
Griz til I die said:
Ya that’ll likely be the case. I just kind of have this sneaking feeling that with how late he got in to the portal his options may be running low if he wants to stay out west. I’m trying to think of a PAC 12 school that has a need. There’s a few MWC schools out there that could for sure take him, but depending on which schools they are he may just say he’ll with it and maybe land at UM.

I’d run naked through Wash-Griz…..during the Cats game 😂😂

Get yer own schtick, bud. :twisted:

HookedonGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Get yer own schtick, bud. :twisted:

I’d tell you to join me but that would seem weird. Plus you hate the Griz now :)
landscape-1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif

I've been off Egriz the last few days (Torrey Pines is in great condition and playing really tough).
What do I come back to?
3 new names on page 1 under the transfer list and all of them with 3 to play 3
Good things come in threes - although I'm always greedy for more

38c4c45e9ec8221dfa86c071d9f21324

HookedonGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

He’s going to Cal Poly.

Some thoughts, just looking at the tea leaves. I hope UM gets them all as this group is VERY talented!

WR- Micah Johnson 6' 2" 190 (Sunrise Mountain HS) Peoria, AZ (T 5/24/22) (San Jose State, NAU Offers) 2-Star
---Been very quiet for a very long time

OL/DL Brandt Rice 6' 5" 285 (Wausau West HS) Wausau, WI (T5/18/22) 3-Star #5 ranked in WI (Has 17 offers)
---- Would be a steal to is #1 OL in WI, He is a big Nebraska fan, would not be surprised if he walks on there.

OL/DL- Tyson Ruffins 6' 3" 310 (Long Beach Cal Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (T 5/17/22) 3-Star (Georgia Tech, Fresno, Nevada Offers)
--- Honored as a 2023 All-American as Part of All-American Bowl’s Road to the Dome Tour Would be a HUGE get

TE/DE- Gabe Hoffman 6' 6" 250 (Eastside Catholic HS) Sammamish, WA (T 6/9/22) 3-Star -Visit 12/17 (Down to UM, UNLV Arizona & NAU)
---I think the Griz had him but then Arizona came calling

DL- Hayden Harris 6' 5" 260 (UCLA) Sammamish, WA 3- Star, 2 to play 2 (Akron Offer)
--- We have seen this before... Does he feel like a FCS is a step down and sign with Akron, An Akron team that is terrible.

LB/RB- Luke Anderson 6' 1" 215 (Fort Worth Christian) North Richland Hills, TX 3-Star (Incarnate Word, Tarleton)
---- When he de-committed from the kittens, he wanted to stay closed to home Word and Tarleton came calling

DB- Matt Ballentinee 6' 3" 200 (Eastern Kentucky) (T 12/30/22) 1 to play 1 (UTEP, SFA)
---Not sure he fits the bill now that UM found a DB with 3 years of eligibility left

DB- Hunter I. Wiggins 6' 1" 190 (Lincoln HS) San Diego, CA (T 5/25/22) 3-Star (Indiana, UNLV, Minnesota)
---Received the FBS offers a long time ago, are they still there?

I think Ballantine is still in the picture as we need a CB transfer or 2 if you look on Jackson’s committed picture he is recruited as a Safety. However I think Ballantine is off to FBS I don’t think we will get any CBs until after spring along with another QB unless we have offers we don’t know about.

Heard there is a possibility that former Sentinel quarterback, Cam Sirmon, may be returning to the Griz. He was committed to the Griz a couple of years of ago before ultimately deciding to accept a walk on offer from the Washington Huskies. His game reminds me a lot of former Griz, Cole Berquist.

go96griz said:
Heard there is a possibility that former Sentinel quarterback, Cam Sirmon, may be returning to the Griz. He was committed to the Griz a couple of years of ago before ultimately deciding to accept a walk on offer from the Washington Huskies. His game reminds me a lot of former Griz, Cole Berquist.

My guess is he would come as a receiver.

maroonandsilver said:
go96griz said:

My guess is he would come as a receiver.

What was Washington doing with him?

Edit: just looked and they had him at RB. Sounds like he played in the first 3 games and then was injured

Back