• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Colorado

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Whatever he decides to do, one hopes he has better luck recruiting this time around. Vegas for whatever reason does not appeal to kids who don't want to party, stay out all damn night, and would rather hit the gym and go for a run than get wasted...

Marcus Arroyo would disagree with you. He has done very well. From his UNLV bio …

Case in point: on Feb. 5, 2020, Arroyo announced his first UNLV recruiting class and the impressive group set multiple program records, including earning the No. 1 ranking in the Mountain West by Rivals and No. 2 by 247Sports. One year later, the 2021 class turned heads nationally, ranking eighth among all Group of 5 schools. Its standing of 67th overall was a stunning 36 spots higher than the average ranking for UNLV’s classes in the decade previous to Arroyo’s arrival on campus (averaged 103rd from 2010-19). In addition, the Class of 2021’s average 247Sports per-player rating of .8324 shattered Year One’s school-record mark of .8145. This also marked the first time since the introduction of the recruiting rankings that the Rebels finished in the top two of the Mountain West in consecutive years.

uofmman1122 said:
Genuinely don’t think Bobby would even consider moving on again until he’s won a national championship here.

For some reason, this sparked my tinderbox of memories. How many times have you, or anyone of eGriz, moved. I got to 'reminisce' about my moves. Christ! I didn't even realize the number of times I have gone through that process. Some with moving companies, mostly U-Haul. In the coaching profession, Bobby has lots of experience with moving. He's back where he wanted to be, where he is appreciated by the true fans(except for the sh*theads of Raze Missoula)and supported by the administration, runs a top notch FCS program, the kids have graduated college, and he doesn't have to write tuition checks to Moo U anymore, as his girls have(or soon will)graduated from nursing school. Why the hell would he want to try to re-start a program which has recently failed(or had a long history of failure), despite the offer of a big bucket of cash? His wife would probably veto that move, or at least let him know that half of that big bucket of cash belongs to her, and that she ain'ta goin'. For those of you who know the Hauck family, and I really don't, tell me where I'm wrong. :thumb:

ordigger said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Whatever he decides to do, one hopes he has better luck recruiting this time around. Vegas for whatever reason does not appeal to kids who don't want to party, stay out all damn night, and would rather hit the gym and go for a run than get wasted...

Marcus Arroyo would disagree with you. He has done very well. From his UNLV bio …

Case in point: on Feb. 5, 2020, Arroyo announced his first UNLV recruiting class and the impressive group set multiple program records, including earning the No. 1 ranking in the Mountain West by Rivals and No. 2 by 247Sports. One year later, the 2021 class turned heads nationally, ranking eighth among all Group of 5 schools. Its standing of 67th overall was a stunning 36 spots higher than the average ranking for UNLV’s classes in the decade previous to Arroyo’s arrival on campus (averaged 103rd from 2010-19). In addition, the Class of 2021’s average 247Sports per-player rating of .8324 shattered Year One’s school-record mark of .8145. This also marked the first time since the introduction of the recruiting rankings that the Rebels finished in the top two of the Mountain West in consecutive years.

All's good and well I suppose. Didn't they finish 2-10 last year? I realize they're 4-1 now. BUT! Starting this weekend with SJSU it's going to get a bit tougher.

3-7-77 said:
uofmman1122 said:
Genuinely don’t think Bobby would even consider moving on again until he’s won a national championship here.

For some reason, this sparked my tinderbox of memories. How many times have you, or anyone of eGriz, moved. I got to 'reminisce' about my moves. Christ! I didn't even realize the number of times I have gone through that process. Some with moving companies, mostly U-Haul. In the coaching profession, Bobby has lots of experience with moving. He's back where he wanted to be, where he is appreciated by the true fans(except for the sh*theads of Raze Missoula)and supported by the administration, runs a top notch FCS program, the kids have graduated college, and he doesn't have to write tuition checks to Moo U anymore, as his girls have(or soon will)graduated from nursing school. Why the hell would he want to try to re-start a program which has recently failed(or had a long history of failure), despite the offer of a big bucket of cash? His wife would probably veto that move, or at least let him know that half of that big bucket of cash belongs to her, and that she ain'ta goin'. For those of you who know the Hauck family, and I really don't, tell me where I'm wrong. :thumb:

16 Times. Yuck.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
ordigger said:

All's good and well I suppose. Didn't they finish 2-10 last year? I realize they're 4-1 now. BUT! Starting this weekend with SJSU it's going to get a bit tougher.

