• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby

CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:
Who want to be me, and probably Kem and others, on whether the Griz are a very good team, and good playoff team, by year 3?

AllWeather? CDA?

Who wants to bet us that Hauck can't build the program back into a good playoff team?

Everett? AllWeather?

Who really believes that Hauck only got the Griz at or near the top last time, because he inherited a good team from Glenn?

Which of you wants to take the position that Stitt, if he were still here, would have a much better o-line this season?

Speak up. Can any of you naysayers make a serious and substantive football comment? Jeez, some of you guys are letting argh run circles around you with substantive football comments?

I'm on your side here. I admit I used to think BH just "inherited" the program last time to make the NC by year two. I think I've already noted that I didn't realize how bad things were sliding last time when he took over for Glenn until I read some posts by those closer than I was to the program. BH has proven he can build powerhouse from a downward slide in a very short time frame, and I have full faith that he'll do it again this time.

I do too, but Stitt's program was way below Glenn's, so there will be more building. I'm am year 3 guy. BH will build the program more by year 3, but the road to a national championship will be longer because the road is longer. And, not only had the quality deteriorated recently, the winning attitude and tradition had slipped a bit. The guys on the team now apparently have a great attitude and want to win. Bobby really likes the kids and the team, I am told.

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:
Who want to be me, and probably Kem and others, on whether the Griz are a very good team, and good playoff team, by year 3?

AllWeather? CDA?

Who wants to bet us that Hauck can't build the program back into a good playoff team?

Everett? AllWeather?

Who really believes that Hauck only got the Griz at or near the top last time, because he inherited a good team from Glenn?

Which of you wants to take the position that Stitt, if he were still here, would have a much better o-line this season?

Speak up. Can any of you naysayers make a serious and substantive football comment? Jeez, some of you guys are letting argh run circles around you with substantive football comments?

I'm on your side here. I admit I used to think BH just "inherited" the program last time to make the NC by year two. I think I've already noted that I didn't realize how bad things were sliding last time when he took over for Glenn until I read some posts by those closer than I was to the program. BH has proven he can build powerhouse from a downward slide in a very short time frame, and I have full faith that he'll do it again this time.

I do too, but Stitt's program was way below Glenn's, so there will be more building. I'm am year 3 guy. BH will build the program more by year 3, but the road to a national championship will be longer because the road is longer. And, not only had the quality deteriorated recently, the winning attitude and tradition had slipped a bit. The guys on the team now apparently have a great attitude and want to win. Bobby really likes the kids and the team, I am told.

Ok PR - I've seen you post this probably at least five times if not more and I just got to ask. Is there any college football player alive today - on any team - at any level - that doesn't want to win? Oh I'm sure there might be one or two out of the tens of thousands that really do want to lose in order to spite a coach or teammate but c'mon..... seriously.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:

AllWeather? CDA?

Everett? AllWeather?

Ok PR - I've seen you post this probably at least five times if not more and I just got to ask. Is there any college football player alive today - on any team - at any level - that doesn't want to win? Oh I'm sure there might be one or two out of the tens of thousands that really do want to lose in order to spite a coach or teammate but c'mon..... seriously.

Yes, there are ones that don't really care, especially on teams that aren't used to winning, or on teams that are having a crappy year. "Wanting to win", in my parlance, means have a burning desire to win, and willingness to put in huge effort, in the offseason, the season, and during games, to figure out a way to win.

It takes more than just waking up on Saturday morning, and thinking to oneself, I hope we win today.

Did you ever play the game? Just curious.

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:

AllWeather? CDA?

Everett? AllWeather?

See, I thought so, too. I thought the state of the program BH inherited when he began his last stint was way above what he inherited this time. Then, I was reading posts on here over the last few days from others about how that may not have been the case. I suppose that led to my confusion more than anything. I'm all aboard the year 3 train.

PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Yes, there are ones that don't really care, especially on teams that aren't used to winning, or on teams that are having a crappy year. "Wanting to win", in my parlance, means have a burning desire to win, and willingness to put in huge effort, in the offseason, the season, and during games, to figure out a way to win.

It takes more than just waking up on Saturday morning, and thinking to oneself, I hope we win today.

Yes, I played the game at a very high level (MT Class A LOL), and I absolutely loved it. I also really wanted to win every game as did all my team mates and coaches. I totally agree with you when you phrase it differently and throw in "burning desire" and "willingness to put in huge effort". It's just the "they want to win" comment that screams..... well no shit, who doesn't.

