• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BAC Construction Update

CDAGRIZ said:
MikeyGriz said:
Looks like we have made the same stupid decision!

https://gogriz.com/story.aspx?filename=football-griz-return-home-to-face-western-illinois&file_date=9/8/2021

"DIGITAL PROGRAMS: Montana fans can capture the memory of Saturday's game easier this season with gameday programs moving to a digital platform.

Fans can pick up a free roster flip-card from any retailer inside Washington-Grizzly Stadium and scan a QR code for quick and easy access to the full gameday program."

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I thought the picture was the more embarrassing part. Who approves a picture like that? It looks like a T-shirt Dwight Schrute would wear on the weekend, only with a Bobcat player lifting his leg to piss pasted over it.

Not alone, that picture was typical bobcats. I am sure someone thought that was a roaring, or some such garbage, bobcat instead of yawning. Just like "bobcat batter" no one tends to think things through in bozeman's marketing dept.

HookedonGriz said:
Cats fans will think most of us are trolling but I can say with 100% honesty that thing is not aesthetically pleasing, at all. I have no expertise in architecture, design, or building but how that looks right now is absolutely “blah”. I’m sure it will work great and serve its purpose, but I’m positive if you are going to drop 20M then it should at least be pretty or cool looking.

Don’t worry. I work closely with all 3 areas mentioned and it still looks like shit to my eyes.

All that stands out to me still is that shit ass scoreboard.

The front page of the gameday program is the result of economics.

Following having to go 6 deep to find a football coach, AD Costello has turned to nepotism to support his family by hiring his daughter, Madison, as the athletic department’s new art director.

Ms. Costello, a recent graduate of Holy Rosary Pre-K, is well known for her work with finger paints and play-doh.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Cats fans will think most of us are trolling but I can say with 100% honesty that thing is not aesthetically pleasing, at all. I have no expertise in architecture, design, or building but how that looks right now is absolutely “blah”. I’m sure it will work great and serve its purpose, but I’m positive if you are going to drop 20M then it should at least be pretty or cool looking.

Don’t worry. I work closely with all 3 areas mentioned and it still looks like shit to my eyes.

I truly believe that they set out to build the most unappealing building possible. From the cinder blocks to the asymmetrical everything, I just can't believe that they were trying to build something that looked good. It looks like a condemned manufacturing plant in the rust belt that used to make brake rotors for Oldsmobiles.

CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I truly believe that they set out to build the most unappealing building possible. From the cinder blocks to the asymmetrical everything, I just can't believe that they were trying to build something that looked good. It looks like a condemned manufacturing plant in the rust belt that used to make brake rotors for Oldsmobiles.
Agreed. It’s the greatest metal shed in MT. Congrats, MSC, you accomplished exactly what you set out to do

Aside from the fact that it looks like my neighbor and his knucklehead buddies designed it at their last Piss Run tailgate, I think we’re all missing the bigger fuck up—its location, location, location. Never got an explanation why it had to go there of all spots. Adjacent and contiguous to the playing surface?

It’s like MSC just conceded their stadia’s will always look like shit, never a true bowl. They could have covered up the shit pond and put the new shed over there, or anywhere. Could have used this SWxWWxNE corner as a cool beer garden, or, I don’t, more seats?

406 Grizzly said:
I understand the underlying idea of building the BAC as it was needed there, but it’s just so “blah”!

https://twitter.com/msubobcats/status/1435762079965745154?s=21
I thought you meant Blood Alcohol Content. Need a high one to look at that disaster.

Why are they in a hurry? JFC they knew their schedule LONG ago. Evidently these architectural and engineering geniuses have never heard two words: Completion Clause.

Good chance of the windows creating a major glare at times that will be hated by kickers.

Bertram said:
Good chance of the windows creating a major glare at times that will be hated by kickers.

Not to worry, Phase II will cover those windows, probably with a pole barn type structure that matches nothing currently in place. That’s the norm for BC Stadium.

They've had that scoreboard awhile now. It must be on permanent loan from Boulder Junior High, huh?

We can laugh at their facility all we want, but the Champions center has plenty of deficiencies of its own. When its all said and done, the nicest one in the big sky might be the one they are building at NAU.

jodcon said:
Are they doing the Date-a-Coach booze picnic again this year?

That was a stroke of genius.

You Jinxed us....
https://www.facebook.com/100273803396834/posts/4437708349653336/

Bertram said:
jodcon said:

You Jinxed us....

I'd like to sign up for that date with Coach. But, part of me is shy and, anyway, he'd probably just take me to Westside Lanes and spend the whole time in the bar instead of bowling with me.

FML

Every time I see a new post in this thread I expect to read the first sizable snowfall in Bozeman collapsed the roof.

Bertram said:
jodcon said:

You Jinxed us....
[/quote.

Question, How is this different then what msu did a few years ago?

It will be interesting to see how some of the trolls over her will try and spin this, or not comment at all

EverettGriz said:
They've had that scoreboard awhile now. It must be on permanent loan from Boulder Junior High, huh?

:thumb:
Just got here
for this thread.

Way to go cats !

Thanks for all the help in recruiting, they see that leggo building and they ain't going there.

God that is UGLY.

I suppose lack of class is as good as no class.

Cowboys84 said:
Bertram said:
You Jinxed us....

Question, How is this different then what msu did a few years ago?

It will be interesting to see how some of the trolls over her will try and spin this, or not comment at all

Did you just not bother to click the link? Here’s a brief and non-exhaustive rundown of the differences bc it appears you cannot read:

1. It’s not Ladies Only
2. There’s no date a coach option for ladies only
3. There’s no creepy “have a drink and relax” demand
4. I don’t see anything about a block of rooms at a hotel for after the ladies only date with a coach.
5. It’s an auction, not a pervy day/night camp.
6. The only think involving coaches is a day fishing with Hauck, you know, like a normal thing?

Hope this helps, troll.

I have seen this garage up close and in person. I love the garage doors and the unappealing design of the structure. Champions Center is way better--no comparison

Latest posts

Back