• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Recruiting- (11)Verbals- (15)Offers- (1) 2024 Vebal

This is interesting because the Griz were in on him before he picked WSU

https://twitter.com/kannon_katzer/status/1583169243654533121

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/KaiSevy/status/1583183297173069824
Maybe a win locks Sevy in or maybe not, but sounds like he was impressed and had a good time
Rough to lose a recruiting battle to nmsu 3 days after the athlete visits.
Maybe we get these kids some better seats if possible?
https://twitter.com/KaiSevy/status/1581852067789799424?s=20&t=x7QmMHosip3UcB1pgRB3vw

https://twitter.com/JacksonStortz/status/1584731591573934080

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9599037/619a9be0041d7804e0c82322

Jaylen Hall seems to be still putting his name out there. Used to retweet everything Griz but not very much anymore. He may be a verbal commit right now but I wonder if that will stick.

BDizzle said:
Jaylen Hall seems to be still putting his name out there. Used to retweet everything Griz but not very much anymore. He may be a verbal commit right now but I wonder if that will stick.

Was thinking the same thing I only see one guy that has Montana grizzly football in their headline the others just have a pinned tweet, I’m gonna guess we go after a bunch of transfers and I’ve been hearing rumors of several guys wanting to transfer out but nothing solid we should be bringing in quite a few recruits next year but we’ll see

grizfan1984 said:
BDizzle said:

Was thinking the same thing I only see one guy that has Montana grizzly football in their headline the others just have a pinned tweet, I’m gonna guess we go after a bunch of transfers and I’ve been hearing rumors of several guys wanting to transfer out but nothing solid we should be bringing in quite a few recruits next year but we’ll see
Why do we think that is? We barely had anyone transfer out last year. What’s the difference this year?

Why do they keep offering guys who are already verbally committed elsewhere? Do they really think they can flip them? (Stortz previously committed to UNI according to his Twitter.)

Da Boyz Mom said:
Why do they keep offering guys who are already verbally committed elsewhere? Do they really think they can flip them? (Stortz previously committed to UNI according to his Twitter.)

Reminds me of a former coworker of mine who used to always go after married women. He would always say, "Just because there's a goalie in the net doesn't mean you can't score, you just have to work a little harder."

SoldierGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Thx, man. Maybe I saw him on a great day, but he looked to have a lot of game.

Could be his size...he will definitely play college ball somewhere.

Probably right about the 6-1 185. Dude has been doing pretty well this season. 2,246 yards, 27 TDs, 3 INTs. Only loss was to Los Al, which is ranked #4 in CA. Edison is #9. He's played against a lot of DI talent. Not a Montana Boy, so the Griz probably aren't interested.

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/parker-awad/wo3b9w9UEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/default.htm

Just an observation I have on recruiting styles. I know a kid who will probably play at least fcs level. He is currently a junior. 6'5" 260plus pounds and very athletic. He has no affiliation to either school. Parents went to school out of state. He was totally open minded about either school. Probably going into education so he could do either school. 3 days ago he received 9 hand written letters from MSU football staff. Nothing from the griz. Told me he the griz are now going to have to play catch up.

My opinion is recruiting needs to match the generation you are recruiting. This is social media generation that likes instant feedback (think "likes", "retweets", etc). He is already leaning cats because he feels that instant feedback and instant gratification. I think generationally it is pretty shallow thinking, but it is the generation you are recruiting. My wife has been doing her job for 30 years and is a supervisor. Her boss is making her take a class about communicating with this generation because her two new hires are like that. She has learned a ton. It is about meeting them at a place that they will listen to you. I think recruiting is the same way. I don't know what our philosophy is as I don't have any insider information. All I have is the example of this one kid. Maybe we need to update our approach?

grizatwork said:
Just an observation I have on recruiting styles. I know a kid who will probably play at least fcs level. He is currently a junior. 6'5" 260plus pounds and very athletic. He has no affiliation to either school. Parents went to school out of state. He was totally open minded about either school. Probably going into education so he could do either school. 3 days ago he received 9 hand written letters from MSU football staff. Nothing from the griz. Told me he the griz are now going to have to play catch up.

My opinion is recruiting needs to match the generation you are recruiting. This is social media generation that likes instant feedback (think "likes", "retweets", etc). He is already leaning cats because he feels that instant feedback and instant gratification. I think generationally it is pretty shallow thinking, but it is the generation you are recruiting. My wife has been doing her job for 30 years and is a supervisor. Her boss is making her take a class about communicating with this generation because her two new hires are like that. She has learned a ton. It is about meeting them at a place that they will listen to you. I think recruiting is the same way. I don't know what our philosophy is as I don't have any insider information. All I have is the example of this one kid. Maybe we need to update our approach?
Maybe. While we're at it, updating our approach to offense might be helpful, too.

kemajic said:
grizatwork said:

Maybe. While we're at it, updating our approach to offense might be helpful, too.

Spot on. We seem stale and outdated.

grizturd said:
kemajic said:

]Booby still thinks it is like last time he was here and the best just went to UM without much recruiting...wrong. Now he is losing the state in kids that don't already have a UM allegiance like never before. Of course he can get a Gurnsey , AH Yat, Buehler etc. And to top it off most kids today don't want the mind games he plays, or that his assistants play. All he needs to do is look at MSU, they have it figured out.

Ursus1 said:
grizturd said:
]Booby still thinks it is like last time he was here and the best just went to UM without much recruiting...wrong. Now he is losing the state in kids that don't already have a UM allegiance like never before. Of course he can get a Gurnsey , AH Yat, Buehler etc. And to top it off most kids today don't want the mind games he plays, or that his assistants play. All he needs to do is look at MSU, they have it figured out.

Adam Jones from Sentinel committed to MSU saying they recruited him harder and that he grew up a Griz fan. I’ve rumors that JJ Dolan from Sentinel is leaning towards MSU as well, and he’s a multi-legacy. I don’t see any reason players like that shouldn’t be going to UM.

Ursus1 said:
grizturd said:

This coaching staff has talked about really going after players in the portal. I believe we will see more transfers when the time comes.

Griz Addict said:
Ursus1 said:

This coaching staff has talked about really going after players in the portal. I believe we will see more transfers when the time comes.

This will result in extended mediocrity. Look at teams that build their identity off JUCO transfers...there are dozens in FBS and ALL are mediocre...

SoldierGriz said:
Griz Addict said:

This will result in extended mediocrity. Look at teams that build their identity off JUCO transfers...there are dozens in FBS and ALL are mediocre...

Really? It's worked pretty good so far... look where we were at before Hauck and his first year here? We are light years better now and from this method...

Griz Addict said:
SoldierGriz said:

Really? It's worked pretty good so far... look where we were at before Hauck and his first year here? We are light years better now and from this method...

Better than what? Better than deep runs into the playoffs? Seriously, better than what?

Back