• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Any reason?

Dillon said:
maroonandsilver said:
Bobby discontinued the flags when he came back. He has resisted talking about it (which will surprise no one). And it is not an axe, it's a sledgehammer.

Wrong I believe the axe thingy dingy is an axe sledgehammer combo!
Like a heavyweight pulaski? I have a scar on the shin from using a pulaski without thinking things through ( I have an ex wife for almost the same reason).

Could we now play the old Peter Gabriel song when that tool first appears, it's old enough to make Griz fans like me feel nostalgic without upsetting the young fans who don't attend because we play songs like that.

SaskGriz said:
Dillon said:
Like a heavyweight pulaski? I have a scar on the shin from using a pulaski without thinking things through ( I have an ex wife for almost the same reason).

Could we now play the old Peter Gabriel song when that tool first appears, it's old enough to make Griz fans like me feel nostalgic without upsetting the young fans who don't attend because we play songs like that.

I love this idea. I've long held that the first home game of the year should be "The Genesis Game" featuring only songs from the Genesis coaching tree (save for American Badass, of course). Get all the hits from Gabriel, Collins, and the supergroup itself. When that synth line hits in "Sledgehammer", the opponents will be running for the bus.

True story: My HS bball coach gave his speech before the district championship game, turned off the lights in the locker room, and cranked "In the Air Tonight" to pump us up. I got in trouble for laughing and played very sparingly.

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:

I love this idea. I've long held that the first home game of the year should be "The Genesis Game" featuring only songs from the Genesis coaching tree (save for American Badass, of course). Get all the hits from Gabriel, Collins, and the supergroup itself. When that synth line hits in "Sledgehammer", the opponents will be running for the bus.

True story: My HS bball coach gave his speech before the district championship game, turned off the lights in the locker room, and cranked "In the Air Tonight" to pump us up. I got in trouble for laughing and played very sparingly.
Iron mike Tyson loved that song in Hangover :thumb:

As much as I like and respect the flags, do we really need the players to run out with extra flags when the flags are always in the southwest corner of the stadium for every game?

175511864_3885367544863074_7850792378139731980_n.jpg

SaskGriz said:

This is a home r...eerrrrr....fullback dive for 6.

Dillon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
They can do away with the flags, but please never do away with Monte dancing to Kid Rock's "Cowboy". It gets the old folks going because it reminds them of their college days. When that Hey, hey, hey, hey sequence drops, I can feel it in my plumbs. Take my eyes, but not my "Cowboy" intro.

I also think it's high time that Bobby introduce a turnover chain to go with the sledgehammer. Only, instead of getting to wear it when you cause a turnover, you are forced to wear it after making one. Something like this:

s-l300.jpg
Bring at least the American Flag back - Do the right thing Bobby! Respect those who fought for this Great Country! :roll:

Perhaps you don't realize:

1. There are permanent US flags in WA Griz, and we still present the colors and play the National Anthem before every game.

2. While I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who served, the US flag stands proudly for ALL Americans, not just those in the military.

Mousegriz said:
These were two spring scrimmages!
Hardly; stupid quote. These were two OOC 2020 football games that are in the records. They had no resemblance to scrimmages. Ask the players that were on the field if they thought they were scrimmages.

get'em_griz said:
As much as I like and respect the flags, do we really need the players to run out with extra flags when the flags are always in the southwest corner of the stadium for every game?
Much better than enduring Genesis or Collins adult contemporary pop.

CDAGRIZ said:
SaskGriz said:

I was similarly punished with pine time for laughing at one of the HS football coaches. When asked what had become of the black Trans Am that he was known to be fond of, he answered that he'd been forced to sell, it being simply impossible to own a "fine, aristocratic vehicle such as that" in the state of MT. I honestly thought he was cracking wise. He was not...

EverettGriz said:
Dillon said:
Bring at least the American Flag back - Do the right thing Bobby! Respect those who fought for this Great Country! :roll:

Perhaps you don't realize:

1. There are permanent US flags in WA Griz, and we still present the colors and play the National Anthem before every game.

2. While I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who served, the US flag stands proudly for ALL Americans, not just those in the military.
:thumb: :clap:

SaskGriz said:
Dillon said:

:thumb:

If you need flags, music or garden implements to get jacked up when the Griz run out of the tunnel I would question your pregame BAC level.

You’re doing it wrong :coffee: :coffee:

I am not sure I understand the resin for this post? Any resonable persons doesn’t get worked up about flags being carried onto the field by football players. Seems reecinabull that the cheer squad would do that or members of the military before the game. It would also seem reeseanoble to wave every flag known to man if we weren’t all Americans sitting in the stands. Maybe if we played Russian, Italian or Canadian football teams - there would be a good reson for it. I get having pride in ones country, state, city and team - but this line of thinking seems uwnreesinible.

:cry: :thumb:
Copper Griz said:
I am not sure I understand the resin for this post? Any resonable persons doesn’t get worked up about flags being carried onto the field by football players. Seems reecinabull that the cheer squad would do that or members of the military before the game. It would also seem reeseanoble to wave every flag known to man if we weren’t all Americans sitting in the stands. Maybe if we played Russian, Italian or Canadian football teams - there would be a good reson for it. I get having pride in ones country, state, city and team - but this line of thinking seems uwnreesinible.

:cry:

UMAlum said:
I don't believe Hauck is big into frills or displays that may take players out of their playing the game focus. Anyone know if players names not being on their jersy will continue into fall of was this a spring anomoly?

I think there are new uniforms this Fall? I think these uniforms were 2008-09 vintage. Personally, I like the style of the uniforms they played with the last two weeks. I have more of the adage of "being like the Yankees" and having the same kick-ass uniform for millennia with the Griz logo.

Cotton-eyed Hoe said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I was similarly punished with pine time for laughing at one of the HS football coaches. When asked what had become of the black Trans Am that he was known to be fond of, he answered that he'd been forced to sell, it being simply impossible to own a "fine, aristocratic vehicle such as that" in the state of MT. I honestly thought he was cracking wise. He was not...

He probably could've hooked you up with some KOOL menthols, though. Sounds like the type of guy who had a really expensive stereo system in his house in the 1980s. Maybe some pet snakes or lizards, and a rotating cast of big-haired ladies in tube tops. Big time lanyard twirler.

CDAGRIZ said:
Cotton-eyed Hoe said:

He probably could've hooked you up with some KOOL menthols, though. Sounds like the type of guy who had a really expensive stereo system in his house in the 1980s. Maybe some pet snakes or lizards, and a rotating cast of big-haired ladies in tube tops. Big time lanyard twirler.

Silk shirt, Italian horn necklace and pleather jacket. He had a subscription to Playboy because he “enjoyed” the articles.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Silk shirt, Italian horn necklace and pleather jacket. He had a subscription to Playboy because he “enjoyed” the articles.

Aviators, aggressive gum-chewer (no bubble blowing). Couldn't decide who was cooler: Smokey and the Bandit-era Burt Reynolds, or Travolta in "Urban Cowboy", so developed a pretty intriguing mash-up that borrowed the best of each. Looking back on it like this, the dude was pretty well crushing it...

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Owned two pairs of Z. Cavaricci stone-washed jeans for date nights.
R2a4b769e1c1fc21ba2486e9863c91861

Back