• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Conference Survivor - 2018

So I have a question, I was looking at the Big Sky standings so far for this year in BigSkyconf.com and ESPN. I noticed that UND is no longer in the standings. Now here is my question and yes it may involve math.

There are 13 teams in the conference.
There are 7 teams with 1-0 records.
There are 6 teams with 0-1 records.
Please tell me how that is possible.

Apparently, UND games count as Conference games but they aren't included in the standings and maybe can't win the Big Sky?

Week 2 for me... Montana

This is a tough week. I can honestly see arguments for all games to go either way.

IdahoGrizFan said:
So I have a question, I was looking at the Big Sky standings so far for this year in BigSkyconf.com and ESPN. I noticed that UND is no longer in the standings. Now here is my question and yes it may involve math.

Apparently, UND games count as Conference games but they aren't included in the standings and maybe can't win the Big Sky?

Yes. They count for the BSC team playing them, but not for them. They cannot win the conference, even if they went undefeated. Only at large bid

BWahlberg said:
Week 2 for me... Montana

This is a tough week. I can honestly see arguments for all games to go either way.

Exactly right (other than ewoo and bozo). I am going with NoDak, even though right now I think UNC may pull that off. Oh well, just a game!

AZDoc said:
BWahlberg said:
Week 2 for me... Montana

Exactly right (other than ewoo and bozo). I am going with NoDak, even though right now I think UNC may pull that off. Oh well, just a game!

After the season you're welcome to come over to the house and see the winning trophy and fabulous prizes. :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
AZDoc said:
BWahlberg said:
Week 2 for me... Montana

After the season you're welcome to come over to the house and see the winning trophy and fabulous prizes. :thumb:

Honestly as soon as I wrote that, I thought you’d do something like this! Mostly because I’d do the same :lol: :thumb:

AZDoc said:
Ursa Major said:
AZDoc said:
BWahlberg said:
Week 2 for me... Montana

Honestly as soon as I wrote that, I thought you’d do something like this! Mostly because I’d do the same :lol: :thumb:
:thumb: :clap:

AZDoc said:
IdahoGrizFan said:

Yes. They count for the BSC team playing them, but not for them. They cannot win the conference, even if they went undefeated. Only at large bid

#bsc.

Week two: MONTANA

Fahque: North Dakota
MTfan4life: Idaho
EverettGriz: Montana
AZDoc - North Dakota
227Griz - Idaho
WaGriz4life - Idaho
Montana37 - North Dakota
gowhenready - Idaho
Ursa Major - Montana
BWahlberg - Montana

EverettGriz, you made two different picks for week 2. You had EWU a few days ago and Montana recently. So for now, I have your second pick as the official one.

reinell30 and cujo, I still need your picks.

MTfan4life said:
EverettGriz, you made two different picks for week 2. You had EWU a few days ago and Montana recently. So for now, I have your second pick as the official one.

C’mon man. How do you think he got to where he’s already @ in life by only picking one? :lol:

bgbigdog said:
MTfan4life said:

C’mon man. How do you think he got to where he’s already @ in life by only picking one? :lol:

Picking one is for quitters. As an example, I’ve picked Betty Ford, Schick Shadel, Calif By The Sea, you name it.

bYoHNen.png

Two people didn't pick. Otherwise everyone else survives and advances.

Back