• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL 2024 Big Sky Conference Transfer Tracker

I have to tell you that I did not see that coming. First, I thought we would go after someone with two years remaining. Second, I thought we would wait a bit later in the period to make a final choice. I guess the coaches saw enough to pull the trigger now.

Here is how we stand. On paper, we had one spot left to fill this spring. We have committed two freshmen and one transfer so far. We have an offer out to one more freshman wing player and at least one more transfer post player.

The math alone tells us that there will be some outgoing transfers. How many remains to be seen. It's a crazy world we live in.:devilish:

This would be a nice pickup for the Griz! Averaged 8ppg at Depaul this year and 6ppg at Minnesota last year. A bigger guard at 6'7, and he's played in a lot of games in both the Big East and Big 10. The Big East IMO is the most physical league in the country so it'd be great to get a guy like this who has experience in a league like that.

He's following both Jay Flores and Reuben Williams on Twitter and I believe we may have recruited him out of high school. He's from Ontario California and that's an area we know well. There's some other nice looking schools on this list but I think we may have a shot at this kid

I suspect that there will be a few BSC teams interested in those guys. Dockery saw limited action, but Jordan played quite a bit. Over the last two years Jordan has put on some muscle and toughened up quite a bit. Dockery still has a lot of potential. He is still recovering from a knee surgery. Both are good students and hard workers.

There will probably be one or two more to hit the portal from Weber.

EWU guard Casey Jones hit the eportal today. Most likely that there will be more to come. Some of them will want to follow their coach to Washington State.

D1 portal topped 1400 today. Combined D1/D11 topped 2200. We are not even halfway through it yet.

EWU guard Casey Jones hit the eportal today. Most likely that there will be more to come. Some of them will want to follow their coach to Washington State.

D1 portal topped 1400 today. Combined D1/D11 topped 2200. We are not even halfway through it yet.
Casey Jones you better....watch your speed!

I had thought 5 would be leaving before coach Riley left. Now I would say at least 5 and maybe more. A lot is riding on who they bring in as the new coach. Who ever it may be, they will have a rebuilding process on their hands.

It now looks like the rest of the turmoil at Weber will be happening in a week or two. This weekend through the start of spring signing next Wednesday, is a dead period. almost all head coaches will be at the final 4 over the weekend. They have a few meetings and workshops that are mandatory to attend. Coaches may not call or initiate contact with any prospects. However, prospects are allowed to contact the coaches. Anyways, not much happens for the next 5 days or so. Weber is waiting on a couple of commitments and it may go into the middle of April.

I'm sure that a great number of other programs are in this same boat.

There will likely be many good players left in the portal come May 1st.

I had thought 5 would be leaving before coach Riley left. Now I would say at least 5 and maybe more. A lot is riding on who they bring in as the new coach. Who ever it may be, they will have a rebuilding process on their hands.

It now looks like the rest of the turmoil at Weber will be happening in a week or two. This weekend through the start of spring signing next Wednesday, is a dead period. almost all head coaches will be at the final 4 over the weekend. They have a few meetings and workshops that are mandatory to attend. Coaches may not call or initiate contact with any prospects. However, prospects are allowed to contact the coaches. Anyways, not much happens for the next 5 days or so. Weber is waiting on a couple of commitments and it may go into the middle of April.

I'm sure that a great number of other programs are in this same boat.

There will likely be many good players left in the portal come May 1st.
It will be interesting to see who EWU hires. I know the AD met with all the players this week and flew down to the final 4 yesterday to begin interviews/discussions...

Tamba has his degree and 2 years left to play. Highly inteligent young man, speaks 4 languages, and is a great human. He will get picked up by someone.

One more transfer to come. That is if everything goes like I think it will. You never really know, until you know. My guess is that Weber will end up with 4 out going and 2 incoming transfers. Looks like we could have as many as 6 freshmen. Our starters will be older, but the majority of the bench will be quite young.

Back