• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Buschini gets caught in politics

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Yukon said:
Meloni is not a facist or racist. Should never have apologized. Stay away from fake news, people.

Took 3 posts before the nut jobs came to comment.
I believe a nut job is someone who believes the cabal media at there word like lemmings. Please think for yourself and do your own homework.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Another great off topic. Is Denver's Airport the most f###[#] up one in the country?
Oh boy, You have no idea. Don't even get me started on that place.

3-7-77 said:
SoldierGriz said:
It is ridiculous. But, there is not a single athlete out there who hasn't been given the social media speech by their coaches...for years...dozens of times.

Hint: don't post.
Hint: Make accounts private.
Hint: Stick to promoting your brand, teams, school, sport.

THEY ALL KNOW THIS.

Says the 'politruk.'

Had to look that up. Thanks, I learned something.

Living in Cape Girardeau, MO, there is plenty of good BBQ around here. Indeed, the smokers at Notorious PIG were made here. However, the best BBQ I've ever had was in Wallace, ID. The place was downtown on the old highway and had their smoker in a parking spot on the street.

Unfortunately, I heard the place closed.

Edit: Yeah, the place is closed. There is now a Gastropub in the building (Cogs)--it looks pretty good too.

kurtismichael said:
We should rename this thread eGriz gets caught in BBQ

Took a deep breath when I saw this thread was 4 pages long... opened it... and for the most part have been pleasantly surprised haha. :thumb:

grizpsych said:
Living in Cape Girardeau, MO, there is plenty of good BBQ around here. Indeed, the smokers at Notorious PIG were made here. However, the best BBQ I've ever had was in Wallace, ID. The place was downtown on the old highway and had their smoker in a parking spot on the street.

Unfortunately, I heard the place closed.

Edit: Yeah, the place is closed. There is now a Gastropub in the building (Cogs)--it looks pretty good too.

I used to go through that general area. The smoker was for show. The legit stuff was made in the crockpots in the kitchen. Side of fry sauce and liquid smoke, and you were all set.

EverettGriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Speaking of politics, what are peoples’ top 5 BBQ places in the US? For me, it’s:

1. Lewis Barbecue: The owner trained Aaron Franklin in the game. This Charleston, SC spot has the real deal offset smokers and all the goods served the right way. I know it’s not in Texas, but it’s definitely Texas brisket. Ridiculously good.

2. Franklin Barbecue: This Austin, TX spot is trendy, and has great marketing, but the results speak for themselves. Fantastic everything, smoked on true post oak. Best brisket, but Lewis edges it out in the overall ranking.

3. Famous Dave’s: This multiple location spot has it all if you’re in the mood for great BBQ. From sweet ribs to savory brisket, this is the place. They smoke it low and slow in a 375 degree oven, so you know it’s good.

4. Jack’s BBQ: This Seattle spot is a must visit when you’re craving true Texas BBQ. Baked beans are impeccable, and the chicken is delectable. Give it a shot.

5. Gen: This multiple location place has the best ribs you’ll ever eat. You get to sear them yourself over high heat at the table and go to town chewing them up. Great BBQ ribs. Truly Seoul food.

What say you? Sound off in the comments.

Great list.

If you’re in Pocatello, be sure to check out Dickeys BBQ Pit.
Just up the road is Texas Roadhouse!!!

BWahlberg said:
kurtismichael said:
We should rename this thread eGriz gets caught in BBQ

Took a deep breath when I saw this thread was 4 pages long... opened it... and for the most part have been pleasantly surprised haha. :thumb:

You shouldn't be surprised we like BBQ. You know many of us and have seen our, uh, physiques.

EverettGriz said:
BWahlberg said:
You shouldn't be surprised we like BBQ. You know many of us and have seen our, uh, physiques.
Here, the diversions are vastly better than the original topic.

Personally, I’ve had good to great BBQ all over the country. As some have suggested, the little specialty places are most often the best. Can’t recall the little place’s name, but the best in Massachusetts was in a podunk town just north of Boston. Also, way back in the day, we had great Texas BBQ at Atlanta Underground … the owners were some airline pilots from Texas. Also in the Washington, D.C. area, and on the river a half hour drive from Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Plus, of course, KC and Austin.

But it’s impossible, IMO, to pick a “best” because it depends upon individual preference and the mood you happen to be in. Hell, we even had a better-than-acceptable BBQ joint here in Idaho Falls.

Perhaps my most unique experience was at a place not too far south of San Antonio. (The wide spot in the road is now surely part of the SA metroplex.) I was there on business and one of my hosts tipped me off to this place. They had two claims to fame (and had clippings to prove it): First, they slo-cooked the meat about a week. All right, maybe more like overnight. Second, they cooked/smoked the slab entirely with mesquite wood. My recollection of the “facility” was that it was a converted garage/filling station. You got your slab of meat and sat at an ad hoc communal mix of tables, at least one of which was a picnic table. (Indoors out of the rain, which was good in my case.) No fancy sauce, just a bit of au jus. The BBQ was super-tender and super-tasty. I also want to say you ate with plastic forks and knives, but that may be a faulty memory after all these years.

There is no better bbq than in Carolina, the one where most people still have their teeth. South Carolina invented the bbq and others are merely weak attempts to emulate what took centuries to develolp. In Orangeburg, there are a multitude of bbq houses, Antley's and Duke's the most favored. BBQ is not just a cheap piece of meat like in Texas and elsewhere that ends up tasting like smoked cardboard, but a near religious experience. But it also means pitchers of sweet tea on the tables with rows of paper towel. pulled pork, plus a buffet of collards corn, beans, mac pie, yams, potato salad, all for $11.00 and no limit...Scott's in Henderson ville was great, too, until they moved to Charleston which is something entirely different. This is mustard sauce country, but today, a bit overly wet and windy. So, no bbq on this week end....

GrizLA said:
There is no better bbq than in Carolina, the one where most people still have their teeth. South Carolina invented the bbq and others are merely weak attempts to emulate what took centuries to develolp. In Orangeburg, there are a multitude of bbq houses, Antley's and Duke's the most favored. BBQ is not just a cheap piece of meat like in Texas and elsewhere that ends up tasting like smoked cardboard, but a near religious experience. But it also means pitchers of sweet tea on the tables with rows of paper towel. pulled pork, plus a buffet of collards corn, beans, mac pie, yams, potato salad, all for $11.00 and no limit...Scott's in Henderson ville was great, too, until they moved to Charleston which is something entirely different. This is mustard sauce country, but today, a bit overly wet and windy. So, no bbq on this week end....

Mustard sauce….. :puke: :puke: :puke:

UncleRico said:
BWahlberg said:
More messed up than LAX?
The worst are all three of NYC's airports. LaGuardia in particular has that old Eastern Europe during the Cold War kinda vibe.

LaGuardia has been completely renovated and rebuilt and is now very nice.

"The transformation has been so remarkable that the terminal was declared the best new airport building in the world by an international panel of judges." NY Times.

BWahlberg said:
Yukon said:
Oh boy, You have no idea. Don't even get me started on that place.

More messed up than LAX?

Everybody seems to be coming around on LAX. Well, I’m NOT, Brint! I saw two big fat naked bikers on the sidewalk at Terminal 17, having sex. How am I supposed to chip with that going on, Brint?

Latest posts

Back