A bit tougher? The only "winnable" game they have left is Hawaii IMO.

SoldierGriz said:
3-7-77 said:

16 Times. Yuck.

That is rough. I think the question needs rephrased. How many times has anyone moved for a contract worth millions of dollars? Yes, with a buyout clause. Seriously people, I have read it all. Bobby told me he wasn’t leaving. Really this is where he plans on retiring. His wife would take half his money if he moved. Blah blah blah. Quit being naive. More money means more security, more property, more homes, more boats, more to leave your kids and grandkids. It also means more stress and pressure. THAT would likely be the reason he wouldn’t consider moving to another program. I really hope he stays bit people are delusional if they don’t believe he will consider another offer. Sand Diego might not have been a fit for numerous reasons. The next job - who knows.

SoldierGriz said:
3-7-77 said:

16 Times. Yuck.

For me, it was 12 while in the active military and 6 since. And never for a multimillion dollar contract. :lol:

SoldierGriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
For me, it was 12 while in the active military and 6 since. And never for a multimillion dollar contract. :lol:

:thumb:

We moved 7 times in the first 5 years after we got married but luckily it slowed down after that. It wasn't such a chore back then because we hardly owned anything and we could fit most of what we owned in the back of our pickup (plus we were young and spry). Funny story, we're currently packing up to move right now, and man is it a lot harder these days ( not that we're getting old or anything). When our adult children moved out they took a lot of stuff with them but the worst part is what is still left in the 1600 square foot shop. If tools weren't so expensive I think we could just give it all away and start over. I doubt my hubby agrees though. 😉

Da Boyz Mom said:
SoldierGriz said:

We moved 7 times in the first 5 years after we got married but luckily it slowed down after that. It wasn't such a chore back then because we hardly owned anything and we could fit most of what we owned in the back of our pickup (plus we were young and spry). Funny story, we're currently packing up to move right now, and man is it a lot harder these days ( not that we're getting old or anything). When our adult children moved out they took a lot of stuff with them but the worst part is what is still left in the 1600 square foot shop. If tools weren't so expensive I think we could just give it all away and start over. I doubt my hubby agrees though. 😉

So we sold our house in San Antonio in June, but the one we’re building wasn’t completed yet, so we “moved” up to the lakehouse full time. We were sorting shit to move out and had the following:

1) Lake house pile
2) Long term storage pile
3) POD pile
4) Auction pile
5) Donation pile
6) Dump pile

Ended up with a bunch of shit at the lake, the largest POD (8x8x20) they rent, TWO 10x30 storage units and a 10x10 unit, all packed to the rafters, half a semi truck full to the auction, two pickup loads to Goodwill and two more pickup loads to the dump. And we’re STILL not in our new house, so I get to “unwind” #’s 1-3 when it’s finally ready. If we never move again it’ll be too soon.

AZGrizFan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

So we sold our house in San Antonio in June, but the one we’re building wasn’t completed yet, so we “moved” up to the lakehouse full time. We were sorting shit to move out and had the following:

1) Lake house pile
3) POD pile
4) Auction pile
5) Donation pile
6) Dump pile

Ended up with a bunch of shit at the lake, the largest POD (8x8x20) they rent, TWO 10x30 storage units and a 10x10 unit, all packed to the rafters, half a semi truck full to the auction, two pickup loads to Goodwill and two more pickup loads to the dump. And we’re STILL not in our new house, so I get to “unwind” #’s 1-3 when it’s finally ready. If we never move again it’ll be too soon.

I've already decided that the next time we move we're hiring one of the companies that packs everything, moves it, and unpacks for you at the new place. Going to leave for a week and come back to the new place. I'm treating it as a sunk cost built into the price of the new house.

CDAGRIZ said:
AZGrizFan said:

1) Lake house pile
3) POD pile
4) Auction pile
5) Donation pile
6) Dump pile

I've already decided that the next time we move we're hiring one of the companies that packs everything, moves it, and unpacks for you at the new place. Going to leave for a week and come back to the new place. I'm treating it as a sunk cost built into the price of the new house.

We thought we would do this move that way and then we got quotes. They want more than we paid for our first house so that was out. Just to load and move our stuff not even packing anything was 20 grand. We rented a U-Haul instead. 😬

Da Boyz Mom said:
CDAGRIZ said:

We thought we would do this move that way and then we got quotes. They want more than we paid for our first house so that was out. Just to load and move our stuff not even packing anything was 20 grand. We rented a U-Haul instead. 😬

Holy sh*t! I'd say we have an average amount of stuff for a family of four, and our last regular movers charged $1,600. Of course, they were two Vietnamese dudes that my father in law recommended, so maybe we got a steal. I was thinking it would be 15-20k for the white glove service, but maybe not!

