• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Choate

bigsky33 said:
Hauck was a failure at UNLV. I will take what Choate is building any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I keep hearing about what Choached is “building” over there and it sounds funny as hell to me. My neighbor claims choached is building a successful program, albeit on a losing foundation, and that it’s totally normal to leverage your future on an unproven track record.
I’ve also heard they’re going to build a “promenade” to essentially pave the trail of tears. But the cats will still start each game being puked up like a hair ball from an inflatable tabby cat head. Every time I see it, this joke works: “whoa, lookout, Cats’ out of the bag!”
Like the Gateway Drug renovation at Ewe, what choached is building will take time but you can feel the energy meow!

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

I keep hearing about what Choached is “building” over there and it sounds funny as hell to me. My neighbor claims choached is building a successful program, albeit on a losing foundation, and that it’s totally normal to leverage your future on an unproven track record.
I’ve also heard they’re going to build a “promenade” to essentially pave the trail of tears. But the cats will still start each game being puked up like a hair ball from an inflatable tabby cat head. Every time I see it, this joke works: “whoa, lookout, Cats’ out of the bag!”
Like the Gateway Drug renovation at Ewe, what choached is building will take time but you can feel the energy meow!

Dude my neighbor keeps building on his dilapidated and crumbling foundation....keeps adding addition after addition....one day I went to the fence and said "Hey Choade....you know that house is gonna come crumbling down someday"....he always replies mind your own damn business...."I'm building something here"... His property tax keeps devaluing, but he continues to "build".

garizzalies said:
uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
Of those linebackers, how much experience does the group have? I know Andersen is a star but even he is not all that experienced.

Enough. TA not so much but you don't move one of the best RB's in the conference to LB just for fun. Coached have said TA is an NFL caliber player at LB. Our Front 7 and overall D is looking like it will be a stout unit, the best in several years.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If any Griz coach said that about a guy that has yet to play a down in college football as a LB, you would crucify us.

This thread just keeps delivering. :lol:
The best part is Cat People call him “coached” too!

We just need them to start saying the Choat-led Bobcats

It is strange to hear so much about what he's "building" but not see any results, or hear anything tangible save for off-season musings about scary goodness. Jess might indeed be a savior for MSU, but I'd have an easier time believing Cat fans if they just admitted that he has to show it in the form of wins, fast.

For example:
What will 4-7 in 2018 with a win over the Griz get Choach?
What about 5-6 with a loss to the Griz?
Will the early extension still look like a great move in either instance?

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

A 9-13 FCS record vs a 80-17 record. Yea leave it to you for that to make any sense :lol:

Just another in the long line of 'scat fans who is satisfied with mediocrity as long as there's an occasional victory against the Griz thrown in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And now, even THAT will be gone...not a whole lot to look forward to over there...

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

A 9-13 FCS record vs a 80-17 record. Yea leave it to you for that to make any sense :lol:

Just another in the long line of 'scat fans who is satisfied with mediocrity as long as there's an occasional victory against the Griz thrown in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And now, even THAT will be gone...not a whole lot to look forward to over there...

Well...It is pre-season for the next 4 1/2 months...So we are pre-season champs for that long. I look forward to it every year...

SACCAT66 said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Well...It is pre-season for the next 4 1/2 months...So we are pre-season champs for that long. I look forward to it every year...

I bet you do. :mrgreen:

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Hauck being a failure at his last head coaching job is more comfortable now that he is at home in a failing University.

CDAGRIZ said:
It is strange to hear so much about what he's "building" but not see any results, or hear anything tangible save for off-season musings about scary goodness. Jess might indeed be a savior for MSU, but I'd have an easier time believing Cat fans if they just admitted that he has to show it in the form of wins, fast.

For example:

Well according to the article over on Cat Nation about the Bobcat coaches tour of the state...he says in the article that beating the Griz is literally the only thing that matters to cat fans.....sooo probably and extension again.

The Choat-led team can go 1-10 every year and as long as that one win is against the griz...he would stay there for life.

