• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Buschini gets caught in politics

wbtfg said:
At first he was getting pummeled by the crazy lefties for supporting a racist fascist, now he 's getting pummeled by the crazy righties for caving to to the woke cancel culture. On top of that, he plays football for Nebraska. Poor kid can't catch a break.

Got to play for Scott Frost for all of 10 seconds!!!

I think there is a proverb somewhere about being involved in Italian politics… as another “Italian” I steer clear of the wild machinations of parliamentary and/or nationalist politics is the old country. Too much of it is stained in blood. Practically all of it for that matter. At least now it’s largely metaphorical blood.

Learning experience for piccolo Brian. Poviro bambino!

CDAGRIZ said:
SoldierGriz said:
Jack Stack in Kansas City is the King of BBQ. No place in the world comes close.

Never heard of it. Can’t be elite.

I have spent a lot of time in KC, and actually am a certified BBQ judge...yes, it's true. Jack Stack is a solid choice, but my favorite in KC is Oklahoma Joe's (Now Kansas City Joe's). It is in a sinclair gas station with dinosaurs in front. Crazy good. Best Brisket I have had though is in Austin at a place called Terry Black's. Franklins was good, but aaaaaall hype. Line was 3 hours long. I make good BBQ and my family always want me to make it for events. They volunteer me all the time. Someone on here said Dickey's...nope. Need to try a real BBQ place, then Dicky's won't even register. As far as chains go, Famous Dave's is decent. Man...now I need to smoke a Brisket this weekend.

WaGriz4life said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Speaking of politics, what are peoples’ top 5 BBQ places in the US? For me, it’s:

1. Lewis Barbecue: The owner trained Aaron Franklin in the game. This Charleston, SC spot has the real deal offset smokers and all the goods served the right way. I know it’s not in Texas, but it’s definitely Texas brisket. Ridiculously good.

2. Franklin Barbecue: This Austin, TX spot is trendy, and has great marketing, but the results speak for themselves. Fantastic everything, smoked on true post oak. Best brisket, but Lewis edges it out in the overall ranking.

3. Famous Dave’s: This multiple location spot has it all if you’re in the mood for great BBQ. From sweet ribs to savory brisket, this is the place. They smoke it low and slow in a 375 degree oven, so you know it’s good.

4. Jack’s BBQ: This Seattle spot is a must visit when you’re craving true Texas BBQ. Baked beans are impeccable, and the chicken is delectable. Give it a shot.

5. Gen: This multiple location place has the best ribs you’ll ever eat. You get to sear them yourself over high heat at the table and go to town chewing them up. Great BBQ ribs. Truly Seoul food.

What say you? Sound off in the comments.
1. Terry Black’s (Austin, TX)
2. Lil’ Miss BBQ (Tempe, AZ)
3. Mac’s Speed Shop (Charlotte, NC)
4. Phil’s (San Diego, CA)
5. Riverhouse (Big Sky, MT)

If the Griz ever grace us with their presence in Frisco. Be sure to hit up Hutchins in Frisco. It rivals Terry Blacks in my opinion. Also Pecan Lodge in Dallas is right up there as well.

AZDoc said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Never heard of it. Can’t be elite.

I have spent a lot of time in KC, and actually am a certified BBQ judge...yes, it's true. Jack Stack is a solid choice, but my favorite in KC is Oklahoma Joe's (Now Kansas City Joe's). It is in a sinclair gas station with dinosaurs in front. Crazy good. Best Brisket I have had though is in Austin at a place called Terry Black's. Franklins was good, but aaaaaall hype. Line was 3 hours long. I make good BBQ and my family always want me to make it for events. They volunteer me all the time. Someone on here said Dickey's...nope. Need to try a real BBQ place, then Dicky's won't even register. As far as chains go, Famous Dave's is decent. Man...now I need to smoke a Brisket this weekend.

Dude, FD’s is hot garbage.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZDoc said:

The qualifier was “as far as chains go.” That being said, you are doing garbage dirty by comparing it to FD.

PDXGrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The qualifier was “as far as chains go.” That being said, you are doing garbage dirty by comparing it to FD.

Oh all chains are crap, but it's the best of the worst. And let's be honest...any of those, it is very user dependent. If the employees don't know how to use the tools to cook, it is even worse.

CDAGRIZ said:
WaGriz4life said:
1. Terry Black’s (Austin, TX)
2. Lil’ Miss BBQ (Tempe, AZ)
3. Mac’s Speed Shop (Charlotte, NC)
4. Phil’s (San Diego, CA)
5. Riverhouse (Big Sky, MT)

I’m gonna need a description of #3 and #5 to understand how they could beat Famous Dave’s for true BBQ.

Phil's for chain BBQ isn't bad. Their beef ribs are as good as anything I've found in San Diego that didn't destroy the actual flavor of the beef to be 'artisan' with shitty smoked wood combinations. They get a little heavy handed with the sauce and prefer to consume their Ribs and Trip Tip Sandwhiches without it.

Still believe in my 'shithole' theory about BBQ and Mexican food. The sketchier and more out of the way it is, the better food you are going to find.

I’d recommend the BBQ special on Netflix. Some really interesting places, in some cases not much bigger than a wide spot in the road. Franklin is awfully good. The wait is ridiculous.

Well, I'll check out the American Royal at the Speedway in K.C. for all of you Friday afternoon. Then, go to Columbia where the real pros are going to be going at it. What is better? St. Louis or K.C. BBQ? Soldier's correct. Jack Stack is pretty decent.

"The first rule of italian driving, what behind me is not important". This declares Raul Julia as the fictional Ferrai-driving Italian racer driver “Franco” in the 1976 low-budget movie comedy. “The Gumball Rally. As he utters the line, he rips the rearview mirror from his 1972 Ferrari Daytona and cavalierly tosses it over his shoulder.

Italian driving or Italian politics.
Going way out on a limb here, but I'll bet Buschini is Italian. How dare he have an opinion, especially if it ain't left wing. Che palle! Anyone have the balls to go to Butte and utter your opinions? Basta!

He shouldn't apologize, but what are you gonna do when the Lefties come after you and you're still just a kid?
Anyone who has traditional social values, like the belief that humans are born either a boy or girl, that large families are a good thing, that marriage is between man and a woman, and life begins at conception, is going to be called a "Fascist.," Although most of the Left do not even know what Fascism is. Good thing Mussolini (the father of Fascism) tells you exactly what it is...
https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/mod/mussolini-fascism.asp

SoldierGriz said:
It is ridiculous. But, there is not a single athlete out there who hasn't been given the social media speech by their coaches...for years...dozens of times.

Hint: don't post.
Hint: Make accounts private.
Hint: Stick to promoting your brand, teams, school, sport.

THEY ALL KNOW THIS.

Says the 'politruk.'

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Yukon said:
Meloni is not a facist or racist. Should never have apologized. Stay away from fake news, people.

Took 3 posts before the nut jobs came to comment.
Nothing nut job about that post. Yukon bothered to know about Meloni rather than follow the Left talking points.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Great list.

If you’re in Pocatello, be sure to check out Dickeys BBQ Pit.

Thanks! I’d try Dickey’s in Pocatello, but the wife always wants to eat somewhere fancy like Jakers when we’re there.

Ah, fine dining places. Understandable.

First off, there isn't anyone on this topic that can't make the best BBQ at home with a little experimentation. Whatever you like, of the best of all the variations out there, is the best by definition, as is what I make at home for our tastes. Restaurants that try to appeal to a broader audience and greater numbers as the large chains do usually have a blander, tougher or mushy product.

While at the Mayo Clinic we discovered Roscoe's in Rochester, Minnesota and they had pork and beef barbeque that was exceptional. Rib rub and sauce that won regional competitions and top ribbons at State Fairs around the Midwest. I was sorry to see them close in 2017 after 37 years but you can still find their rub and sauces on line or in grocery stores. https://kroc.com/roscoes-bbq-in-rochester-is-closing/. FYI, the secret in their sauce is anchovy paste.

Back