• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats Hire Defensive Coordinator…..

Griz til I die said:
HookedonGriz said:
I’m shocked he was a pick at all with his history. 3 major strikes on his record and they take him anyways? Can you imagine kitty nation if this was a Griz hire…..they’d be having a heyday with it. I’m sure they are crickets over there…..move along, nothing to see here type or already making excuses why he deserves this chance.
Ya and their excuse is he used to work for NDSU and they’re trying to beat NDSU despite the fact that their losing 3 starting D-line men and Mr. everything Troy Andersen, along with 2 All-American O-line men and their top 2 receivers
1jixci.jpg

Seems like people are being a bit harsh criticizing this coach. It isn’t like he was a drug dealer and attached to the MSU program. They historically have very few issues

Copper Griz said:
Seems like people are being a bit harsh criticizing this coach. It isn’t like he was a drug dealer and attached to the MSU program. They historically have very few issues

Great point, Copper! No one knows if he’s ever even been in a wheat field or ever killed a man either.

Got to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Ursa Major said:
Copper Griz said:

Great point, Copper! No one knows if he’s ever even been in a wheat field or ever killed a man either.

I’m totally serious about this, you guys need to lay off of the man. No one has ever even suggested that the newly hired cat coach has ever been associated with a program that was called “trick-ass” by the father of a recruited student athletes nor has he been part of a program that would help facilitate a MILF overnight program to help educate women about football.

I just think this thread has gone too far with unproven allegations about the man.

Ursa Major said:
Ursa Major said:

I’m totally serious about this, you guys need to lay off of the man. No one has ever even suggested that the newly hired cat coach has ever been associated with a program that was called “trick-ass” by the father of a recruited student athletes nor has he been part of a program that would help facilitate a MILF overnight program to help educate women about football.

I just think this thread has gone too far with unproven allegations about the man.

Great points, Ursa. When the Bobcats hire a coach, everyone automatically thinks he’s a meth-dealing murderer who runs creepy Cosby camps with the complete endorsement of the university. It can be true, but it’s just not fair to assume it’s true before we get to know the guy.

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:

Great points, Ursa. When the Bobcats hire a coach, everyone automatically thinks he’s a meth-dealing murderer who runs creepy Cosby camps with the complete endorsement of the university. It can be true, but it’s just not fair to assume it’s true before we get to know the guy.

I think this is an important point to keep in mind, CDA. I suggest we do try to get to know him better prior to making a judgment. Sounds as though we can find him at The Crystal pretty much any day beginning about 10:00 am, so I propose we start there.

Had a cat fan tell me that 7/10 coaches have a dui so the coaches 2 duis were not a big deal. :shock:

Mavman said:
Had a cat fan tell me that 7/10 coaches have a dui so the coaches 2 duis were not a big deal. :shock:

Well the first sign of stupidity was being a cat fan. That should have told you all that you needed to know. They are firing on 2 cylinders up there.

HookedonGriz said:
3-7-77 said:
Rumor has it this guy was their sixth pick. Can anyone verify or debunk this rumor? :lol:

I’m shocked he was a pick at all with his history. 3 major strikes on his record and they take him anyways? Can you imagine kitty nation if this was a Griz hire…..they’d be having a heyday with it. I’m sure they are crickets over there…..move along, nothing to see here type or already making excuses why he deserves this chance.

Minor strike = 1 pt. Major strke = 2 pts. 2 X 3 still equals six, right?

Griz Addict said:
Mavman said:

Well the first sign of stupidity was being a cat fan. That should have told you all that you needed to know. They are firing on 2 cylinders up there.

Truer words my man

Ursa Major said:
Ursa Major said:

Trick-ass was the best tweet ever.

https://twitter.com/EZ4ED/status/692754640228605952

AllWeatherFan said:
Let’s give the poor guy a second chance! And perhaps a third. And why not a fourth?

Agree! And actually I'm just hoping he really was the sixth choice..... as that seemed to work our OK with our head coach :cool:

poorgriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Let’s give the poor guy a second chance! And perhaps a third. And why not a fourth?

Agree! And actually I'm just hoping he really was the sixth choice..... as that seemed to work our OK with our head coach :cool:

Not winning conference
Getting asses kicked by rival
Getting asses kicked worse on National tv

Yep that did seem to work okay

poorgriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

You might be right, but I'd give it some time. If he starts 0-2 against the Griz and doesn't make it past the quarters next year you might be singing a different tune. Wondering if the lopsided title game appearance did much good for your program. Choate was a helluva recruiter. Your recruiting class doesn't look particularly strong so far, imo, and you guys just graduated one of your most talented classes that I can remember. Time will tell.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Not winning conference
Getting asses kicked by rival
Getting asses kicked worse on National tv

Yep that did seem to work okay

Yup, made it the National Championship game for the first time in 37 years, I'll take it. It wasn't a perfect season by any means but they made it to Frisco, tasted it, came up short, and know what it takes to take down NDSU. Might not happen this year, or next, or the next... who knows. What I do know is every player on that team is working their asses off right now to get better, because they all know they weren't good enough last month in Frisco.

Alaska Griz said:
poorgriz said:

You might be right, but I'd give it some time. If he starts 0-2 against the Griz and doesn't make it past the quarters next year you might be singing a different tune. Wondering if the lopsided title game appearance did much good for your program. Choate was a helluva recruiter. Your recruiting class doesn't look particularly strong so far, imo, and you guys just graduated one of your most talented classes that I can remember. Time will tell.

Is it true that "Choate was a helluva recruiter"?

poorgriz said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Agree! And actually I'm just hoping he really was the sixth choice....
AWF said “chance”, not “choice”. Sorry to be a stickler but sometimes I think you cats can’t read. ...or write......or arithmeticulate. I wonder if the “three R’s” at MS-lose stand for Rodeo, R-bar, and Wrastlin’.

BTW, what “chance” is this coach being given? Is it really his sixth?
After 1st DUI = 2nd chance;
After 2nd DUI = 3rd chance;
1st NCAA violation = 4th chance;
2nd NCAA violation = 5th chance; and
he misled NCAA enforcement when questioned about it (probably the worst on the list) = 6th chance?

mthoopsfan said:
Alaska Griz said:

If you don't believe it, just ask him!

mthoopsfan said:
Alaska Griz said:

I thought so. He seemed to consistently beat out competitors to bring in high level FCS recruits, some who were borderline FBS. I think the Cats depth this year and defensive talent the last few years was because his ability to stockpile talent while he was there. Retention, injuries, and development are parts of the overall product, but just on paper his classes struck me as upper tier for FCS. Just my opinion of course.

Back