• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Always wearing the Griz gear

jcu27 said:
Heard it all the time in Fort Collins. In Alabama I only met 2 people who even knew who the griz were. They went on to describe the griz as a "highschool team"

Once you get to know em though, you realize they feel every team that’s not an SEC school is a high school team. Arrogant pricks!

Every time I see someone in griz gear, I always ask them if they want something to replace the rag they are wearing.......

Drove through Bozeman yesterday and bless the man just off the interstate between mile markers 288 and 287 who painted Go Griz on his/her shed.

Got a Go Griz in Prague last summer from a cat fan. Also got one in Costa Maya about five years ago, and I've gotten multitudes of them at Dulles airport in DC. Even talked with a backup linebacker that was on the 95 championship team on the shuttle bus from the economy lot. Griz Nation is quite large!

Montanabob said:
Every time I see someone in griz gear, I always ask them if they want something to replace the rag they are wearing.......

I tried to use a bobcat T-shirt to start our camp fire this past weekend and it wouldn't even get hot enough to lite paper, just like the Bobcat themselves never catch fire...

alabamagrizzly said:
I was once at the Cantina on Mos Eisley while running a highly secretive shipment of Kyber Crystals. As I came up to the bar sporting my Griz gear, the bartender gave me a “Go Griz” and then promptly drew his blaster on me. It wasn’t until after he was falling to the floor from my counter blaster shot, that I noticed the blue solo cups with the cat logos by the cash register. I also then courteously returned the “Go Griz” over his cat-loving smoldering corpse.

Haha, nicely done! :lol:

I've heard Go Griz! literally from sea to shining sea: in San Diego, in Myrtle Beach, and dozens of places in between.

Ringneck said:
I've heard Go Griz! literally from sea to shining sea: in San Diego, in Myrtle Beach, and dozens of places in between.

Me too. Often the person is neither a Griz fan nor from Montana. They often know the Griz for other reasons and seem to be football fans.

WaGriz4life said:
If you stay in one of the big resort in Maui on Kaanapoli beach you will have several people say go Griz if you wear your gear around. A LOT of Montana people vacation on Kaanapoli beach.

My youngest brother just moved to Oahu. I'll make sure he tells everyone with Griz gear "Go Griz!"

WaGriz4life said:
If you stay in one of the big resort in Maui on Kaanapoli beach you will have several people say go Griz if you wear your gear around. A LOT of Montana people vacation on Kaanapoli beach.

Former Griz Jonny "Put Em in a Coma" Varona and Pete Hamill both live in Maui.

WaGriz4life said:

Same thing happened to me when I worked in Maui for 8 months! I awestruck by the amount of random Griz fans there.

Moved to Walla Walla, WA last week; got both a "Go Griz " and an "ESG" in the same afternoon.

Wearing my Griz t-shirt around Albuquerque today and met a very nice lady at Costco who is originally from Browning. She came up and remarked on my shirt and gave me a Go Griz! Now I am really ready for some football.

Back