• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Andrew Schmidt on the Big Sky Breakdown on struggles in Pokey, his proposal for the Snow Belt Conference

I really enjoyed the interviews. I have subscribed and put Colters show on my "must listen to" agenda each week.

I love Andrew's idea and enjoyed listening to the pros and cons of each point that was presented.

It is almost embarrassing that we pack 26000 into a beautiful stadium and play a team that doesn't even have a stadium of their own. I would love to be driving to Missoula to watch any of the teams mentioned in the many comments made above than some that we currently play.

I would prefer more regional teams such as WY, NDSU or Colorado State than teams from Texas but that is semantics. Non-conference games provide the possibility of some great games to watch as well.

As Andrew said, we haven't played in a National Championship game in 20 years. I think I could get fired up to travel to a bowl game every year. Just my view.

It is time!!!!!!

mthoopsfan said:
It's all about money now. Why would any conference, or the FBS, want these teams, none of whom (to my knowledge) have a huge tv/fan following. Some great fans, but virtually nothing for tv ratings and viewership, week in and week out.
I agree regarding tv ratings and money. The choice might be to accept UM will be FCS for another 4 or 5 years or longer.

It sounds as though the FCS will be further watered down soon. Sam Herder is reporting that C-USA officials are on campus at Kennesaw, and that Kennesaw will likely join in 2024. FCS is a sinking ship. Sadly I think we may have hitched our wagon to it. Is there a way off this fucking boat?!

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
It sounds as though the FCS will be further watered down soon. Sam Herder is reporting that C-USA officials are on campus at Kennesaw, and that Kennesaw will likely join in 2024. FCS is a sinking ship. Sadly I think we may have hitched our wagon to it. Is there a way off this f###[#] boat?!

I don’t think so. Looking like we are stuck. Now we have people suggesting we form a FBS conference that could include Tarleton State and Lamar. That would be just wonderful. We’re better off with Northern Colorado and Eastern Washington.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
It sounds as though the FCS will be further watered down soon. Sam Herder is reporting that C-USA officials are on campus at Kennesaw, and that Kennesaw will likely join in 2024. FCS is a sinking ship. Sadly I think we may have hitched our wagon to it. Is there a way off this f###[#] boat?!

How is FCS sinking? I don’t see that at all.

grizfan47 said:
I really enjoyed the interviews. I have subscribed and put Colters show on my "must listen to" agenda each week.

I love Andrew's idea and enjoyed listening to the pros and cons of each point that was presented.

It is almost embarrassing that we pack 26000 into a beautiful stadium and play a team that doesn't even have a stadium of their own. I would love to be driving to Missoula to watch any of the teams mentioned in the many comments made above than some that we currently play.

I would prefer more regional teams such as WY, NDSU or Colorado State than teams from Texas but that is semantics. Non-conference games provide the possibility of some great games to watch as well.

As Andrew said, we haven't played in a National Championship game in 20 years. I think I could get fired up to travel to a bowl game every year. Just my view.

It is time!!!!!!

I know time goes fast, but I don't think 2009 was 20 years ago.

Htowngriz said:
grizfan47 said:

It is time!!!!!!

I know time goes fast, but I don't think 2009 was 20 years ago.

:lol: :lol: New math. Let it go.

None of these schools mentioned have the facilities in place to be an FBS school except Montana. Not even NDSU. Fargo Dome doesn’t exactly scream FBS when I see it on tv. Griz need to do everything they can to get into the MWC. I also think the best thing that could happen is leaving the JV team behind too.

BrownBear9501 said:
None of these schools mentioned have the facilities in place to be an FBS school except Montana. Not even NDSU. Fargo Dome doesn’t exactly scream FBS when I see it on tv. Griz need to do everything they can to get into the MWC. I also think the best thing that could happen is leaving the JV team behind too.

Well there’s a “slim” chance of #1 happening, and “none” chance of #2 happening. So they’d better start thinking about alternative solutions.

AZGrizFan said:
BrownBear9501 said:

Well there’s a “slim” chance of #1 happening, and “none” chance of #2 happening. So they’d better start thinking about alternative solutions.

Put “Things” in one column, and “That Can Be Done” in the other. Nary the two shall meet.

BrownBear9501 said:

If Idaho can get away with being FBS in their Stadium both NDSU and SDSU can as well.

BrownBear9501 said:

Well what good does having a 40,000 seat stadium do when you can’t draw 15,000? That’s the state of most G5 FBS schools. And the state of about 95% of FCS schools

AZGrizFan said:
BrownBear9501 said:

Well what good does having a 40,000 seat stadium do when you can’t draw 15,000? That’s the state of most G5 FBS schools. And the state of about 95% of FCS schools

I realize this is the MWC, but 14k for a mid-season game?

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/wyoming-cowboys-rally-from-early-deficit-to-win-road-game-at-new-mexico/article_d9a2d50c-4757-11ed-a43b-8f7953c4b251.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
AZGrizFan said:

I realize this is the MWC, but 14k for a mid-season game?

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/wyoming-cowboys-rally-from-early-deficit-to-win-road-game-at-new-mexico/article_d9a2d50c-4757-11ed-a43b-8f7953c4b251.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Their fans must be holding out because they want to drop to FCS so they can host Morehead State.

Tangentially related:

https://twitter.com/fleischman_noah/status/1579164264233054209

Pretty impressive only being a year removed from FCS.

AZGrizFan said:
BrownBear9501 said:

95% of FCS schools can't draw half that.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
95% of FCS schools can't draw half that.

Exactly.

Latest posts

Back