• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Classy Cats Yank Scholarship

mtgrizrule said:
It happens and a risk of a recruit waiting.
Waiting for what? He can’t sign until next week. Waiting for....???.... .Mr Choade to return his calls?
Yea I guess that’s a risk you take with him

garizzalies said:
mtgrizrule said:
Waiting for what? He can’t sign until next week. Waiting for....???.... .Mr Choade to return his calls?

Are you kidding? Fot god sake, it happens all the time in div I football. It does suck but don't pretend that it is something unique to MSU. Please don't imply that Hauck is somehow above that.

indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:
mtgrizrule said:

Are you kidding? Fot god sake, it happens all the time in div I football. It does suck but don't pretend that it is something unique to MSU. Please don't imply that Hauck is somehow above that.

Can you name another time when a HC offered (or oversaw and offer to) a kid, the kid committed, and then the same HC dodged his calls for this long before pulling the offer? I honestly don't think that happens very often, but I'd be interested to hear about other times this has happened. If it's that common, it shouldn't be hard to give an example.

HookedonGriz said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Looks like the links described situations involving head coaching changes. Did I miss one that involved an analogous occurrence?

English be hard for some people.

I'm not surprised by this, their recruiting policy seems to be offer everybody on earth and see what sticks, this time it ends up making them look like shit. Trust is kind of a big deal in recruiting, people notice these things.

It’s not the first time. It’s at least the second time the coach or family has called them out for shady scholarship stuff. I can only imagine how many have not said something publicly. Remember the “get your trick ass out of LA” comment directed at MSU recruiters.
Over the years, state college has had difficulty getting good players. Now, Choate is pulling out all stops and doing whatever he deems necessary to be competitive, even if he crosses the line of proper ethics.

CDAGRIZ said:
indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:
mtgrizrule said:

Can you name another time when a HC offered (or oversaw and offer to) a kid, the kid committed, and then the same HC dodged his calls for this long before pulling the offer? I honestly don't think that happens very often, but I'd be interested to hear about other times this has happened. If it's that common, it shouldn't be hard to give an example.
This was published in 2013, you can look here yourself. Saban does it all the time and so does nearly every coach, don't be an idiot.

"this sort of thing happens all the time behind the scenes without becoming public, usually because a player wants to avoid embarrassment in having news get out that his offer from a school wasn't valid and that his attempt to commit was turned down."

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/5/23/4359776/alabama-recruiting-nick-saban-admits-offers-committable

indian-outlaw said:
CDAGRIZ said:
indian-outlaw said:
garizzalies said:

This was published in 2013, you can look here yourself. Saban does it all the time and so does nearly every coach, don't be an idiot.

"this sort of thing happens all the time behind the scenes without becoming public, usually because a player wants to avoid embarrassment in having news get out that his offer from a school wasn't valid and that his attempt to commit was turned down."

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/5/23/4359776/alabama-recruiting-nick-saban-admits-offers-committable

I must have missed the part where Choach told the prospect his offer was non-commitable. Seems like MSU offered the kid, the kid accepted, then Choach waited, ignored contact, and then said the kid isn't welcome. Not the same.

I must have also missed the part in the article where Saban said he ghosts commits for weeks before telling them they aren't welcome. Can you actually come up with an example of it happening this way, or not? Shouldn't be hard if it's so common.

CDAGRIZ said:
Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
Ursa, do your research. It happens quite frequently on an national basis. Yes, I know you guys just like to give crap to a rival coach that has your number. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name three times it's happened without a coaching change, player injury, or other circumstance that changes things. Name just three times where it was: coach offers, player accepts, coach ghosts player for weeks, and coach rescinds the offer leaving player with next to no time to find another school. Go.

No one said it was a good thing to pull an offer, don't get your panties in a bunch. And yes, it does happen on a national basis, for all kinds of reasons. A simple google search is all it takes to see it.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/1/17/14296642/lane-kiffin-scholarship-offer-pulled-fau
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=14659677
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/10/27/18032814/matt-colburn-louisville-scholarship-bobby-petrino-wake-forest

Re-read the posts, and name three where it happened like this. Go.