They other no shit one is "Bobby likes this team." First off, no shit because he already kicked off all the players he didn't like, and secondly if he still thought he had a bunch of weak ass, soft slackers, he certainly wouldn't be telling boosters that.

poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:
poorgriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Yes, I played the game at a very high level (MT Class A LOL), and I absolutely loved it. I also really wanted to win every game as did all my team mates and coaches. I totally agree with you when you phrase it differently and throw in "burning desire" and "willingness to put in huge effort". It's just the "they want to win" comment that screams..... well no shit, who doesn't.

They other no shit one is "Bobby likes this team." First off, no shit because he already kicked off all the players he didn't like, and secondly if he still thought he had a bunch of weak ass, soft slackers, he certainly wouldn't be telling boosters that.

So, I take it that you do understand that some players and teams want to win more than others, and are willing to work and fight harder in the offseason and in the games in order to win?

Bobby has been saying he likes the team, including its willingness to work hard and want to win, from shortly after he got here. My impression is that he was a bit surprised, based on what he had seen and heard from before he arrived. He also has continued to say, at least as of several weeks ago, that there has been a lot of buy-in and such level of buy-in is unusual so other in a coaching change.

Bobby isn't just saying this to boosters. He is saying it to his good friends too. I think he is being completely honest.

As I have said before, I always find it interesting that people not in the know and people with know inside knowledge, like to challenge people who are in the know.

I don't think Hauck kicked off the team the players he didn't like or even the bulk of them. Where did you come up with that? Assume you just made it up.

I am fine with MT class A, by the way. It's just that you sometimes say things that have made me wonder if you had ever been in a football locker room. Not everything. Just some things.

By the way, I think the level of the desire to win evidences itself more in college, and becomes much more important then. Talent is important at all levels, but one can succeed in high school with varying levels of talent and/or desire. In college, the talent level is way up and almost everyone has talent. The desire part, along with heart, tends to be more of a distinguishing factor, I believe. That's why rivalry games can be won, and often are, by a team with less talent or a team not having a successful year. Perhaps that is part of the reason the Cats beat the Griz the last 2 years. I don't know, but a number of former Griz told me that they thought the Cats exhibited a higher desire to win those games. I didn't even see the game 2 years ago. Was on a plane.

Agree all that. Long story short, some players REALLY want to win and are willing to put in the extra effort and commitment to make it happen. It's a process and when you get an entire team with the same mindset, and add in good talent and good coaching, that's how you build a championship program. That's what Choate has been preaching from day one. I think the Bobcats are getting there now that we're in year three. Not sure if we're quite there yet in terms of winning the Big Sky and making a deep run in the playoffs but I do think we'll get there. One thing I do know is that I've never seen any Choate-led players take a play off. They fight until the final whistle. Huge game Saturday.

Also agree MSU was able to beat the griz with a lesser team, because of attitude and physicality. I also think that's why PSU beat you.

poorgriz said:
One thing I do know is that I've never seen any Choate-led players take a play off.
Were the Xanax players the same dude(s) in the infamous up-down video who were dogging it worse than a manny machado grounder into the shift? And we’re those Chote-led or Ashole recruits?

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
One thing I do know is that I've never seen any Choate-led players take a play off.
Were the Xanax players the same dude(s) in the infamous up-down video who were dogging it worse than a manny machado grounder into the shift? And we’re those Chote-led or Ashole recruits?

Still the best Cat video of the ChoachOat era, funked out with a Xanny twist.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Take a play off or make a playoff?

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
Bobby called the team “average” last night in the presser.

I think he’s being generous in his assessment. Lowering the expectations bar week after week.

Genius.

My view is that Bobby is just being realistic. What's wrong with that? Bobby didn't say anything to create high expectations for this year. In fact, he consistently was saying that the team was young and inexperienced, and there were holes.

You post as if you think a coach who is honest is doing something wrong.
He certainly isn't DOING anything to create high expectations either. Again, genius.

I sure hope that if/when we get another coach, you give them more than 1/2 a season! Stitt had a fair chance! It would sure be nice if we could give Bobby that same chance. Btw, Bobby's not the one who coughed up the ball 13 times in three games, although, he did accept more of the blame than Stitt ever did.

Back