As for college coaches moving, I think it's a hilarious visual of someone like Nick Saban unpacking silverware and dishes. "Babe, which cupboard is for the plates?"

CDAGRIZ said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Holy sh*t! I'd say we have an average amount of stuff for a family of four, and our last regular movers charged $1,600. Of course, they were two Vietnamese dudes that my father in law recommended, so maybe we got a steal. I was thinking it would be 15-20k for the white glove service, but maybe not!

As for college coaches moving, I think it's a hilarious visual of someone like Nick Saban unpacking silverware and dishes. "Babe, which cupboard is for the plates?"

The lowest quote I could find for loading, transporting and unloading was around $6,000. We're moving 8 hours away but it's not like we're moving Coast to Coast or anything. And that quote was actually too low because I forgot about half the stuff that's in the shop.

In regard to unpacking - what wife worth her salt is going to let her husband unpack the kitchen anyway? It's never happened in my house. 😂

Da Boyz Mom said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The lowest quote I could find for loading, transporting and unloading was around $6,000. We're moving 8 hours away but it's not like we're moving Coast to Coast or anything. And that quote was actually too low because I forgot about half the stuff that's in the shop.

In regard to unpacking - what wife worth her salt is going to let her husband unpack the kitchen anyway? It's never happened in my house. 😂

Yes. And then you like to "organize" stuff and move things all over and then yell at us poor husbands when we ask where something is...... :cry:

ilovethecats said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Yes. And then you like to "organize" stuff and move things all over and then yell at us poor husbands when we ask where something is...... :cry:

:lol: I never yell. I just sigh and roll my eyes because usually the thing that he's looking for is right in front of his face.

Da Boyz Mom said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Got it. That makes more sense. My last move was maybe 2 miles. The next one, if ever, won't be any longer. In a strange turn of events, I actually do all the cooking, so I have the kitchen set up the way I want it. It's basically a six sigma operation. ;)

Well, I'm a 'tweener.' Not in the '16' category, but beyond the '12'. Fourteen times. UGH! How many times for the 'multi-million dollar' contract? Zip. I was being 'slightly' sarcastic when I 'reminisced' about the moves. Much easier when you are young and don't have shit. That last move was a total clusterfk. Finally found out where the dump as located. :lol:

Back to Bobby, I just think he's home and plans to stay put. Its what I'd do. Why move to BumFk, Nebraska or wherever, money or not. Just not worth the hassle. He's 58, slightly younger than I was on my last, and FINAL move. There are reasons people move TO Montana.

OK, OK, OK. Put a huge bucket on money on my lap, and maybe, just maybe, I'd sing a different tune, and erase my posts. :lol:

Da Boyz Mom said:
ilovethecats said:

:lol: I never yell. I just sigh and roll my eyes because usually the thing that he's looking for is right in front of his face.
My wife says the same thing.... :roll:

3-7-77 said:
Well, I'm a 'tweener.' Not in the '16' category, but beyond the '12'. Fourteen times. UGH! How many times for the 'multi-million dollar' contract? Zip. I was being 'slightly' sarcastic when I 'reminisced' about the moves. Much easier when you are young and don't have shit. That last move was a total clusterfk. Finally found out where the dump as located. :lol:

Back to Bobby, I just think he's home and plans to stay put. Its what I'd do. Why move to BumFk, Nebraska or wherever, money or not. Just not worth the hassle. He's 58, slightly younger than I was on my last, and FINAL move. There are reasons people move TO Montana.

OK, OK, OK. Put a huge bucket on money on my lap, and maybe, just maybe, I'd sing a different tune, and erase my posts. :lol:

Really don't care to go back and add up all the moves I've made, most on Uncle Sam's nickel. Do temporary duty stations count? I mean as a move. As far as contracts, in my contract Uncle said I'd get paid to jump out of airplanes, rappel out of helicopters and off cool cliffs, travel all over and see some of the world's finest beaches and dive bars adjacent to said beach and go on hikes in order to enjoy some of the finest forests, mountains and beautiful scenery imaginable! All on Uncle Sugar's nickel! Plus, I got to go camping all over the place!

Back