• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Power Rankings 2018

Htowngriz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
'68griz said:
mtgrizfankb said:
I think he probably thinks the fact WSU handled USD was more impressive than us scuffling to hold on in the second half of the UNI game. There are a lot of people that think we lucked out on the UNI win. Much like I think MSU lucked out on their WIU win.

"Lucky" wins count the same as "earned" wins.

yes they are but these are power rankings not conference rankings. Therefore the USD win in a convincing manner showed more power than our UNI game which we held on for dear life.
UNI is a better team than USD, though.

I guess well find out in two weeks

It’s EWU, Weber, UM, and Davis....besides that it doesn’t matter. Those 4 teams seem legit and could make some playoff noise...

marceagfan5 said:
It’s EWU, Weber, UM, and Davis....besides that it doesn’t matter. Those 4 teams seem legit and could make some playoff noise...

That’s what my top four looks like right now too. I don’t think we know enough about Davis to put them in the top three.

Davis went 5-6 last season. I think it’s really hard to judge an FCS team based on FBS matchups, which they have had two of. Idaho is just a disaster right now, and we have no idea how they will stack up against the rest of the BSC, so it’s hard to judge that win too. They had one really good home win against San Diego. That’s pretty bold to put them at #3 after a very average season last year, IMO.

I am anxious for that matchup in WA Griz though!

BIG SKY POWER RANKINGS: Week of October 13, 2018
https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-power-rankings-week-of-october-13-2018/

I get that we had a horrible loss, but for anyone that watches both the Cats and Griz it is apparent that the Griz are still a better team than the Cats. There is literally nothing to be excited about on the Cats team besides Troy Anderson and their secondary is pretty stout. I dont understand how they are ever ranked ahead of the Griz.....unless were back to counting "good losses".

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I get that we had a horrible loss, but for anyone that watches both the Cats and Griz it is apparent that the Griz are still a better team than the Cats. There is literally nothing to be excited about on the Cats team besides Troy Anderson and their secondary is pretty stout. I dont understand how they are ever ranked ahead of the Griz.....unless were back to counting "good losses".
They're also 2-0 vs. the two teams we are 0-2 against. I could give you WIU, since they barely beat them at home, and we barely lost to them on the road, but we both had PSU at home, and they handled them easily.

I think we're the better team, but on paper, it sure doesn't look like it.

uofmman1122 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
They're also 2-0 vs. the two teams we are 0-2 against. I could give you WIU, since they barely beat them at home, and we barely lost to them on the road, but we both had PSU at home, and they handled them easily.

MSU played PSU on the road.

VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

See!? Even worse! :lol:

uofmman1122 said:
VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

I don’t think msu got the same type of effort from PSU that we got... PSU was playing absolutely insane. Most teams seem to play their best game of the year against us at WA-Grizzly. I think teams really thrive playing in our “hostile” stadium, and when we play like crap, games like Saturday happen.

get'em_griz said:
uofmman1122 said:
VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:

I don’t think msu got the same type of effort from PSU that we got... PSU was playing absolutely insane. Most teams seem to play their best game of the year against us at WA-Grizzly. I think teams really thrive playing in our “hostile” stadium, and when we play like crap, games like Saturday happen.
I completely agree, but we still need to win those games when that happens, and we didn't.

For this week, I have no problem with anyone putting the Cats over us in the power rankings.

uofmman1122 said:
get'em_griz said:
uofmman1122 said:
VimSince03 said:

I completely agree, but we still need to win those games when that happens, and we didn't.

For this week, I have no problem with anyone putting the Cats over us in the power rankings.

We can't use that excuse forever. While I do agree tho that Montana and MSU at home usually get teams best shot..mostly just because of the atmosphere in my opinion. Nowhere else in the league do teams get hyped to play AT somewhere. Even if EWU is the best team...and they are...teams don't get hyped to go into Cheney. Talking to players on multiple teams its still kind of a drag and not a fun place to play. Montana and Montana State is a FUN place for teams to come albeit difficult at both places. On the road games I would venture to say EWU probably gets teams best efforts most the time.

uofmman1122 said:
VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

My opinion is that teams that you beat should be weighed much more heavily than teams you lose to.

get'em_griz said:
uofmman1122 said:
VimSince03 said:
uofmman1122 said:

oh. my. god. :eek:

this is an epic level of spinning if i've ever seen it. listen, wash-griz is a great stadium. it's often loud. sometimes cold. fans are pretty good when you're winning. i'm not taking anything away. but you can't be serious. you think psu was playing "absolutely amazing"?! could not possibly disagree more. i know psu sucks....but if you really think that effort was amazing play...then...wow.

these guys only had 22 first downs all game. they had 390 total yards. they only scored 22 points. and holy crap they fumbled 5 times and lost three of them. they were doing everything to lose that game and looked awful. you guys had more first downs, more rushing yards. more passing yards, obviously more total yards, you were better on 3rd down and had fewer penalty yards.

you guys lost because you turned the ball over like crazy and your offense was the worst i maybe have ever seen it. i know what it's like trying to spin bad losses. i've tried to do it over the years. but lets call a spade a spade. you guys both did everything to lose and in the end they had 2 more points than you....

ilovethecats said:
get'em_griz said:
uofmman1122 said:
VimSince03 said:

this is an epic level of spinning if i've ever seen it. listen, wash-griz is a great stadium. it's often loud. sometimes cold. fans are pretty good when you're winning. i'm not taking anything away. but you can't be serious. you think psu was playing "absolutely amazing"?! could not possibly disagree more. i know psu sucks....but if you really think that effort was amazing play...then...wow.

these guys only had 22 first downs all game. they had 390 total yards. they only scored 22 points. and holy crap they fumbled 5 times and lost three of them. they were doing everything to lose that game and looked awful. you guys had more first downs, more rushing yards. more passing yards, obviously more total yards, you were better on 3rd down and had fewer penalty yards.

you guys lost because you turned the ball over like crazy and your offense was the worst i maybe have ever seen it. i know what it's like trying to spin bad losses. i've tried to do it over the years. but lets call a spade a spade. you guys both did everything to lose and in the end they had 1 more point than you....

ilovethecats said:
get'em_griz said:
uofmman1122 said:
VimSince03 said:

you guys lost because you turned the ball over like crazy and your offense was the worst i maybe have ever seen it. i know what it's like trying to spin bad losses. i've tried to do it over the years. but lets call a spade a spade. you guys both did everything to lose and in the end they had 1 more point than you....

this is true!

DriscollCat said:
ilovethecats said:
get'em_griz said:
uofmman1122 said:

fixed! I stand by the rest though.... ;)

ilovethecats said:
get'em_griz said:
uofmman1122 said:
VimSince03 said:

you guys lost because you turned the ball over like crazy and your offense was the worst i maybe have ever seen it. i know what it's like trying to spin bad losses. i've tried to do it over the years. but lets call a spade a spade. you guys both did everything to lose and in the end they had 2 more points than you....

Ya, 100%. We dominated, steamrolled PSU. If they would have fumbled five times against us we probably would have beaten them 60 to 10.

Latest posts

Back