• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Power Rankings 2018

Walkon79 said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Walkon79 said:
All of a sudden it's crickets over here :)

Not that I should be talking of course :(

It's cause we suck

Feeling the same way over here in Bozo :(

No kidding. Didn't think I'd ever see the day where there are Big Sky teams ranked 4th, 5th, and 6th in the nation and MSU, um, and I suppose NAU for that matter are nowhere to be found in the top 25. Hell, Idaho State is even ranked above us.

BIG SKY POWER RANKINGS: First week of November 2018
https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-power-rankings-first-week-of-november-2018/

retiredpopo said:
Wow can’t believe picking southern Utah.

Have you seen the last three games? I mean I know a lot of you have picked the griz to win all three but you haven't managed to win any of them. It's called realism.

poorgriz said:
retiredpopo said:

Have you seen the last three games? I mean I know a lot of you have picked the griz to win all three but you haven't managed to win any of them. It's called realism.

yes and I have picked us to win each time foolishly perhaps, but I have also followed SU all year and if you think our OL is struggling the DL for Su is going to make our OL look much better.

retiredpopo said:
poorgriz said:
retiredpopo said:

yes and I have picked us to win each time foolishly perhaps, but I have also followed SU all year and if you think our OL is struggling the DL for Su is going to make our OL look much better.

This will seem like a cop out since the story was already posted but we actually picked Montana in the game this weekend, just forgot to change it. I copied that schedule from the file of our pre-season picks.

This summer, we picked the Griz to go 7-4 with losses to Western Illinois, North Dakota, UC Davis and Southern Utah. That SUU loss was preceded by the Portland State loss. SUU has struggled mightily and is on its fourth quarterback, a freshman former walk-on in Tyler Skidmore. I doubt he'll be able to handle UM's complex blitzing defense. We are picking Montana on Saturday.

I'm actually really glad you questioned this pick so I could change it to our actual prediction. So thanks!

Hey stranger things have happened. Southern Utah has recovered 7 fumbles this year which would be tied for 3rd in the conference, and well we all know Montana's struggles holding onto the ball recently.

In other words, if you have a -3 or worse turnover margin you lose most games no matter how outmatched your opponent is.

Plus it's an away game.

BIG SKY ROUNDUP: League leaders all win, Idaho State stays alive as playoff race heats up
https://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-roundup-league-leaders-all-win-idaho-state-stays-alive-as-playoff-race-heats-up/

CatzWillRise said:
Hey stranger things have happened. Southern Utah has recovered 7 fumbles this year which would be tied for 3rd in the conference, and well we all know Montana's struggles holding onto the ball recently.

In other words, if you have a -3 or worse turnover margin you lose most games no matter how outmatched your opponent is.

Plus it's an away game.

That post did not age well. :lol:
FTC!
Go Griz!

Back