• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Griz Football Recruiting- (11)Verbals- (15)Offers- (1) 2024 Vebal

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/chaparralpumafb/status/1598876904547024896

Not winning many recruiting battles

Outside of a couple 2-3 guys, have we had recruiting “battles” that we are losing? The last few MT guys who went to Cats weren’t even offered by Griz. I’m not sure it’s a battle or a competition when a kid gets an offer from one school and not the other. That’s a super simple decision.

HookedonGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Outside of a couple 2-3 guys, have we had recruiting “battles” that we are losing? The last few MT guys who went to Cats weren’t even offered by Griz. I’m not sure it’s a battle or a competition when a kid gets an offer from one school and not the other. That’s a super simple decision.

Already lost 4 to the Cats (Jones, Anderson, Jefferson, Taylor). Have 1 win over the Cats (Oven).

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Paytonlives said:

And this one hurts. We offered first and they still got him. Chatting with someone in the know, the Cats coaches are way more active with the recruits. Constantly reaching out and chatting. Not so much for the Griz.

grizfan1984 said:
Paytonlives said:

Suprise suprise another OL lost wonder if we even get any of these other OL we offered

After a quick twitter investigation

possible
C- Dylan Cohen 6' 1" 280 (O'Day HS) Seattle, WA (T 11/7/22) only offer UM
**OL/DL- Jackson Stortz 6'4" 245 (Hartford Union HS) Hartford, WI (T 10/25/22) 2-Star (UM vs. UNI)

unlikely
**OL- Kaleb Jackson Carter 6' 5" 275 (Clovis West HS) Fresno, CA (visited for ewu i believe and seemed to lose all interest, and basically shifted to leaning cats in his likes)

OL/DL Brandt Rice 6' 5" 285 (Wausau West HS) Wausau, WI (T5/18/22) 3-Star #5 ranked in WI (Nebraska)

OL/DL- Tyson Ruffins 6' 3" 310 (Long Beach Cal Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (T 5/17/22) 3-Star (Georgia Tech, Nevada Offers)

HookedonGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Jefferson and Taylor from out of state were offered by both and chose MSU.

Cole Taylor had the same offer and chose MSU. Not sure who he was a fan of growing up.

Adam Jones, from Missoula, grew up a Griz fan, had the same offer from both and chose MSU.

Not even you can sugarcoat that.

BDizzle said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

And this one hurts. We offered first and they still got him. Chatting with someone in the know, the Cats coaches are way more active with the recruits. Constantly reaching out and chatting. Not so much for the Griz.

The staff is full of 60+ year old hard asses. They’re not the type to be active on social media, be frequent texters, etc.

It doesn’t matter how good a coach you are if you’re a subpar recruiter. You still need the talent to develop it.

PTGrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

Jefferson and Taylor from out of state were offered by both and chose MSU.

Cole Taylor had the same offer and chose MSU. Not sure who he was a fan of growing up.

Adam Jones, from Missoula, grew up a Griz fan, had the same offer from both and chose MSU.

Not even you can sugarcoat that.

So 4 guys…I was off one. Got it. Now who have the Griz won on in similar fashion? So overall, we’re talking like 2 guys?

That we’re continually losing recruiting battles is yet another indication that a fresh approach in some areas is needed. It’s going to be an interesting offseason. I don’t think things can continue to go the way they have been. We have to be able to recruit and develop linemen and QBs, and we aren’t doing that right now. Need to move forward and that starts with coaches.

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/IsaiahCarlson4/status/1599451647968948225
UCLA will be right around Nebraska in the Big 10. Irrelevant. They're calling the Rose Bowl "The Big Empty" when they play.

Will have plenty of CU Buffaloes to keep an eye on (also, new recruits that Sanders is no longer honoring). Not sure if any are good even for FCS when you go 1-11.

Back