• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classic Game Thread (Includes 95 Championship). Make sure you have at least 3 hours.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
MikeyGriz said:
*Sigh* What could have been had not a certain college president screwed it up. How did the supply of tar and feathers not get used up?

The way that offense was starting to hum…..I have always thought that team robin was building would have been so special in the years to come.

And then trying to cram Johnson’s creativity into Mick’s boring-ass offensive scheme….ugh.

A couple other observations from that 2011 squad. That offensive line had some absolute studs in Will Poehls, Danny Kistler, Kavario Middleton and Charles burton. Burton is still in Missoula as a Sheriff I believe. Sambrano and Canada were awesome. I don’t know that I’d call them underrated but they were damn good players. Dan Moore was an absolute wrecking ball. JJ was such a baller. Top 5 QB at UM IMO. JP Kanongataa, still one of my favorite players. Love the reckless abandon he played with. Caleb (Dirty) McSurdy was a beast. Trumaine Johnson, don’t know if we will have a player that capable at the CB position again, and if we do we would be hard pressed to keep him. He was truly a lockdown corner and an athletic specimen. Last observation, I miss the screen game and wish rosy and company could put their heads together to dial up a few screen packages similar to what Jonathan smith ran. Between rosy, phoenecie, and pease the offense should have all kinds of wrinkles they could add with all that experience and knowledge.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
A couple other observations from that 2011 squad. That offensive line had some absolute studs in Will Poehls, Danny Kistler, Kavario Middleton and Charles burton. Burton is still in Missoula as a Sheriff I believe. Sambrano and Canada were awesome. I don’t know that I’d call them underrated but they were damn good players. Dan Moore was an absolute wrecking ball. JJ was such a baller. Top 5 QB at UM IMO. JP Kanongataa, still one of my favorite players. Love the reckless abandon he played with. Caleb (Dirty) McSurdy was a beast. Trumaine Johnson, don’t know if we will have a player that capable at the CB position again, and if we do we would be hard pressed to keep him. He was truly a lockdown corner and an athletic specimen. Last observation, I miss the screen game and wish rosy and company could put their heads together to dial up a few screen packages similar to what Jonathan smith ran. Between rosy, phoenecie, and pease the offense should have all kinds of wrinkles they could add with all that experience and knowledge.

2 understatements!

MikeyGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

2 understatements!

Hot take: Kavario Middleton was vastly underutilized. As was Antoin Moutra.

grizpsych said:
Do we have the full 2009 App State game on here? If so, disregard.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTyuHsl6tqg[/media]

Yes. But it could be posted 1.79 million times and still be worthy of another!

I wish there was a recording of the central Arkansas game in 2011. Can’t find that one. Also wish I could find the app state game in Missoula (not 09’) the year we had travan van. He might be the most underrated Griz running back ever. Another game I wish I could find is the cal poly game that went to either overtime or double overtime and we won on a blocked PAT. I know it was during the Delaney years and we had Tripp, Coyle and kanongataa as LBs

EverettGriz said:
Damn. Can’t find the whole game. Highlights anyone??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zZzGN-VDpMU

So, a few things about this game:

A) the two roughing the passer penalties were absolute bullshit
B) Robertson and Hicks-Onu were a lethal one/two punch and are going to be hard to replace
C) A healthy Cam and healthy Sulser were dangerous
D) If Cam had hit Roberts either time he was open in the first half it’s a much different game
E) Those UW fellas seemed surprised at how hard our guys hit :lol:

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
I wish there was a recording of the central Arkansas game in 2011. Can’t find that one. Also wish I could find the app state game in Missoula (not 09’) the year we had travan van. He might be the most underrated Griz running back ever. Another game I wish I could find is the cal poly game that went to either overtime or double overtime and we won on a blocked PAT. I know it was during the Delaney years and we had Tripp, Coyle and kanongataa as LBs

He best in space, dontcha know?

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Best I can do, Hm

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
It was October of 2013, (I was with my son's scout troop on a camping trip and trying to follow the game feed on my phone. LOL)

It was actually a field goal that Tripp blocked that would have put Poly up 10 with two minutes left. JJ marched us down the field mostly using Clay Pierson and Cam Warren, he hit Pierson on a 4th and goal with 12 seconds left. In the OT Ellis Henderson caught an early TD and then Coyle picked off a pass to seal it. GREAT GAME, not going to miss that Poly triple option in the future.

EverettGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Best I can do, Hm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQkoD2ylITg

Jordan Canada - I think was vastly underappreciated while here.

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:
Best I can do, Hm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hQkoD2ylITg

Top 5 best RB's we've had since 1985 and I used to love bellowing "First Down CANADA!" at Cassidy's in Plentywood. (Now it's becoming a Cats bar so I'm kinda happy about Covid, and Monkeypox)

SaskGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Top 5 best RB's we've had since 1985 and I used to love bellowing "First Down CANADA!" at Cassidy's in Plentywood. (Now it's becoming a Cats bar so I'm kinda happy about Covid, and Monkeypox)

:lol: :lol:

hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Here's the 2013 home game against App State. I'll try to get that Cal Poly game up soon as well.

OleGriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=a91O7SHmxm0

Here's the 2013 home game against App State. I'll try to get that Cal Poly game up soon as well.

Solid work! Thank you sir!

@Washington State

University of Puget Sound

@Georgia Southern (semifinals)

South Dakota State
@Oregon (only Coach's Show highlights)

Eastern Washington

Georgia Southern (playoffs)
@Marshall (National Championship)

@Eastern Washington

@Montana State

Montana State

Sacramento State
Appalachian State (semifinals)
Georgia Southern (National Championship)

@Montana State

@Portland State
@McNeese State (playoffs)

Eastern Washington

Weber State

@Montana State

Montana State
@James Madison (semifinals)
Richmond (National Championship)

Eastern Washington
South Dakota State (playoffs)
Appalachian State (semifinals)
Villanova (National Championship)

@Northern Arizona
Northern Iowa (playoffs)

Appalachian State

San Diego (playoffs)

North Dakota State
South Dakota State (playoffs)

@Washington (only extended highlights)
Western Illinois
Cal Poly
@Northern Arizona
Montana State
Eastern Washington (playoffs)

I didn't add anything new, just organized chronologically so it will be easier to find specific games. Sorry about so many embedded vids on one page.

Maybe this post could be copied or put on the first page to be updated as more games are submitted or better yet maybe the site could make a "Video Vault" page/tab like the "FAQ", "Schedules", "Info & Resources", etc. ones at the top so that these games would be easy to find.

Latest posts

Back