• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Adam Jones to the CATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kurtismichael said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Probably won’t see a sentinel kid in maroon for a couple years. Time heals all wounds though.

https://twitter.com/ajonessy/status/1559680780644777986?s=21&t=MPKupULIwGdlW19nHyAzzg

Isn’t there like 5 or 6 Sentinel kids currently on the roster including Zac Crews’ teammate from last fall Joe Weida?

Ya but they all committed and signed NLI’s before the crews drama unfolded. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or more transfer if he ends up with the scats. Not saying this will happen but young people can be fickle.

alabamagrizzly said:
kurtismichael said:
Isn’t there like 5 or 6 Sentinel kids currently on the roster including Zac Crews’ teammate from last fall Joe Weida?

Ya but they all committed and signed NLI’s before the crews drama unfolded. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or more transfer if he ends up with the scats. Not saying this will happen but young people can be fickle.

True. I thought Weida didn’t commit until this spring though? Then again my memory sucks. 😂

alabamagrizzly said:
kurtismichael said:

Or you're overreacting and nothing will happen because these kids aren't Zac Crews.

Zac was also allegedly told no by the cats, so why would his teammates suddenly choose to go there? Both schools told him to pound sand.

uofmman1122 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Or you're overreacting and nothing will happen because these kids aren't Zac Crews.

Zac was also allegedly told no by the cats, so why would his teammates suddenly choose to go there? Both schools told him to pound sand.

I wouldn’t necessarily call it an overreaction, maybe an overspeculation😊. Just stated it as a possibility. I also didn’t know the scats told him no either. That’s what my whole speculation was based off of. It’s still possible some of Zac’s close friends might be turned off by how Bobby and the staff alegedly handled Zac’s situation, although some of their other friends/relatives are already Grizzlies.

alabamagrizzly said:
uofmman1122 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it an overreaction, maybe an overspeculation😊. Just stated it as a possibility. I also didn’t know the scats told him no either. That’s what my whole speculation was based off of. It’s still possible some of Zac’s close friends might be turned off by how Bobby and the staff alegedly handled Zac’s situation, although some of their other friends/relatives are already Grizzlies.
No idea what kids at Sentinel now are planning, only commenting on your assertion that current Griz might leave because of it.

I don't see that happening just because of one guy.

uofmman1122 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
No idea what kids at Sentinel now are planning, only commenting on your assertion that current Griz might leave because of it.

I’d hope not and if Zac’s not there, I’d say it’s highly unlikely. Plus the kids that are currently on the roster probably already know Bobby better then most all of us and should be smart enough to decide on their own and stay or transfer for their own reasons.

uofmman1122 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Yes. It happens all the time in recruiting. Dane Oliver is mad about this and he’s not going to recommend kids go to UM right now because they burned one of his kids. HS coaches still can have weight in decisions. Griz Coaches need to fix with him and others.

dayday said:
uofmman1122 said:

Yes. It happens all the time in recruiting. Dane Oliver is mad about this and he’s not going to recommend kids go to UM right now because they burned one of his kids. HS coaches still can have weight in decisions. Griz Coaches need to fix with him and others.

I agree with this 100% about the influence HS coaches have. They are near like father figures to these kids and in some situations, they may be the closest thing they have to a father figure. HS coaches can heavily influence a kids decision on where to go and if Dane is feeling a certain way about Bobby and feeling it enough to turn kids away from the U, then that needs to be addressed because right now he’s producing some of the best athletes in the state and they are right in our back yard and you know scat fans love to get Missoula kids on their team, just like we love it when Bozeman kids commit to us.

dayday said:
uofmman1122 said:

Don't you guys have a couple sentinel recruits just recently or am I confusing my missoula schools?

In a nut shell Bobby Hauck and the administration totally whiffed on the Crews thing AND has completely messed up the 37 Jersey saga. I mean without explanation he has left things up to speculation and we all know what that can turn out to look like. Broken promises and meddling can do some serious damage.

Allezchat said:
dayday said:

Don't you guys have a couple sentinel recruits just recently or am I confusing my missoula schools?

Yes, Klumpf and Weida from last season’s Sentinel team.

dayday said:
uofmman1122 said:

So Dane is going to convince the Sentinel kids that are already here to leave, or did you not read what I said? Alabama said guys that are already Griz might leave because of Zac, and I’m saying I really don’t think they will.

uofmman1122 said:
dayday said:
So Dane is going to convince the Sentinel kids that are already here to leave, or did you not read what I said? Alabama said guys that are already Griz might leave because of Zac, and I’m saying I really don’t think they will.

