• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobby

PlayerRep said:
Butte5518 said:
PlayerRep said:
I don't disagree with you. However, Bobby has a big reputation for teaching ball security.

It seems odd that the team has had 1 fumble in 4 wins, and 9 fumbles in 3 losses. If I got my numbers right.

with all due respect Hauck teams are always at the bottom of the league for turnover stats. His record at UNLV includes
2010 - 7th worst of 9
2011 7th worst of 8
2012 8th worst of 10
2013 7th worst of 9
2014 9th worst of 12
Bobby is a poser with no actual success other than taking over a once successful program!!

I believe Hauck had terrific turnover stats at UM, which is the most relevant comparison. UNLV stats were influenced by having a bad team in a good conference.

time doesn't stand still, and college football at the level that draws the attention of the griz is a "what have you done for me now?" business. the most relevant comparison is the earlier games this season. overall, not good, but not terrible, either. what are they, -1 or -2 in turnovers? also, whether they can hold the other team's offense after a turnover is an important measure, too.

Spanky2 said:
Everett can’t accept that Bobby Hauck is one of the greatest coaches in UM history and his hero , Stitt, failed at UM.

Stitt is easily in the top 40 coaches all time at Montana

I firmly believe Bobby is stressing it.....but, not sure what he can do more. If he sits everyone after a fumble they won't be able to field a team worth a damn with the number that have happened. I think worrying about it every second by players can be counter productive. Perhaps sit the ones that do it more often, or don't carry it correctly. They are not doing it on purpose, and if they carry it correctly sometimes the defense just makes a good play. I think his only move now is to coach not trying to get an extra yard when that yard is not a TD or first down. Like a QB throwing it away to avoid dumb turnovers and just move on to next play. Seems a number have been ripped out struggling to keep going after contact. I also think Rosy could help in play calling by not calling plays that require tricky handoffs (to a TE in FB position going quick count, or a jet sweep which requires perfect timing, any handoff that comes close to LOS, oline is getting penetrated so quickly it is a set up for disaster). KISS..."keep it simple stupid" in ball transitions.

Ursus1 said:
I firmly believe Bobby is stressing it.....but, not sure what he can do more. If he sits everyone after a fumble they won't be able to field a team worth a damn with the number that have happened. I think worrying about it every second by players can be counter productive. Perhaps sit the ones that do it more often, or don't carry it correctly. They are not doing it on purpose, and if they carry it correctly sometimes the defense just makes a good play. I think his only move now is to coach not trying to get an extra yard when that yard is not a TD or first down. Like a QB throwing it away to avoid dumb turnovers and just move on to next play. Seems a number have been ripped out struggling to keep going after contact. I also think Rosy could help in play calling by not calling plays that require tricky handoffs (to a TE in FB position going quick count, or a jet sweep which requires perfect timing, any handoff that comes close to LOS, oline is getting penetrated so quickly it is a set up for disaster). KISS..."keep it simple stupid" in ball transitions.

This is where I line up too.

After reading the latest article in the missoulian. I know,I know...
some comments by coach certainly implies his lack of belief I guess you might say in what this team can do. There is nothing said that gives you confidence something will change. The article also indicates coach is sticking with Sneed! That in some way is concerning with what we have seen from Sneed the past couple weeks. Or is this coach possibly sending Davis off to prepare for Sneed and CH starts at QB?
Honestly I get the impression from the article that some of these kids aren’t buying into the process. Why that maybe I am not sure. Could be Stitt recruits not liking the system or youth with lack of desire and drive.

ORGUNGRIZ said:
some comments by coach certainly implies his lack of belief I guess you might say in what this team can do. There is nothing said that gives you confidence something will change. The article also indicates coach is sticking with Sneed! That in some way is concerning with what we have seen from Sneed the past couple weeks. Or is this coach possibly sending Davis off to prepare for Sneed and CH starts at QB?
Honestly I get the impression from the article that some of these kids aren’t buying into the process. Why that maybe I am not sure. Could be Stitt recruits not liking the system or youth with lack of desire and drive.