Here's a better idea: Google search 'football scholarship offer rescinded'. You can do this. Stories about Lane Kiffin & Jim Harbaugh (2 class acts for sure) strike similar circumstances. You sure have a bone for Coach Choate and his timing. Probably from the last 8 seconds of the Cat/Griz game and his timing there!

So, Outlaw, that make it ok because Saban does it? The last I was aware, Choate isn’t Saban, although he probably thinks he is.

Spray, I don't know what you are asking me to do. I do know, that it's not my burden. So far, nobody can show an example of this bush league bullshit despite saying it's very common. I guess that's the answer. Very MSU, indeed.

Spanky2 said:
So, Outlaw, that make it ok because Saban does it? The last I was aware, Choate isn’t Saban, although he probably thinks he is.

Couple that with the fact Saban isn't describing the same situation, and I think we've all learned that this is a tactic unique to Choach. It's tough to blame him, though. His handlers need to do a better job.

If true that Choate offers everyone in hopes of catching some, he may be in a panic thinking he could get in trouble with the lady pres for his reckless recruiting.

The more I think about it, I kind of like the strategy by Choach's handlers.
Offer everyone you can find (but don't let Choach write the letter anymore).
Get way more commitments than you have spots.
Begin the evaluation process.
Go silent.
Tell the ones who didn't make it that they are not welcome.
Then, they don't have time to sign with any opponents.

CDAGRIZ said:
The more I think about it, I kind of like the strategy by Choach's handlers.
Offer everyone you can find (but don't let Choach write the letter anymore).
Get way more commitments than you have spots.
Begin the evaluation process.
Go silent.
Tell the ones who didn't make it that they are not welcome.
Then, they don't have time to sign with any opponents.

Its what powerful programs who are trying to build a dynasty and get over the .500 record do.

So for all you slow thinkers, I think everyone realizes that offers get pulled from recruits all the time, but the complaint is how they treated the recruit by ignoring him for weeks when he made attempts to touch base with them about what was going on. And I don't care if people want to use the "everyone does it" excuse....it is wrong. How about manning up and being honest with the kid.

grizindabox said:
So for all you slow thinkers, I think everyone realizes that offers get pulled from recruits all the time, but the complaint is how they treated the recruit by ignoring him for weeks when he made attempts to touch base with them about what was going on. And I don't care if people want to use the "everyone does it" excuse....it is wrong. How about manning up and being honest with the kid.

this says it best....the 17 year old kid would be devastated ....just like any of us would be at that age.

Spanky2 said:
HookedonGriz said:
jodcon said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Looks like the links described situations involving head coaching changes. Did I miss one that involved an analogous occurrence?

English be hard for some people.

I'm not surprised by this, their recruiting policy seems to be offer everybody on earth and see what sticks, this time it ends up making them look like shit. Trust is kind of a big deal in recruiting, people notice these things.

It’s not the first time. It’s at least the second time the coach or family has called them out for shady scholarship stuff. I can only imagine how many have not said something publicly. Remember the “get your trick ass out of LA” comment directed at MSU recruiters.
Over the years, state college has had difficulty getting good players. Now, Choate is pulling out all stops and doing whatever he deems necessary to be competitive, even if he crosses the line of proper ethics.

Choate has had excellent recruiting classes.

grizindabox said:

However, the article was one sided. There are two sides to every story. The coach is not allowed to comment. We all have no idea of the facts in this situation. We do not know what the coaches did. This is all bulls-t on a Griz message board. :roll: :roll:

bigsky33 said:
grizindabox said:

However, the article was one sided. There are two sides to every story. The coach is not allowed to comment. We all have no idea of the facts in this situation. We do not know what the coaches did. This is all bulls-t on a Griz message board. :roll: :roll:

Correction: we have a decent idea of the facts of the situation based on the first-hand accounts of multiple people quoted in the article. Those accounts have not been refuted, but, by all means, go ahead and call them liars. Great look.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
grizindabox said:

Correction: we have a decent idea of the facts of the situation based on the first-hand accounts of multiple people quoted in the article. Those accounts have not been refuted, but, by all means, go ahead and call them liars. Great look.

CDA the coaches cannot comment. That may be the reason there is nothing refuting the account given by one side. Time for you to get your head out of your a—.

Back