Because the coaches strung along that young man whether he had a spot for so long that limited his opportunities (not commenting on what happened wasn’t wrong) but because of that lack of communication and back tracking on what they originally told him that Dane isn’t happy. He’s not willing to actively recommend UM and will recommend that MSU coaches will take better care of their players. That does carry weight for his players while not everything. That’s HUGE when it comes to a school where we had a pipeline in Missoula. So I think it could affect relationships there for a few years unless UM coaches make it right and repair that relationship.

I think you are confusing the impact. It’s not current players to worry about but recruiting at sentinel In the future and for years to come. Jones is just the first example.

dayday said:
uofmman1122 said:

Because the coaches strung along that young man whether he had a spot for so long that limited his opportunities (not commenting on what happened wasn’t wrong) but because of that lack of communication and back tracking on what they originally told him that Dane isn’t happy. He’s not willing to actively recommend UM and will recommend that MSU coaches will take better care of their players. That does carry weight for his players while not everything. That’s HUGE when it comes to a school where we had a pipeline in Missoula. So I think it could affect relationships there for a few years unless UM coaches make it right and repair that relationship.

I think you are confusing the impact. It’s not current players to worry about but recruiting at sentinel In the future and for years to come. Jones is just the first example.
Again, I never said this won't impact our recruiting going forward. I've only addressed the assertion that our current Griz players from Sentinel will transfer because of what happened to Zac. However, I'm not as doom and gloom about it going forward, either. Most kids from Sentinel only get offers from UM and MSU, so while Dane might be pissed about it, I doubt he shuts down recruiting from UM entirely when it's one of the vast majority of his kids only chances of playing D1 football every year.

I don't want to belabor this point, and if Hauck strung Crews along, that's certainly not good recruiting tactics, but I'm still pretty sure the person that "limited Crews opportunities" wasn't Bobby in this instance.

Just spit ballin' here, but perhaps Dane should use this as a coaching opportunity to teach his players about personal responsibility, and that actions have consequences.

And that doesn't even address that his first priority should be doing all he can to ensure that his former players land in a college environment in which they can succeed, both educationally and athletically, while putting his personal feelings aside.

This.

EverettGriz said:
Just spit ballin' here, but perhaps Dane should use this as a coaching opportunity to teach his players about personal responsibility, and that actions have consequences.

Always a good thing to get talents from home, though I’m looking forward to Eli Gillman #10. That kid is going to have a monster career @ UM.

uofmman1122 said:
dayday said:

Again, I never said this won't impact our recruiting going forward. I've only addressed the assertion that our current Griz players from Sentinel will transfer because of what happened to Zac. However, I'm not as doom and gloom about it going forward, either. Most kids from Sentinel only get offers from UM and MSU, so while Dane might be pissed about it, I doubt he shuts down recruiting from UM entirely when it's one of the vast majority of his kids only chances of playing D1 football every year.

I don't want to belabor this point, and if Hauck strung Crews along, that's certainly not good recruiting tactics, but I'm still pretty sure the person that "limited Crews opportunities" wasn't Bobby in this instance.

Aww maybe misread what you were referencing. I’m sure it can be fixed eventually. Winning always helps. It sounds like some better communication and less stubbornness can fix a lot in this regard and with the #37 issue. But need to do it which means putting egos aside.

uofmman1122 said:
dayday said:

Why is everyone assuming the players at MSU will be more forgiving to Crews? More willing to swallow his "sorry I didn't know it could be public and got caught" apology? More willing to swallow their principles and look the other way? Can someone explain why players at MSU won't threaten to leave if he joins the team? What is so different about the Cats player group?

nzone said:
In a nut shell Bobby Hauck and the administration totally whiffed on the Crews thing AND has completely messed up the 37 Jersey saga. I mean without explanation he has left things up to speculation and we all know what that can turn out to look like. Broken promises and meddling can do some serious damage.

Yes and Missoula is not the only city these things are being seen as red flags for Montana high school players and coaches.

dayday said:
uofmman1122 said:

Aww maybe misread what you were referencing. I’m sure it can be fixed eventually. Winning always helps. It sounds like some better communication and less stubbornness can fix a lot in this regard and with the #37 issue. But need to do it which means putting egos aside.
No worries. If it's true that coach Hauck promised him a spot and then was forced to pull it by outside pressure, not sure that's a communication problem, unless he always planned to deny him a spot from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back