The quote that concerned me was where he said that they weren't "surprised" by anything UND nor PSU did....yet in both cases they looked wholly unprepared for what they were doing.

AZGrizFan said:
ORGUNGRIZ said:

The quote that concerned me was where he said that they weren't "surprised" by anything UND nor PSU did....yet in both cases they looked wholly unprepared for what they were doing.

Or maybe, just maybe, the talent they could put on the field fell a little short also.

if I was a griz fan, or especially a player I think i'd like haucks comments. you guys turned the ball over a thousand times in 2 games. makes it nearly impossible to win. I like his message that psu and und didn't do anything surprising. he's putting the losses 100% on the turnovers. that's promising for the team if they believe they can beat anyone if they hold on to the rock.

now, I don't know if you would have beaten und without the turnovers. no one does because you didn't even allow it to be an option. but you handed psu the win. so I think it's great coach speak...and most likely true that these teams didn't do anything that caught your staff off guard. you gave the ball away too many times to have that even be an option.

2 cents...

ilovethecats said:
if I was a griz fan, or especially a player I think i'd like haucks comments. you guys turned the ball over a thousand times in 2 games. makes it nearly impossible to win. I like his message that psu and und didn't do anything surprising. he's putting the losses 100% on the turnovers. that's promising for the team if they believe they can beat anyone if they hold on to the rock.

now, I don't know if you would have beaten und without the turnovers. no one does because you didn't even allow it to be an option. but you handed psu the win. so I think it's great coach speak...and most likely true that these teams didn't do anything that caught your staff off guard. you gave the ball away too many times to have that even be an option.

2 cents...

True 100% on PSU and at least with UND we'd have had a fighting chance. 28 easy points off TO's ain't gonna win 99/100 games...

Butte5518 said:
PlayerRep said:
I don't disagree with you. However, Bobby has a big reputation for teaching ball security.

It seems odd that the team has had 1 fumble in 4 wins, and 9 fumbles in 3 losses. If I got my numbers right.

with all due respect Hauck teams are always at the bottom of the league for turnover stats. His record at UNLV includes
2010 - 7th worst of 9
2011 7th worst of 8
2012 8th worst of 10
2013 7th worst of 9
2014 9th worst of 12
Bobby is a poser with no actual success other than taking over a once successful program!!
Holy crap! This troll is still posting here?
Dude, talk all the shit you want about the Griz on the Griz site (ha ha what a wasted life) but you should at least change your name. Are you trying to ruin this business?
https://5518designs.com

My guess is that you are either the owner or a friend/relative with him and you thought it would be cool to start an account with the same name but now that everyone here sees you as the douche bag you are, it is reflecting badly on this new business. Why?

ilovethecats said:

2 cents...
Very, very good points.

uofmman1122 said:
ilovethecats said:

2 cents...
Very, very good points.

UM also "gave" WI the win, with turnovers and then a late punt return and turnover.

I agree on UND. Griz would have been in the game in first half without 3 quick turnovers, but who knows where they would have ended up. UND is pretty good and it's 3 running backs are terrific.

PlayerRep said:
Butte5518 said:
TCCGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
What's incorrect in 5518's post?

And take your politics off the football board.

Hello, Was asking him a question . Let's see if you can answer smarty pants . "Who's Cadillac did he take over in 07,08,09 ? "
The political part was a "JOKE" snowflake . Get over it .

OK cupcake, I will bite... in 07,08, and 09 BH had a total of 4 losses (2 of those in NC games for which he NEVER WON)... the program he inherited from Glenn had 5 losses in a similar 3 year stint but with a NC in one of those... if you believe BH to be wildly successful in 07-09 then you must agree Glenn was at least equally successful thus turning over a wildly successful program to BH... facts hurt cupcake!

In reality, BH is no more than a poser and his post sports car record is proof of that!

Glenn had 6 losses, not 5, just for the record.

