• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Official (14)Signed, (1)Verbal, (5)Transfers & (2) Known Offers

HookedonGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:
A couple other QBs a lot of coaches following:
CJ Jordan Idaho-this one makes the most sense to me the kid is being followed by tons of players and coaches actually thought he might be a Griz already and I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he is but nothing official yet.
Sam Huard Washington: makes sense that he has 2 cousins that are Lady Griz also follows a lot of players and coaches but from what I’ve heard he’s headed to Cal Poly.
Alex Padilla Iowa: a few coaches follow him and a few players but the players that follow him probably know him from high school or camps.
Garrett Larson Utah State: Also a few coaches follow him and a few players but same as Padilla probably knows them from camps.
Tyler Riddell: East Tennessee State a few coaches follow also but don’t know much about him.
Coaches following a few JC guys also and probably a few other FBS guys but we will see who comes in. I do know for sure the staff wants 2 transfers but will they stick with Vidlak for spring ball and bring a kid in after? Who knows but as I’ve stated before I believe Jordan is s Griz and if he’s not he will be.

No idea here but there are connections with Will Haskell, QB transfer from San Diego St. First, I’m guessing Bobby has some familiarity with him. I also know Will and Lucas J seem to be close and have supported each other. Would LJ influence him to come to Missoula? He’s following some coaches and Keaton and vice versa. Just a thought….no idea…..haven’t seen him announce any offers yet either. He has to be getting some good interest.

Yep forgot about him and another kid is Finn Collins from Arizona State.

Griztrain said:
Griz til I die said:
I wonder if we backed off on him a little bit after we got Vidlak. Not big on the whole idea of a 1 and done QB after the experiment with Johnson last season, but this kid can definitely play. Jim Mora's done a nice job of turning around the UMass program.

Mora has been fixing the Uconn program.
Umass has Don Brown, who went 1-11 in his first year.
Not gonna be fun to go from the ACC to the struggles of UMass, but who knows maybe theyre gonna turn it around this year.
Oh that's right. I completely got the 2 programs mixed up. Similar parts of the country, both have been terrible forever. UConn has a brighter future, UMass does not.

grizfan1984 said:
Anybody know how to access the student directory I’m looking for guys that may have transferred in.
You have to be a current student or faculty/staff in order to access it, so I suppose if you know one of those, you could ask them.

grizfan1984 said:
Anybody know how to access the student directory I’m looking for guys that may have transferred in.

I just looked up Tate Forcier. He wasn't there, but there was a guy named Robert T. Forcier, so that has to be him....right?

grizfan1984 said:
Students have the ability to opt out of being shown in the directory due to FERPA (student privacy laws) - so that isn't a 100% accurate way to find out anymore.

wbtfg said:
grizfan1984 said:

I just looked up Tate Forcier. He wasn't there, but there was a guy named Robert T. Forcier, so that has to be him....right?

That’s funny. I looked up the name “Willie Garza” and if showed three different pics of a dude in handcuffs for multiple DUIs wherever he goes. Crazy right!

JT Shrout (QB from Colorado) just entered portal. pease liked the tweet. They follow each other. Maybe?

https://twitter.com/jt_shrout12/status/1615509646974029824?s=61&t=M12nXH6Bw5iMW1VORqCJrA

One more to keep an eye on. We offered him out of high school.

https://twitter.com/reedshumpert/status/1615495510940610561?s=61&t=M12nXH6Bw5iMW1VORqCJrA

HookedonGriz said:
JT Shrout (QB from Colorado) just entered portal. pease liked the tweet. They follow each other. Maybe?

https://twitter.com/jt_shrout12/status/1615509646974029824?s=61&t=M12nXH6Bw5iMW1VORqCJrA

Brent Pease liked his post

HookedonGriz said:

Pease is the only coach following him as of right now and no players I’d be really surprised if we added another QB transfer QB until after spring especially if we do end up with Jordan.

grizfan1984 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Pease is the only coach following him as of right now and no players I’d be really surprised if we added another QB transfer QB until after spring especially if we do end up with Jordan.

I’m with ya. I think we only add one more in addition to Vidlak. If Jordan is here, he is probably it. If Jordan isn’t here, this may get some legs.

HookedonGriz said:
grizfan1984 said:

I’m with ya. I think we only add one more in addition to Vidlak. If Jordan is here, he is probably it. If Jordan isn’t here, this may get some legs.
Shrout - 90/203 (44%), 7TDs, 8 INTs, -15 yards rushing, 1-8 record. Just what we're looking for.

Griz til I die said:
Does anybody know if Jordan even has an offer?

No idea if ge has an offer or not but he follows and is being followed by way to many Griz connections to not have at least a walkon or something.

kemajic said:
HookedonGriz said:
Shrout - 90/203 (44%), 7TDs, 8 INTs, -15 yards rushing, 1-8 record. Just what we're looking for.

Yea saw that too. The stats definitely don’t jump off the page. Looks like he has struggled

HookedonGriz said:

https://twitter.com/reedshumpert/status/1615495510940610561?s=61&t=M12nXH6Bw5iMW1VORqCJrA

Just go ahead and bring this kid in, along with his HS QB (Sam Huard).

GrizLawGrad said:
HookedonGriz said:

Just go ahead and bring this kid in, along with his HS QB (Sam Huard).

That would be quite the pairing. :thumb:

grizfan1984 said:
Wonder if Hall is coming in early too for spring ball I noticed on his Instagram story he’d be in Montana today.

I know they plan on bringing a bunch of recruits in this weekend for cat/Griz basketball. And students are now back.

Latest posts

Back