All these preseason pissing matches show is how bored people with too much time on their hands can get. Well I'm bored with nothing better to do so here goes.

I was a Stitt fan as I like to watch high-powered, high scoring offenses, and felt he could put that together here. Watching the caliber of skill position recruits he was landing gave even more hope. But something happened on the way to the Forum, and it wasn't funny. I soured when I watched in disbelief as Chotex's team with far inferior talent beat the Griz not once but twice. I'm not ready to think Chotex and Greg are capable of building a championship team but they sure as hell figured out how to do more with less. With Bobby, I'm optimistic we will never be out-coached or outplayed in the Brawl while he is here. I actually give most credit to Greg. The one year he was here he found Bob and Jason were not short on hubris, discovered their Achilles' heels, and exploited them for all to see....TWICE for F's sake.

Because Bobby's team always seem to play their best ball at the end of the year, I feel good about the outcome of this year's Brawl.

bigsky33 said:

Hauck got UNLV to a 7 - 6 record in his 4th year there.....Croaked could be building towards something as unimaginable as that.....thus the early extension.

horribilisfan8184 said:
All these preseason pissing matches show is how bored people with too much time on their hands can get. Well I'm bored with nothing better to do so here goes.

I was a Stitt fan as I like to watch high-powered, high scoring offenses, and felt he could put that together here. Watching the caliber of skill position recruits he was landing gave even more hope. But something happened on the way to the Forum, and it wasn't funny. I soured when I watched in disbelief as Chotex's team with far inferior talent beat the Griz not once but twice. I'm not ready to think Chotex and Greg are capable of building a championship team but they sure as hell figured out how to do more with less. With Bobby, I'm optimistic we will never be out-coached or outplayed in the Brawl while he is here. I actually give most credit to Greg. The one year he was here he found Bob and Jason were not short on hubris, discovered their Achilles' heels, and exploited them for all to see....TWICE for F's sake.

Because Bobby's team always seem to play their best ball at the end of the year, I feel good about the outcome of this year's Brawl.

This is spot on!

horribilisfan8184 said:

I agree with this post 100%. :thumb: :thumb:

BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

For example:

Well according to the article over on Cat Nation about the Bobcat coaches tour of the state...he says in the article that beating the Griz is literally the only thing that matters to cat fans.....sooo probably and extension again.

The Choat-led team can go 1-10 every year and as long as that one win is against the griz...he would stay there for life.

I don't read Bobcat Nation, so I haven't seen that article. If Choatch said that, the early extension would make perfect sense. It's completely fine if they only care about the Griz game. Otherwise, I'm scratching my head on them not wanting to wait to see how this year shakes out before negotiating.

CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

For example:

I don't read Bobcat Nation, so I haven't seen that article. If Choatch said that, the early extension would make perfect sense. It's completely fine if they only care about the Griz game. Otherwise, I'm scratching my head on them not wanting to wait to see how this year shakes out before negotiating.

Who knows? Maybe the admin at MSU truly believe as some of the MSU faithful do that Choate is on the verge of greatness and don't want to negotiate with him after he wins the National Championship next year. :eek:

https://skylinesportsmt.com/seizing-the-momentum-bobcat-athletics-markets-vision-for-growth-during-rural-road-trip-2/

cmtgrizzly said:
CDAGRIZ said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

For example:

Who knows? Maybe the admin at MSU truly believe as some of the MSU faithful do that Choate is on the verge of greatness and don't want to negotiate with him after he wins the National Championship next year. :eek:

Haha, very true. If the NC happens, they could just offer him the customary bump.
I'm sure they are playing the long game to lock him in and take the sweet buyout cash when Texas lures him away after any of the 2018, 2019, or 2020 (yikes, that's a long time from now) seasons.

KoolMoeDee said:
https://skylinesportsmt.com/seizing-the-momentum-bobcat-athletics-markets-vision-for-growth-during-rural-road-trip-2/

Thanks, KMD.

"[T]he common sentiment among Bobcat enthusiasts remains the same: beat the Grizzlies and all is well."

It explains a ton. Thank you for linking it.

Back