How do you explain 4 losses to end the season in 2002, including a loss to Cats and first round loss in the playoffs? Is that your idea of an upward trend?

Yes, Glenn had a great run at UM, but not at the end of his last season.

I have no dog in this fight, but as I recall the Griz were decimated by injuries toward the end of 2002.

Which is the same reason the Griz smoked a MASH unit ND last year (2 years ago?), which cuts the other way (I think?) in this argument/tempest in a teacup/discussion/shouting match/bitchfest/whine-a-thon.

Carry on.

CrunchGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Butte5518 said:
TCCGRIZ said:
Hello, Was asking him a question . Let's see if you can answer smarty pants . "Who's Cadillac did he take over in 07,08,09 ? "
The political part was a "JOKE" snowflake . Get over it .

OK cupcake, I will bite... in 07,08, and 09 BH had a total of 4 losses (2 of those in NC games for which he NEVER WON)... the program he inherited from Glenn had 5 losses in a similar 3 year stint but with a NC in one of those... if you believe BH to be wildly successful in 07-09 then you must agree Glenn was at least equally successful thus turning over a wildly successful program to BH... facts hurt cupcake!

In reality, BH is no more than a poser and his post sports car record is proof of that!

How do you explain 4 losses to end the season in 2002, including a loss to Cats and first round loss in the playoffs? Is that your idea of an upward trend?

I have no dog in this fight, but as I recall the Griz were decimated by injuries toward the end of 2002.

Which is the same reason the Griz smoked a MASH unit ND last year (2 years ago?), which cuts the other way (I think?) in this argument/tempest in a teacup/discussion/shouting match/bitchfest/whine-a-thon.

Carry on.

Agreed, if I recall correctly.
Bobby built a decimated program on the decline to an NC appearance in year two (2004, when I still think we were the best team in the nation). No reason to expect he won't make a similar run in year two this time around.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bobby built a decimated program on the decline to an NC appearance in year two (2004, when I still think we were the best team in the nation).

Agreed. Very few people remember the sad state of affairs that Bobby inherited his first time here, and how he totally turned things around with a combination of ground & pound, special teams and error-free football. You can already see it happening again. Go Griz!

CDAGRIZ said:
CrunchGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Butte5518 said:

Carry on.

Agreed, if I recall correctly.
Bobby built a decimated program on the decline to an NC appearance in year two (2004, when I still think we were the best team in the nation). No reason to expect he won't make a similar run in year two this time around.

Lol. :lol: I gotta hand it to ya CDA - you are pretty clever

Who wants to bet me, and probably Kem and others, on whether the Griz are a very good team, and good playoff team, by year 3?

AllWeather? CDA?

Who wants to bet us that Hauck can't build the program back into a good playoff team?

Everett? AllWeather?

Who really believes that Hauck only got the Griz at or near the top last time, because he inherited a good team from Glenn?

Which of you wants to take the position that Stitt, if he were still here, would have a much better o-line this season?

Speak up. Can any of you naysayers make a serious and substantive football comment? Jeez, some of you guys are letting argh run circles around you with substantive football comments?

PlayerRep said:
Who want to be me, and probably Kem and others, on whether the Griz are a very good team, and good playoff team, by year 3?

AllWeather? CDA?

Who wants to bet us that Hauck can't build the program back into a good playoff team?

Everett? AllWeather?

Who really believes that Hauck only got the Griz at or near the top last time, because he inherited a good team from Glenn?

Which of you wants to take the position that Stitt, if he were still here, would have a much better o-line this season?

Speak up. Can any of you naysayers make a serious and substantive football comment? Jeez, some of you guys are letting argh run circles around you with substantive football comments?

I'm on your side here. I admit I used to think BH just "inherited" the program last time to make the NC by year two. I think I've already noted that I didn't realize how bad things were sliding last time when he took over for Glenn until I read some posts by those closer than I was to the program. BH has proven he can build powerhouse from a downward slide in a very short time frame, and I have full faith that he'll do it again this time.

Back