• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alex Germer......A Bobcat?

EverettGriz said:
hunt-ducks said:
Been reading this thread, and will admit that I know nothing about the Montana kids being discussed here, or can give no opinion on whether Travis missed on offering one of these players. But my two cents is that it is sad when we can not discuss our rival school, MSU, and their possible rise in talent and success with their new head coach, without the discussion degrading into a Bobcat-hating thing. Let's be objective here and talk basketball and leave the venom towards the Bobcats alone. Whether the Bobcats program has improved will be determined on the court, not in an internet discussion.

Yet oddly, here you are, having an internet discussion about msu on an internet chatroom designed specifically for that purpose. :roll:

What? I have not been having an internet discussion about MSU. I just read the thread, and they always go South every time a positive point might be made about MSU. I just can not understand why every thread attempting to talk basketball is de-railed every time a mention of what MSU is doing, or not doing. The psychosis about the rivalry gets tiring when some of us would rather discuss BB, and leave the other stuff for a bar rant session.

hunt-ducks said:
What? I have not been having an internet discussion about MSU. I just read the thread, and they always go South every time a positive point might be made about MSU. I just can not understand why every thread attempting to talk basketball is de-railed every time a mention of what MSU is doing, or not doing. The psychosis about the rivalry gets tiring when some of us would rather discuss BB, and leave the other stuff for a bar rant session.

Then discuss, no need to bitch, Bwana.

Regarding the MSU rivalry 'psychosis,' they are the 'Queen of Diamonds' to some of our Griz posters. From 'The Manchurian Candidate,' (1962): "Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."
If you think, 'Huh?', then Google it.

hunt-ducks wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:23 am

What no FTC ! Always have space for FTC.

Watched him tonight in playoff game vs last place Helena High. Not much change since last year. Shoots and handles well,weak inside marginal defense. I think he pulled in about one tough rebound all night long. Not that impressed and will eat a little crow on my prior comments. Griz can find a better player. Sentinel won the game 49 41 or so. A bounce or two and Helena could have won it. Germer should not be mentioned in same discussion and Tinkle or Worster.

HelenaHandBasket said:
So are we getting to the point in the thread that TD can't evaluate talent?

I think he is better at evaluating/mentoring guards over Big men for sure. We've had a lot of great guards in Decuire's time, we've started 4 guards at times, but our Center/PF play has been lacking. I don't know what the deal with Steadman was, but I think Krysko or Tinkle would have been a much better coach/fit for him.

Saw Germer recently when the #1 Spartans came to Butte at 13-0 and left 13-1.

Butte shocked the state and lead wire-to-wire, up 30-11 at one point in 1st half; lead by 14 at halftime. Final 73-64.

Germer is a good shooter, and excellent free throw shooter as he was 7-7... Scored 26 pts.

Sport said:
Ok I’ll have to admit I’ve not seen Alex play in person but I’ve only read the press clippings. But when a AA player scores 37 one weekend followed up by a 51 point outing one tends to notice. His 10 for 13 3 pointers for a 6’8” forward should cause one to take notice. The only reason I could imagine he would choose the cats over the Griz is their engineering program. He should realize by the time he graduates the engineering field will be so polluted with engineering graduates that he will have to flip burgers at McDonalds. Ok maybe a slight exaggeration there but who wants to be a train engineer in this day and age.
This begs the question. Two bluechip prospects, three if you count Tres Tinkle have chosen to take their talents elsewher? Ok I understand Tres but Riley Wooster who is getting attention as the best freshman in the country and now Alex who has signed a LOI with the cats. It’s difficult enough to find any D-1 talent in Montana much less in your own backyard. Not to criticize the Grizzly coaching staff but I will. Why Travis, why Chris Cobb and why Jay Flores have we not signed Riley and why are we letting Sprinkle sign what looks to be the best player in the state? Unfortunately all we can do is speculate at this point because Travis does not choose to comment about individual players. As fans it’s frustrating to not see the best talent in Montana not end up in a Grizzly uniform. I rest my case.

FYI, NCAA rules prohibit coaches from commenting on recruits. The only time they can is when the recruit publicly announces their verbal commitment (coaching staff can confirm/acknowledge the verbal commitment) or when the player actually signs their NLI, etc. So it is not a matter of whether Travis or any NCAA head coach "does not choose" to comment about individual players-it is because they can't comment on recruits outside of those specific situations. .

Back